anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by glib View Post
    Not complaining but very little rain the last few years. The winter was so mild (I guess ours got sent East) that you really could have ridden all year but the allergies are the worst in memory. Great riding for sure!
    Don't even get me started on allergies! All my life sufferer. On prescribed meds for them. It has been brutal this year. Think about having a cold for 3 months of the year and you get the idea.
    No signature

Comment

Originally posted by bccap View Post
      You trying to BS a BS'er ?
      Lol...ohhh Garth.. We get an average of 29 less days of rainfall here a year compared to Vancouver and Seattle. That my friend is just a fact that vancouverites like to ignore!😝
      No signature

Comment

Still winter even though we're a week into spring but it did get above freezing to melt most ice patches on roads after 3" of new snow yesterday. Lot's of snow and ice on ponds for it to still be snowmobile conditions.
        Last edited by Guest; 03-29-2015, 06:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
          Lol...ohhh Garth.. We get an average of 29 less days of rainfall here a year compared to Vancouver and Seattle. That my friend is just a fact that vancouverites like to ignore!
          Only when the Legislature is in session. The hot air floating up dissolves the clouds.........
          Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
          Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
          1983 GS 750

Comment

Originally posted by lurch12_2000 View Post
            Still winter even though we're a week into spring but it did get above freezing to melt most ice patches on roads after 3" of new snow yesterday. Lot's of snow and ice on ponds for it to still be snowmobile conditions.
            I heard you guys got the snow yesterday. My dad was telling me it was unfair that we got a dusting and he got a few inches. However it never broke 28' yesterday in VT and the wind was killer, more heating fuel I didn't want to use. Just a few more weeks and it will be enjoyable to do long rides. Now that I know where you live Lurch we should meet up every now and then and grab some miles together at some point.

Ride safe my friend! I caught some ice in the shadows today in my neck of the woods...
            Jedz Moto
            1980 Suzuki GS1000G
            1988 Honda GL1500-6
            2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
            2020 Honda Monkey Z125
            2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
            Originally posted by Hayabuser
            Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by bccap View Post
              Only when the Legislature is in session. The hot air floating up dissolves the clouds.........
              Haha.... Well there is that got sure! Lol
              No signature

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
                Glib I don't get allergies so I think a west coast environment would work for me... However 1 good ride through Green Mountains and the Anderondacks and you'll have a hard time leaving.
                I'm with you on that. Twisty mountain roads are the best. I don't mind leaning over some as long as I know the condition of the road and have good line of sight but mostly I'm happy with a relaxing pace through the twistys. I hope that happens sometime soon.
                Last edited by glib; 03-29-2015, 09:06 PM.
                sigpic
                1983 GS1100ES (Bought July 2014)
                1983 GS1100E (Bought July 2014)
                1985 GS700ES (Bought June 2015) Sold
                On Christ the Solid Rock I Stand
                All Other Ground is Sinking Sand

Comment

Originally posted by glib View Post
                  I'm with you on that. Twisty mountain roads are the best. I don't mind leaning over some as long as I know the condition of the road and have good line of sight but mostly I'm happy with a relaxing pace through the twistys. I hope that happens sometime soon.
                  I'm still in my young and spirited days so I do lean heavy in the turns. HOWEVER I don't now... Way too early in the season to get hot in the turns. Too cold and the rubber doesn't give good feedback also sand and salt build up is high... I've seen too many people loose it in the sand, I am one of those people too, learned my lesson the hard way. I refuse to attack turns this early in the season. It's fine though, it's a good way to slowly get use to my new bike and slowly shake the rust off that I accumulate from the winter of being stuck in the house.

Ride Safe!
                  Jedz Moto
                  1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                  1988 Honda GL1500-6
                  2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                  Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
                    I heard you guys got the snow yesterday. My dad was telling me it was unfair that we got a dusting and he got a few inches. However it never broke 28' yesterday in VT and the wind was killer, more heating fuel I didn't want to use. Just a few more weeks and it will be enjoyable to do long rides. Now that I know where you live Lurch we should meet up every now and then and grab some miles together at some point.

Ride safe my friend! I caught some ice in the shadows today in my neck of the woods...
                    I always like riding in that direction (VT) but if I unload all my bikes and move to the tropics it may not happen....unless you lend me the FZ1 for a day? I still debate myself which is the better bike for the price range after owning an '02 FZ1 and the '98 and '01 B-12's.

Comment

I ride almost daily. Saturday and Sunday was gorgeous out. Sunny weather and in the low 80s. I tried to snap some pics but my damn iPhone was acting up and was stuck in video mode. Austin is such a diverse town with lots of twisty hill country roads. There are lot's of lakes and rivers to trek too on some nice scenic drives. It's camping weather season and it would be nice to load up a backpack and do an over nighter somewhere in a hammock.

Just a side note. I think it would be cool if this forum was compatible with Tapatalk so I could upload photos right on the spot like I do with other forums I belong too. Man it makes it so much easier to share pics on a forum without the hassle of fist downloading them to photo bucket and then pasting them in.

Comment

Originally posted by AKC75 View Post
                        I ride almost daily. Saturday and Sunday was gorgeous out. Sunny weather and in the low 80s. I tried to snap some pics but my damn iPhone was acting up and was stuck in video mode. Austin is such a diverse town with lots of twisty hill country roads. There are lot's of lakes and rivers to trek too on some nice scenic drives. It's camping weather season and it would be nice to load up a backpack and do an over nighter somewhere in a hammock.

Just a side note. I think it would be cool if this forum was compatible with Tapatalk so I could upload photos right on the spot like I do with other forums I belong too. Man it makes it so much easier to share pics on a forum without the hassle of fist downloading them to photo bucket and then pasting them in.
                        I enjoyed being out in that area a few years ago attending the Harvest Classic in Luckenbach. and fellow forum member Billy Ricks was generous enough to lend me his modded GS700E to ride some around the hills west of Austin. If I could have got more comfortable with his rear sets and reverse shifting it would have been longer. Besides my wife would have wondered what happened to me. The company I work for has their home office in the Austin area. I've tried to get them to send me there on business but no luck, and my son is not stationed there anymore.
                        Last edited by Guest; 03-30-2015, 10:50 AM.

Comment

I always like riding in that direction (VT) but if I unload all my bikes and move to the tropics it may not happen....unless you lend me the FZ1 for a day? I still debate myself which is the better bike for the price range after owning an '02 FZ1 and the '98 and '01 B-12's.
                          Always welcome to borrow a stead. Keep me posted. The B-12 and the FZ1 are different in many ways. Which one is better??? The Fizzy is water cooled and packed with more technology... We should do a comparison ride. The Bandit will be all legal by Wednesday.

If your around in a month or so let me know!!!
                          Jedz Moto
                          1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                          1988 Honda GL1500-6
                          2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

I enjoyed being out in that area a few years ago attending the Harvest Classic in Luckenbach. and fellow forum member Billy Ricks was generous enough to lend me his modded GS700E to ride some around the hills west of Austin. If I could have got more comfortable with his rear sets and reverse shifting it would have been longer. Besides my wife would have wondered what happened to me. The company I work for has their home office in the Austin area. I've tried to get them to send me there on business but no luck, and my son is not stationed there anymore.
                            It's beautiful out that way. West of Austin is hilly lake country. Out near Marble Falls especially with lots of scenic country roads. And right now the wild flowers are blooming!

It's been a long time since I've actually ridden out that far from Austin as it's about an hour ride one way. I'd like a bigger bike for that. I bought my 550T for mostly an in towner. Plenty of good hill riding right here!

Comment

Oh crap I almost forgot to mention.

Saturday I actually met up with an old buddy of mine I've known since we were kids. It's ben a year since I saw him last. He and his girlfriend both ride. He's also on a race team and is an instructor. I wasn't on my bike at the time we met up but he and his girl had theirs. He has like 7 bikes. That day he was on a little 125 sprint bike. It was like a little super moto almost. But is girlfriend had this completely rebuilt from the ground up 72' Honda CB 350 Café Racer. Definitely an eye catcher! Since we grew up riding dirt bikes together he let me take them both for a spin. We cruised around the hood just for a quick spin and I got to ride both.

The Café was a trip to ride! The foot pegs and controls were swept back a little bit so it felt awkward. And I'm not used to low bars like that either. The exhaust was scrambler style so you also have to be aware to hold your leg away a bit.

It was uncomfortable, different and fun all at the same time!

Comment

Managed to put a few miles on her today. Went to go pick up my new toy with it...

Comment

Working...
                                X