anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A dozen for her and 6 for me

Flowers made it without too much trouble, and the cold ones still cold.

Roger

Current rides
    1983 GS 850G
    2003 FJR 1300A
    Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

A 59? Chevy Truck caught in the background of your pic on RT 66. What are the chances?
      sigpic
      When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
      -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
      -Rusty old scooter.
      Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
      https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
        A 59? Chevy Truck caught in the background of your pic on RT 66. What are the chances?
        Good eye! Love those old Chevys.
        Current Bikes:
        2001 Yamaha FZ1 (bought same one back)

Comment

Ah, those wide grooves in the pavement, so tires make noise, developed by the famous civil engineer, Dr. Alfred J Rumble.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
          GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Rode down to Walton, KY via slab (I hate being on that) tonight for a Lee Parks Total Control class tomorrow. The weather stayed mostly dry until I crossed the state line when somebody just opened a large shower head with a light show.

Really looking forward to the long ride home Sunday
            Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
            1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
            2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
            Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
            and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Rob and I got out for a much needed ride in the dirt today. Beautiful day....
              Started off with eggs Benny at Floyd's dinner...

No signature

Comment

What a beautiful place to ride.
                sigpic
                83 GS1100g
                2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
                  Rode down to Walton, KY via slab (I hate being on that) tonight for a Lee Parks Total Control class tomorrow. The weather stayed mostly dry until I crossed the state line when somebody just opened a large shower head with a light show.

Read only great things about all the Lee Park classes.
                  Looking forward to your take on the class.
                  2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie G View Post
                    What a beautiful place to ride.
                    +1 on that, Charlie.

Trevor, would that area and roads/trails be considered public or is it remote enough that everybody uses them?
                    2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post

Anxious to hear details of the class. Sounds like fun.
                      Larry

'79 GS 1000E
                      '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
                      '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
                      '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
                      '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

Looks like a really fun day.
                        I miss the dual sport bikes now
                        Roger

Current rides
                        1983 GS 850G
                        2003 FJR 1300A
                        Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
                          +1 on that, Charlie.

Trevor, would that area and roads/trails be considered public or is it remote enough that everybody uses them?
                          Yes, we are very lucky to ride here...thanks.
                          It's about a 30 min ride to where we ride...it's mostly Crown land but a lot of it is owned by logging companies....so they do put gates up in an attempt to keep riders out. The riders usually just make trails around the gates... There are so many trails and logging roads on the Island...we went all the way up to Jordan River yesterday...you can go all the way up to the top of the Island barely ever touching a "road"....and the scenery is spectacular because of the peaks it allows huge views of the ocean.
                          We rode 200kms yesterday and never saw another person all day except for on guy going in to go fishing.
                          As for the riding, it can be as easy or as hard as you like...you can stay on logging roads or you can venture in single track stuff for more of a challenge....there is lots we wouldn't do on our big old 650's...
                          No signature

Comment

Rode out to pick up spackle tape. Hot and humid led to a glorious ride in the rain.
                            http://
                            sigpic
                            When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                            -Rusty old scooter.

Comment

Lookin' good!
                              "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                              1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                              1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                              1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Thanks Bill. Got the matching front fender, I still need to tweak the brackets to properly fit the mid panels. The replacements actually have all of their tabs in place.
                                sigpic

Glen
                                -Rusty old scooter.

Comment

Working...
                                X