No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have the same bike also but one year older a 79 xs11 special, he's probably one of the guys on xs11.com

Comment

Got in a 50 mile round trip today, deposited money in the credit union and took pictures for the riding game,now gsrick can quit jonesin'

Comment

Originally posted by DanTheMan View Post
        Got in a 50 mile round trip today, deposited money in the credit union and took pictures for the riding game,now gsrick can quit jonesin'

That's snow on the ground! That sign says Bir, what it should say is Brrrrrr! Trees in bloom down here Dan.
        sigpic
        Steve
        "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Comment

Trees are always blooming here!
          1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
          1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Originally posted by sedelen View Post
            That's snow on the ground! That sign says Bir, what it should say is Brrrrrr! Trees in bloom down here Dan.
            Yesterday it was almost 40* (36.7 or some such). Today it's Brrrrrrrrrrrr! Currently reading -8*, projected high is 7*F. No riding today, no way, it's just too cold!

Comment

Originally posted by chef1366 View Post
              Trees are always blooming here!
              Hey Bill, I understand that in the area you reside, actually pretty close anyway, more than just trees bloom....

Comment

Hi,

I helped a friend move today. It was raining in the morning when I left but cleared while we were moving. Then it rained on me again the last few miles back to my house.

The worst thing about riding in the rain is the mess it makes on my bike. Now I'll have to spend an hour cleaning up. But at least we got my friend moved and didn't break anything. So I'm not complaining, much.

We didn't have to move in the snow!

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

I decided to take a ride today on the 1100 before the so called "artic blast" hits. I made a left turn off a major highway just before this happened some 300 feet down the highway from where I turned . Guy supposedly had a heart attack, but it may have been something he ate at McDonalds which he was leaving. Luckily no other vehicles were involved, as that's a main highway in this area and had lots of traffic at the time.
                  sigpic
                  Steve
                  "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Comment

went to the zoo here in Adelaide (Aus) with my wife and two daughters, thought I'd ride in seeing as it was such a nice day.

Comment

I went for 110 mile rain ride today. Drizzling when I left, wet roads and sand from recent snow storm. Not too cold at 47 degrees, but when cornering on the twisty sections, you either had to be by the center line or on the outside, as there was a trail of sand through the middle of the lane. Constantly misting visor and glove sweeps across the visor to see clearly. I still manage to have fun regardless of the weather.

There's a gas station here in town, Union 76 that supposedly has ethanol free gas. I'm kinda skeptical what's filling that 10% others stations have. No rain gear just jeans and a ancient leather jacket, but it does have this cool neck gator built into the liner.

The Silver Lake Road loop I did near Mt. Baker, DOT failed to finish tar and graveling the roads before winter hit, so it was about 15 miles of wet marbles. Apparently, one section of the road is a about 50 yards from the Canadian Border and the feeling of being watched from all angles is high. When I arrived home just my knees were wet.
                      GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

Originally posted by DanTheMan View Post
                        Yesterday it was almost 40* (36.7 or some such). Today it's Brrrrrrrrrrrr! Currently reading -8*, projected high is 7*F. No riding today, no way, it's just too cold!
                        Yup been at least in the mid 40s for more than a week, near 60 some days. Within hours of that front moving through it dropped to -10F (that's like -46 or something to you celcius peeps) with the windchill.

Comment

Its around 30F in the north of Tampa area. I don't have to ride when its cold, so its just short errands on the bike for me for the next day or two.
                          All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Originally posted by Carter Turk View Post
                            I went for 110 mile rain ride today.

Turk,
                            Nice Kat - what kind of paint scheme is that?
                            Scott
                            1982 GS1000S #1 bought in 84, #2 gone, #3 in hibernation
                            1983 GS1100ES #1 (bought in 03, July 09 BOM, 65k traded in 17), #2 New daily rider, #3 in hibernation
                            1982 GS1100E Red #1 - Original owner, sold in 93, #2 (Red) sold in 20 to Andy B
                            2018 Gold Wing Tour - new out of the crate 1st non-Suzuki in 38 years
                            sigpic

Comment

gs scott,

The paint job was done by an old acquaintance who was into Kawasaki Jet Skis. The previous owner had painted it flat black with a 4'' brush and had been crashed on both sides.
                              The crank was bent and the tank dented. I picked it up for $400 on a tip from a gal named
                              "Rachel". Nothing is really original except the frame, side panels, and clip ons. Sold the original damaged motor before I new there was difference with the internals.
                              It's an '83, bought in '93 and a daily rider since '96 when I put an '84 1150 motor in it. Paint and bondo cost $250 back then. As far as the colors, I don't know the codes he used.
                              GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

Today I'm not riding, some white stuff came down last night (not much), but I rode yesterday, logged in about 60 miles doing errands and getting a couple of tags for the riding game. So, here's one of the riding game picts.

Comment

Working...
                                X