No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did enjoy it! but it was very short just a blast down some the twisty roads to make sure it was all working. I really love my gs I've owned it so long it's like part of me when I'm on it, not that I ride that well just comfortable.
    still needs to have the starter clutched looked at but I can work around that now that I modded the kill switch.

Comment

Joe, you've lavished us with pics of the awesome H2, but as a fellow 1150 owner how about some pics of that?
      sigpic
      When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
      -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
      -Rusty old scooter.
      Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
      https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Lorenzo, it must be difficult to concentrate on riding when you have scenery like that.
        Your Youtube clip is not working, change settings to public?
        2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
          Nice 83 GS850GK.
          And I see your auxiliary garage is progressing well.
          Close, oh, so close, Dave.

'80 GS850G with 'accessories'.

Yeah, some of the updates that were installed this past winter make it look a bit newer, but it's still an '80.

The "auxiliary garage" is slowly turning into the "shop" that it was intended to be. Rolled the second bike into it this evening.

sigpic
          mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
          hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
          #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
          #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
          Family Portrait
          Siblings and Spouses
          Mom's first ride
          Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
          (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
            ............, but it's still an '80.

The "auxiliary garage" is slowly turning into the "shop" that it was intended to be. ...
            the black cylinders make me think its an 83.

I imagine the shop will be good for you.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
            GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

The 1150 is still on parts hold, but for the second time this spring break my younger son was hounding me to take him for a ride on the rusty old scooter. We did some loops around the block, and after my going thru the gears, which is a bit tricky (pull the clutch then twist the grip), he happily steered.....When asked why he was in the middle of the road, his response was oh, that thats how i ride in my video game....He then stayed on the correct side.
              sigpic
              When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
              -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
              -Rusty old scooter.
              Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
              https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
              https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Got out for a bit of twisty fun today with my friend that owns the garage I keep my bike in. We kept it short (60 miles) as we both had "honey-do" lists a mile long

Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
                  Got out for a bit of twisty fun today with my friend that owns the garage I keep my bike in. We kept it short (60 miles) as we both had "honey-do" lists a mile long

Nothing like sharing the open roads with friends! The GS is definitely the bike I want to ride in that pic!!! Looking good Cowboy!

I coaxed my buddy to wake his 2009 FZ6 up for a 100 mile jaunt. HE "borrowed" the BK for the bulk of the ride, which was fine. IT's nice to flog a little 600cc to 14K rpm every now and then . Trevor you should be impressed how well I've been keeping the Chrome on my ugly bike. You can still see my reflection!

Last edited by Jedz123; 04-13-2015, 12:24 AM.
                  Jedz Moto
                  1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                  1988 Honda GL1500-6
                  2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                  2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                  2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                  Originally posted by Hayabuser
                  Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Lorenzo......great pictures! Thank you!

[/URL]

Found a new road today in Oregon. Route 66! Note Mt. Mclaughlin in the background.

[/URL]

Headed to California.

[/URL]

Mt Shasta again.......boring. 160 miles in 3 hours, with some nice twisties and good views.
                    Last edited by Charlie G; 04-13-2015, 01:26 AM.
                    sigpic
                    83 GS1100g
                    2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Not quite the views you have Charlie, nor the mileage but still having fun.

Rob
                      1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
                      Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Originally posted by Lorenzo View Post
                        Fine weather today

The Sibillini's Mountains

The Sibillini's are home to the homonymous wolf

The Castelluccio's Plateau

Some medieval walls

The Marmore's Falls

and in between, many a Km of twisties....
                        Stunning views, it must be great biking.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie G View Post
                          Lorenzo......great pictures! Thank you!

[/URL]

Found a new road today in Oregon. Route 66! Note Mt. Mclaughlin in the background.

[/URL]

Headed to California.

[/URL]

Mt Shasta again.......boring. 160 miles in 3 hours, with some nice twisties and good views.
                          Mt Shasta looks great, really cool to ride with that on the horizon.

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
                            Joe, you've lavished us with pics of the awesome H2, but as a fellow 1150 owner how about some pics of that?
                            I don't have many, but its obvious I will need to go for a ride around the great state of Wisconsin and get some photos with it!
                            Great pics in this thread I like it

Heres she sits right after the oil change, chain lube, and wipe down to check for anything that may need attention yesterday. It needs a good detailing and the starter clutch is acting up a bit, but she'll be fine for the summer!

Comment

Got the 550 out on Saturday. Met up with a few fellows from the area, did some maintenance to their bikes and went for a ride. I don't have any from the ride, but the meet up.....

Attached Files

Comment

It was nice getting the 850 out Sunday for the first time this year. After changing the fluids and installing new B8ES's, I put the petcock on prime for a minute or so, it fired right up. I gave it a good wash then met up with my buddy Paul. We rode to "Zookies" sports bar for wings. My motorcycles like going there, they think it's named after them.... "78550" we'll have to meet up sometime. Looks like fun hanging out at your garage.
                                My Motorcycles:
                                22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                                22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                                82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                                81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                                79 1000e (all original)
                                82 850g (all original)
                                80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Working...
                                X