X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Charlie G View Post
    That's about what I get on my 1100g.
    Me three…82 1100 gee.
    "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
    1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
    1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
    1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Originally posted by Carter Turk View Post
      You must have been touring then, with one blast to 90. That's big mpg for an 1100 isn't it?
      Yes I was, traffic couldn't seem to get past 50 for some reason, and Kings Valley only had 5 cars in 29 miles, which go by real fast at that speed.

No, that is about average, I get better with my 80, 1100L, almost 50.

V
      Gustov
      80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
      81 GS 1000 G
      79 GS 850 G
      81 GS 850 L
      83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
      80 GS 550 L
      86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
      2002 Honda 919
      2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

Originally posted by gustovh View Post
        Yes I was, traffic couldn't seem to get past 50 for some reason, and Kings Valley only had 5 cars in 29 miles, which go by real fast at that speed.

No, that is about average, I get better with my 80, 1100L, almost 50.

V
        220 miles on 4.9 gal is better than 50 Vince..more like 54mpg. I could never get that kind of mileage..never! Might have something to do with my right wrist. lol..
        And why do you guys worry about gas mileage anyway?? With the price of gas there I would be brushing my teeth with it.
        No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
          220 miles on 4.9 gal is better than 50 Vince..more like 54mpg. I could never get that kind of mileage..never! Might have something to do with my right wrist. lol..
          And why do you guys worry about gas mileage anyway?? With the price of gas there I would be brushing my teeth with it.
          Trevor,

You need to do the non-metric conversion, his gas was was purchased with fortified US dollars, in US Gallons. All that considered it comes out to be 44.897959 US Miles to the Gallon

sigpic
          83 GS1100g
          2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Right Charlie, but as for my 1100G, I average 45-46 US gal per US miles.
            Maybe just one drag race up a slope to 60 mph per ride.
            The best mileage I got was from my 93 Kawasaki EX500, like 52-58 US gal per US miles.
            Last edited by Buffalo Bill; 05-10-2015, 01:04 PM.
            "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
            1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
            1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
            1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie G View Post
              Trevor,

You need to do the non-metric conversion, his gas was was purchased with fortified US dollars, in US Gallons. All that considered it comes out to be 44.897959 US Miles to the Gallon

Yes Charlie but US gallons are even smaller than Canadian gallons.
              No signature

Comment

I was not using Canadian gallons, so your math still sucks. That said, there were, uhmmm urrrr, spurts above the going speed when the occasion allowed, but all in all it was a slow day.

V
                Gustov
                80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
                81 GS 1000 G
                79 GS 850 G
                81 GS 850 L
                83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
                80 GS 550 L
                86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
                2002 Honda 919
                2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

44.89 mpg on US gallons vs 50 mpg on Canadian gallons because their bigger. Oh, that makes sense You should have explained it that way to begin with...
                  sigpic
                  83 GS1100g
                  2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Went for a spin, around Abruzzo's National Park, stomping ground of the Marsican bear...... Nice winding roads, cute villages hefty cuisine.

The village of Scanno's lake and the Marsican mountains.

Scanno is called the "city of photographers"
                    Any wonder?

GS1000G '81

Comment

Started off to take the wife to German Village in Columbus for Mother's Day lunch only to find out the restaurant would have closed before we got there (me on the bike and her/kids in the car) so we just rode/drove for a bit (80 miles). Unfortunately, the bike died on the way home with a fully discharged battery. I ended up shutting off my headlight, getting a jump, and made it the 20 miles home to the garage. I think the new connector I had to put on my stator wires yesterday isn't connecting properly despite it closing up as I wasn't getting past 11.9v on the meter at 4K RPM. I know the stator is still good (looked fantastic yesterday) and I'm sure the R/R is too so I'll do some testing tomorrow night and may just go back to bullet connectors on that section.
                      Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                      1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                      2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                      Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                      and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

My wife and I rode down to Wheelies today to check out the swapmeet. Enjoyed lunch and a coffee but the vendors were few and far between. Plus they all started packing up at 1:30 or so so I guess it was a bust for them.

Some neat bikes on the street, including a carboned-up Suzuki TL1000S that I forgot to take a picture of.... duh.

We took a leisurely ride out to Jordan River afterwards where it was barely 10 degrees and felt like it could snow at any minute.

Quickly ripped back into town where a random sign said it was 21 degrees.... what a difference a few miles makes!
                        2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
                        2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

From Wheelies today too...
                          My buddy Bevan on one of his cool BMW's

No signature

Comment

More....

My 1100 is running well...thanks AZR!

Kevin...motorcycle nut from here and his beautiful 82 1100

No signature

Comment

Dave, I love your GS!!!! It's so Unique. Did you get new rubber on it recently??? Looks Great buddy!!!

Both you guys (dave and trevor) You have quite the thriving motorcycle scene there. I get excited if I can rally a few guys in our old UJM's to go for a ride. Won't lie though guys You have some of the nicest bikes there (IMO)

I did take the BK to work. 3K miles on it so far this season, Front tire was toast last week the rear is now on it's way out the door. Mich Pro pilot 3's suck on torquey liter bikes (this case big liter)... I'll tally up what I got so far but the past week of 80's + no rain = BIG miles.

Ride safe my GSR Brothers!
                              Jedz Moto
                              1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                              1988 Honda GL1500-6
                              2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                              2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                              2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                              Originally posted by Hayabuser
                              Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Went for a little test ride after doing my valve shims and some other stuff. Need to get it insured tomorrow!

Comment

Working...
                                X