anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
    Love it Lurch! I'm glad your enjoying you new bike! Good fuel economy is also nice perk! those 2 bangers are really good at delivring that.

Can't wait to give it a go and have my first ever strom experience!

What's Sunday look like for some riding in NH? Not sure if you should bring the Bking since the Bandit used to take me to 130 a lot before I got control of myself. I've been stopped 5 times in the last 6 years but fortunately I was only clocked at under 80 those times, on the secondary roads. They're usually the same age as my sons and they seem to feel funny about giving pops a ticket, eyeball the bikes and let me go with a verbal warning.

Comment

It's amazing this time of year - ride to work at 35* with liner, winter weight gloves, and long sleeve shirt then ride home at 55*, no liner, and summer weight gloves. Funny part to me was that I was the only bike in the parking lot today

Sure wish it would make up its mind and start getting warmer.
      Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
      1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
      2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
      Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
      and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

The extent of my riding so far has been in the shop, I sit on the bike and go vroom vroom. I can grip the right grip though I not able to do the most important thing yet...twist open the throttle!! Arthritis sucks I tell ya. Tis getting a bit better, though not fast enough.
        Last edited by mrbill5491; 04-23-2015, 06:10 PM.
        sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
        1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
        2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

[/URL]

My truck is in the shop today, so I have to go for a ride and try out the new Hagon shocks. Wisteria is in bloom.

[/URL]

The bike turned over to 50k while on the road. That's about 6300 miles for me on this bike since I got it running in August.

[/URL]

A little hundred year old bridge over the Scott river, near Callahan. Off to the brew pub for lunch.

[/URL]

Oh ya, the shocks were great. I give them two Etna Brewery stickers and a Coaster their so B-ass. I'd give more but that's all they gave me two.
          cg
          Last edited by Charlie G; 04-24-2015, 01:31 AM.
          sigpic
          83 GS1100g
          2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Originally posted by lurch12_2000 View Post
            What's Sunday look like for some riding in NH? Not sure if you should bring the Bking since the Bandit used to take me to 130 a lot before I got control of myself. I've been stopped 5 times in the last 6 years but fortunately I was only clocked at under 80 those times, on the secondary roads. They're usually the same age as my sons and they seem to feel funny about giving pops a ticket, eyeball the bikes and let me go with a verbal warning.
            Let me check on that. I usually have to work Sunday's at 4pm I have Sunday the 31st off in May. I could ride in the morning Sunday but I usually am in bed from working till 4AM Saturday night, unless I get to bed By 3AM and get out early, getting up before 11AM Sunday is quite the chore. Also Sunday is a day my GF and I try to hangout for she works the traditional Mon-Friday 9-5. Where my days off are generally Tuesday and Wednesday. So I only get to see her Tuesday and Wednesday evenings and Saturday and Sunday days... However she does go and visit her twin sister every so often and could sneak out to NH for a couple of hours of riding. I think halfway is between Leb and Enfield. We would need to coordinate something to make it work. BUt I'm down.

The B-K makes the B-12 look like a slug (yes hard to imagine) SOooo I may just bring the Fizzy out for a spin then. The Dual sport tires keep you in check for when you hit the 120mph wall the tires are rated for they let you know to back off... Still accelerates like a bat out of heck with the new gearing, total blast. PLus the Dual tread makes the Fizzy grip very very well on dirt and loose gravel. Quite an unexpected nice all purpose bike.

Keep in touch Lurch, you got my info!
            Last edited by Jedz123; 04-23-2015, 07:53 PM.
            Jedz Moto
            1980 Suzuki GS1000G
            1988 Honda GL1500-6
            2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
            2020 Honda Monkey Z125
            2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
            Originally posted by Hayabuser
            Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Great shots Charlie.
              Rob
              1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
              Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

...and nice bike!
                GS1000G '81

Comment

Made a flimsy excuse of running some errands, and bringing back a pizza... got out for a couple hours.

Meet Ben "huntb" (who lives here in town) for the first time. Just chatted briefly, he was busy and I need to get the pizza home.

late afternoon sun at low angle.

I am thinking that 55 degrees F is just the right temperature for a good ride.

Last edited by Redman; 04-25-2015, 09:10 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                  GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Redman...your sure looks good!
                    sigpic
                    83 GS1100g
                    2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Never got warm today but an excuse to take the ADV out for an adventure. Lot's of dirt roads freshly graded making for loose traction and the slick slimy spots with the recent spring thaw kept my attention. Thumbs up for the Wee Strom. Even the paved back roads with lots of bumps and frost heaves got absorbed by it's suspension instead of punishing my back and kidneys!!

And the view from the cockpit. Down at the bottom of this long draw was a town cop laying in wait. Fortunately I was slowing for the view and under 50 mph so I just got a wave as I passed.

Last edited by Guest; 04-26-2015, 01:25 PM.

Comment

i think it got up as high as 40*F yesterday and the most recent snow is pretty much gone. so our little motley crew of old guy on a UJM(me) , punk kid on a rocket and married guy with kids on a harley went out for a ride and a beer. (they were both about to take a nap until i showed up on the scoot)

later on we went to a veterans benefit thing with some bands and food. got home around 1 am. BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
                        82 gs1100L probably the next project
                        1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
                        https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
                        1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

@Redman
                          That machine deserves more a mile...
                          just tell her you off to buy some cigars...
                          Last edited by Lorenzo; 04-26-2015, 03:27 PM.
                          GS1000G '81

Comment

Hayabuser, that Martini is stunning....!
                            GS1000G '81

Comment

Beautiful day today, barely any wind and nice clear skies.

Found an old military site today

And just exploring on 2 wheels.

Comment

Took the Euro Skunk out for her maiden voyage today.Was nice earlier in the day but had a few tweaks to do before I felt good to go.By that time it decided to have a shower.Bike ran GREAT!

Comment

Working...
                                X