No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After getting the riding game tag on the Suzuki I thought it was a good time to take the "Green Bastard" out for a spin. Took some nice backroads to the Dreamcycle Motorcycle Museum. Outside the owner has this beauty of a 1946 Indian 74cid for sale.

IBA# 12860
    Iron Butt SS1000 & BB1500
    1984 KZ1100R
    2008 Kawasaki KLR650
    2011 Concours 1400

Comment

i almost bought one of those Kaw 1100r's, for my fist bike. lucky i got GS500 instead or i might be dead!

Comment

Put twenty miles in before attending a class at the Woodcraft store here this morning. Bike's now in my garage to change the oil and clean/wax the chain before Thursday's ride to Bedford
        Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
        1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
        2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
        Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
        and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by eddie21 View Post
          After getting the riding game tag on the Suzuki I thought it was a good time to take the "Green Bastard" out for a spin. Took some nice backroads to the Dreamcycle Motorcycle Museum. Outside the owner has this beauty of a 1946 Indian 74cid for sale.

That's a beautiful Indian. Always wanted one of those.
          1985 GSX750SF (BOTM March 2015)
          1986 GSX750SG (parts bike/project?)

Comment

My first time in here. Went for a run to Matlock Bath this afternoon, it's a popular venue for bikers (and tourists) at the weekend and it was very busy today. On the way back through some country lanes I made a couple of stops for photos...

and a bit further on...

and with few locals looking on...

The continuing renovation of a GS850L

Comment

Went for a run out with bike club to Keswick and north lakes. Good day out and covered around 200 miles, aching today as it was very windy.
              Greystoke Castle gates, Tarzan not at home, .
              My bikes 79 GS1000 1085 checked and approved by stator the GSR mascot and 77 GS750 with 850 top end, GS850g, and my eldest sons 78 GS550, youngest sons GS125. Project bike 79 GS1000N

Comment

Another picture on way back home. Looking towards Solway firth and North lakes. Yes mate that's a GS !
                My bikes 79 GS1000 1085 checked and approved by stator the GSR mascot and 77 GS750 with 850 top end, GS850g, and my eldest sons 78 GS550, youngest sons GS125. Project bike 79 GS1000N

Comment

[QUOTE=Cyrano;2191878]My first time in here. Went for a run to Matlock Bath this afternoon, it's a popular venue for bikers (and tourists) at the weekend and it was very busy today. On the way back through some country lanes I made a couple of stops for photos...

Originally posted by uk gs nut View Post
                  Went for a run out with bike club to Keswick and north lakes. Good day out and covered around 200 miles, aching today as it was very windy.
                  Greystoke Castle gates, Tarzan not at home, .
                  What beautiful day in England. Nice to see some pictures of GSes from all of you. I'll be over there the end of next month. So be fore warned. Thanks.

cg
                  sigpic
                  83 GS1100g
                  2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Dusted off the old GS650E, checked lights, tires and brakes and she fired right up. Figured I'd see how it did on the dirt and gravel roads to keep up with the vStrom. Maybe a set of Shinko 804 tires and it would make a decent off the beaten path bike. The rear suspension is updated with a pair of Progressive shocks and the front forks were taken apart and spruced up. It handled it fine, but...still feels archaic compared to the DL650.

Last edited by Guest; 06-08-2015, 06:14 PM.

Comment

Bummer, seems like only fat old guys ride a GS…
                      "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                      1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                      1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                      1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Esteem motorcyclist gents, and of course Lady's please �� I am 11 1/2 stone or 75 kilo.

Comment

Originally posted by uk gs nut View Post
                          Esteem motorcyclist gents, and of course Lady's please �� I am 11 1/2 stone or 75 kilo.
                          I weigh the same as you and ride k's of miles on the old GSes, so ignore the fat man behind the keyboard....but the modern bikes are better and cause you to live longer and healthier lives according to recent studies...done by me!

Comment

Originally posted by eddie21 View Post

I sure do like the green KZ! that thing looks like a beast.

Comment

New Buffalo Michigan, 7:00 PM
                              Corn is growin' good, with the help of all the rain we been gettin'.

"Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                              1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                              1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                              1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
                                New Buffalo Michigan, 7:00 PM
                                Corn is growin' good, with the help of all the rain we been gettin'.

I see corn.
                                And what is that bike?

May be seeing more corn this weekend. Headed to southern Indiana, so pass thru some corn.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                                GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Working...
                                X