anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
    Took the Ole' GSF out for 100 miles today. Stretched it's legs (Forgot how fast it was for being 17 years old). Got it inspected and went for a nice cruise. I however am thinking of selling it for I don't ride it nearly as much as I'd like. But good day for it anyway.
    Didn't you JUST get that back?

Comment

Originally posted by 78550GS View Post
      Didn't you JUST get that back?
      Yes I did... I just don't ride it nearly as much as I'd like and I got it out yesterday and with it not being ran in a couple weeks the carbs seemed a bit gummy... I 'll keep it, I had a great 100 mile ride with it. We will see, it's only honest thinking...
      Last edited by Jedz123; 04-30-2015, 01:10 PM.
      Jedz Moto
      1980 Suzuki GS1000G
      1988 Honda GL1500-6
      2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
      2020 Honda Monkey Z125
      2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
      Originally posted by Hayabuser
      Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
        Yes I did... I just don't ride it nearly as much as I'd like and I got it out yesterday and with it not being ran in a couple weeks the carbs seemed a bit gummy... I 'll keep it, I had a great 100 mile ride with it. We will see, it's only honest thinking...
        You'll be sorry,again!

Comment

No pics to share but I rode the Skunk to work today. Then headed over to the storage unit and rolled the 73 Yamaha TX 750 out and rode home. Gonna ride the TX to work in the AM.
          MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
          1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by SVSooke View Post
            You'll be sorry,again!
            LOL Yeah, I just reinstalled the buck-horn bars... What a comfy bike. I did another 100 on my way into work. Probably take it out again tomorrow.

I'm not going to sell it... but I have thought about slimming down the heard.
            Jedz Moto
            1980 Suzuki GS1000G
            1988 Honda GL1500-6
            2020 Honda Monkey Z125
            Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Managed to get enough work done last Saturday that a shake-down cruise was in order. A quick lap up Seymour turned cold in a hurry - nice sunset though.

Sunday was the Lillooet loop; a nice day from Vancouver but heading out clockwise brings you back through the Valley during the busy hours of the weekend...

The lowest snow year Whistler's seen in ages!

Duffey Lake

Seton Lake

Fraser Canyon; I remember driving this canyon as a kid and trying to remember all the tunnels. What will my kids do, what with internet available everywhere...

Comment

This morning started off like some others this week in that I decided to ride the bike to work but looking at the weather report for the day made me decide to remove the outer shell of the jacket and just ride in the mesh portion of it. However, since it was still cool (49* feeling like 44*) I threw a long sleeve shirt on under my short-sleeved work shirt. Feeling really good, I jumped on the bike and started off to meet my buddy for the ride into work but realized it was cooler than I figured. I turned around to put the liner in and then took off again stopping to drop off the lot lease check. While walking up to the office, I realized I was feeling so good because I had forgotten my backpack which holds my work laptop in it. Sending a quick message to my friend who decided to ride ahead of me, I went home to get the backpack and finally made it to work a few minutes behind him

I had already planned to go to our clinic in Richmond Indiana to test a network problem with one of our check-in kiosks. However, when I learned the government van was already in use, I threw my test equipment into the saddlebags and my laptop in the backpack. I don't like riding on the interstate so I set out on US-35 connecting to OH-122 and then to IN-227 arriving at the clinic an hour later. Sadly, I didn't see my first curve until I got on IN-227 but the ride was still very good. After moving the kiosk to a different port thanks to a broken network run (brand new clinic too) and fixing a VoIP issue on the wireless, I headed back to the main hospital.

By the time I got home, I put in 100 miles which is a miracle for me during the work week. I missed a couple of pictures I thought Marvinsc would appreciate but liked the view of this stream - seems like a waterfall is on the far end.

Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Came home from work, today, changed the oil in the Cooley, then went out for a ride....

Visited my mother out at the local reservoir (her ashes are scattered there).

A nice ride and I always enjoy visiting with my mother.
                  1978 GS1000E
                  1980 GS1000S (Wes Cooley Replica)
                  1981 GS1100E
                  1982 GS1100E
                  1982 GS1000SZ
                  1983 GS1100ED
                  1983 GS1100ESD
                  1978 Honda CB750K
                  1981 Honda CB900F

Comment

last 3 or 4 posts.... that's country.
                    2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
                    82 gs1100L probably the next project
                    1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
                    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
                    1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

Originally posted by Jay View Post
                      Managed to get enough work done last Saturday that a shake-down cruise was in order. A quick lap up Seymour turned cold in a hurry - nice sunset though.

Sunday was the Lillooet loop; a nice day from Vancouver but heading out clockwise brings you back through the Valley during the busy hours of the weekend...

The lowest snow year Whistler's seen in ages!

Duffey Lake

Seton Lake

Fraser Canyon; I remember driving this canyon as a kid and trying to remember all the tunnels. What will my kids do, what with internet available everywhere...

Great pictures Jay. I haven't been up Seymour on the bike yet, I'll have to add that one to the list. How long did it take you to do the loop?
                      Rob
                      1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
                      Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Gave Cheyenne a ride to her piano lessons and then to Paul's Special Olympics track meet where he won two second place (wheelchair slalom and 4x100m relay) and a 4th place ribbon (softball throw). Then after I put in some parking lot work on my turns, Charmayne had her first ride of the year as we went for 50 miles as one of her 17th birthday presents.

1981 GS550T - My First

Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die

Comment

That's great cowboy!!

Mark came over for a very nice visit in the garage tonight...Great chat tonight buddy!

No signature

Comment

Cruising on the Bandit! 2 up today over 110 miles.. Buck horns back on!

Did a quick Carb clean today to find a few mixture screws gunked up BAD... Running like a top!

Another ride tomorrow!!!
                            Jedz Moto
                            1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                            1988 Honda GL1500-6
                            2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Thanks Trevor. The only reason Paul got second in both events was due to the other competitors run. Paul pushes his own wheelchair while in the slalom event the other school's competitor uses an electric wheelchair and in the relay the other team had pushers for their competitors. The competitive side of me doesn't think it's quite right but at least they get to compete.

1981 GS550T - My First

Comment

Yesterday I had reason to go to Charlotte., which is 80miles east and a bit south of here.
                                ... well, actually, I made up a reason to goto Charlotte, just for something different of a ride.
                                I seldom go in that direction for a couple reasons, one, it would involve going thru or around Grand Rapids, and two, is pretty much flat farm land over that way.
                                But I could go thru a town I lived in when was in 8-9-10 grade (Nashville) and past school I went to (Maple Valley).

So that was my objective, go thru Nashville, see where I lived (46 years ago) and get to Charlotte, without going on interstate and avoid GR urban area..
                                And told myself that I was going for a longer ride, and wasn't stopping for pictures, or sight seeing.

Started out at about 8 am, 42 degF, and stopped for breakfast (Chorizo con heuvious) about 10 miles away. Was considering heading back home to get heavier gloves and put liner back in riding pants. But didn't.

About an hour later was looking for place to stop to take liner out of jacket.
                                Stop at a gas station ? Naw.
                                Look for interesting road to explore. (some where near Hastings, I think)
                                Look for paved road that looks like it follows the natural contour of the land. Headed down that.
                                Stopped by a little creek, pond. Quite, no traffic, no one around. Stood there for a while, just looking around. Found myself with camera out ..... cant help myself, I quess.

Put camera away. Stood around for a while longer. Start to notice more birds, and then a muskrat swimming across the pond.

Eventaully got back on bike and continued on .

Stopped again for lighter gloves.

Found old house, looked around the town to see what I remembered and what was different.
                                Made it to Charlotte (maybe another story about that, later).

Headed back thru more and more farm land.

Got back home after about 7 hours, and 220 miles.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                                GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Working...
                                X