No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I took Scruffy, my newest bike, a 83 1100G, for it's first run today. Only 47 miles, but enough to tell me what bugs remain.

[/URL]

[/URL]

[/URL]
    Gustov
    80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
    81 GS 1000 G
    79 GS 850 G
    81 GS 850 L
    83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
    80 GS 550 L
    86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
    2002 Honda 919
    2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
      Yesterday I had reason to go to Charlotte., which is 80miles east and a bit south of here.
      ... well, actually, I made up a reason to goto Charlotte, just for something different of a ride.
      I seldom go in that direction for a couple reasons, one, it would involve going thru or around Grand Rapids, and two, is pretty much flat farm land over that way.
      But I could go thru a town I lived in when was in 8-9-10 grade (Nashville) and past school I went to (Maple Valley).

So that was my objective, go thru Nashville, see where I lived (46 years ago) and get to Charlotte, without going on interstate and avoid GR urban area..
      And told myself that I was going for a longer ride, and wasn't stopping for pictures, or sight seeing.

Started out at about 8 am, 42 degF, and stopped for breakfast (Chorizo con heuvious) about 10 miles away. Was considering heading back home to get heavier gloves and put liner back in riding pants. But didn't.

About an hour later was looking for place to stop to take liner out of jacket.
      Stop at a gas station ? Naw.
      Look for interesting road to explore. (some where near Hastings, I think)
      Look for paved road that looks like it follows the natural contour of the land. Headed down that.
      Stopped by a little creek, pond. Quite, no traffic, no one around. Stood there for a while, just looking around. Found myself with camera out ..... cant help myself, I quess.

Put camera away. Stood around for a while longer. Start to notice more birds, and then a muskrat swimming across the pond.

Eventaully got back on bike and continued on .

Stopped again for lighter gloves.

Found old house, looked around the town to see what I remembered and what was different.
      Made it to Charlotte (maybe another story about that, later).

Headed back thru more and more farm land.

Got back home after about 7 hours, and 220 miles.
      I been waitin' for you to post Redman, because I thought I saw you on your GK riding through New Buffalo, with a pony tail riding behind that was like 1/3rd your age Pops???
      Nah, it was somebody else. Not even sure it was a Suzuki, because I was driving the other way, but it had the full Vetter outfit in red and pinstripes.
      "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
      1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
      1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
      1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Finally got to ride with my buddy and fellow GSR member Jeburkart and a group of us young bucks. Jon took out his recently restored (and built) Kawasaki SR650. Awesome bike, he did a phenomenal job, can't wait to go for a ride with him next week... Oil cooled ride!!! Also had a buddy come with his KTM Duke. Allot of Fun. I rode 2 up with my girl, Just a great day for it!

Jeburkart and my GF looking at Dave's (not in picture) Kawi LTD550. Great shape for a $900 find.

LOL My short, but life long best friend Brian trying to sit on the Duke. His FZ6 is on the Left Dan's Duke on the right.

My girlie with my Army Fizzy!

The Crew!!!! Fun times.
        Jedz Moto
        1980 Suzuki GS1000G
        1988 Honda GL1500-6
        2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
        2020 Honda Monkey Z125
        2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
        Originally posted by Hayabuser
        Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

And Jeburkart's SR650 Restore/ custom build.

Custom Wood indicator light bracket... So clean!

Love it! The chrome bits are awesome. I've never seen a SR (well on the road). Jon has quite the hidden talent.

I'm not sure the true size 721cc I think he said, Hope he chimes in and fills in the year and specs. I'll be heading North Wednesday to go for a late afternoon ride with him.

Great to see Jeburkart's bike on the road and not in his shop for once

It's always fun to hang with him regardless on two wheels or not
          Last edited by Jedz123; 05-03-2015, 08:55 PM.
          Jedz Moto
          1980 Suzuki GS1000G
          1988 Honda GL1500-6
          2020 Honda Monkey Z125
          Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Speaking of bikes hitting the road instead of sitting in the "shop".

Me and a friend rode out to the Patrica Bay Seaplane base,just about as far as you can get from Sooke and still be in the Victoria area.It ran pretty good to but things still needed some torque wench TLC that got done once I was home.
            Last edited by Guest; 05-03-2015, 09:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
              I been waitin' for you to post Redman, because I thought I saw you on your GK riding through New Buffalo, .
              Nope. Havent been that far south on bike since last June.

Thanks for thinking of me.

Dave

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
              GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Met up with a co-worker today to go do the Port Renfrew loop. He had just bought a 2008 gsxr 1000. Cool bike. First time I have ridden with him and it was great. Very compatible ride.
                This is in Renfrew..great little cafe with excellent food. While there a buddy showed up on his orange K1300S and he rode home with us. It was a very quick ride home!

There were a lot of bikes out today...Counted around 60 in a 30 mile range of riding. And lots of spirited riding.

Then I got home and took my wife out for a ride...and stopped for a snack. Great day and even got out on my 81 1100 for a before dinner ride. All together around 360kms (230 miles)...we are having an amazing May so far.

A visitor...

No signature

Comment

Took a ride out tonight to check on last nights clutch work with mixed results. The bike now shifts cleanly, better then it ever has- nice and smooth. That plus the recent carb work, its a totally different bike then last year, for the better.......Still have an annoying tap in the engine at idle, thought it seems to be quieter.
                  sigpic
                  When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                  -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                  -Rusty old scooter.
                  Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                  https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                  https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Took the wife out on a ride just south of Mt Hood

Little Crater Lake is about 42 feet deep and 50 feet wide. It's a short walk off the campground
                    1978 GS 1000 (since new)
                    1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
                    1978 GS 1000 (parts)
                    1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
                    1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
                    1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
                    2007 DRz 400S
                    1999 ATK 490ES
                    1994 DR 350SES

Comment

Originally posted by azr View Post
                      Great pictures Jay. I haven't been up Seymour on the bike yet, I'll have to add that one to the list. How long did it take you to do the loop?
                      Hey azr,

It was a beautiful day; hard to miss, even with the camera phone.

All the local mountains are pretty nice sunset rides. I usually head home along Marine from Horseshoe Bay and often zip around the Stanley Park and UBC peninsulas as well.

I was probably out 8 hours on the loop. I had to make myself stop to snap the photos. Lots of classic cars coming over the Duffey; I think I ran into the tail end of the Spring Thaw tour. It's a great little ride; maybe a long day from Victoria but the ferries would work. And a night up in the interior wouldn't be that bad. That would let you tack on the 8 to Merritt and the 5A down to Princeton before heading home along the 3...

Jay

Comment

Went for a stellar 180 mile ride before having to come into work.
                        Took the FZ1 out and the 84' day here felt like August. Went around lake Champlain and stopped by the old fort ruins at Crown Point. I love the fact I live in the cradle of the USA some really cool things in my neck of the woods.
                        Here's a pic in front of our New bridge! I'm on the NY side.

Here is where the main gate for the fort was Back in the mid 1700's... Built in 1756 by the British and the colonists it was made to defend against a possible french invasion after the French and Indian war of the early 1700's... The Earth works were part of the defense wall of the fort. There would be ditches in front and wood walls around. The original stone barracks are still there. The Fort was victim of a fire that lasted for days, it wasn't very pinnacle in the Revolution other then Ethan Allen and his green mountain boys robbing cannon for defense use in Boston. The fort was never in any major battles unlike the more famous and southern fort, Fort Ticonderoga AKA the Clarion during the French Indian war . Google map the location, it's really cool.

Anyway pics:

Looking out to the lake from the top of the earthworks.'

I got Home to get ready and take the ole' Bandit in... Just a perfect day for it today!!!

Hooray I see green!
                        Jedz Moto
                        1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                        1988 Honda GL1500-6
                        2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

[/URL]

I took Friday off and headed south down the Klamath river, lunch in Eureka,and headed to Clear Lake to visit with my Dad. This shot is at a vista point overlooking the Ele River, north of Garberville.

[/URL]

My Dad and I went on our first ride together. A little over due, seeing how I've been riding since I was 8 and he for 50+ years. It was a good day.

[/URL]

This is taken on a overpass, facing eastward, where hwy 20 meets I-5. You can see flooded rice paddies in the back ground along I-5. Here I headed north for home on Sunday. 740 miles for the weekend and 7000 on the bike since I got it running in August. I'm a lucky man to have it.

As Cliff would say...Thanks for your indulgence.

cg
                          sigpic
                          83 GS1100g
                          2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Well that's just awesome Charlie! Glad you got out for a long overdue ride with your pops! that made my night seeing those pictures!!
                            No signature

Comment

Like those Charlie.
                              "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                              1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                              1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                              1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

This is a little workshop in Bali where they convert any old bike into bobbers, trikes, cafe racers you name. With basic tools and plenty of enthusiasm they chop and weld all day long. But you'd be happy most of the bikes are ex-trial bikes or vintage scooters.
                                while I there they were trying to weld up some frame brackets and they kept tripping the power because of the hard pressed power circuits.

Comment

Working...
                                X