No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's a 1990 GSX750F Katana, been an off and on project for the last 5 years: to prepare it for a couple track days.
    Looks like maybe I'll do a track day July 5th.
    "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
    1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
    1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
    1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

took the old boy out for a spin around the coast of Devon, Uk the other day, lovely ride out....

1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

The "old boy" still looks great.
        Now for some pics at high tide.
        2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

I met my old buddy last night and we went to Bike Night at Austin Beer Garden. I was on my ZRX and he was on his properly Cafe'd '72 CB350. I can't believe I didn't take any pictures!

There was a pretty good mix of vintage and modern bikes. There was this really nice clean example of an XS650! It was pretty. There was also a nice little 75' CB400.

I met a couple guys that were into all the old Mad Max style bikes like myself. The movie that made me fall in love with the sport bikes of the time. I was just a little kid when that movie came out.

One of them had a 99' ZRX1100 so we did a little comparison side by side. We had some good conversation

Bike Night is every Tuesday so I'll try to get pics next time!
          Last edited by Guest; 06-10-2015, 10:37 AM.

Comment

Went to burn some extra fuel tonight to check the gas mileage after changing the tank Sunday - back up to 49 mpg finally. Packed and ready to leave for BC tomorrow
            Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
            1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
            2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
            Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
            and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by Agemax View Post
              took the old boy out for a spin around the coast of Devon, Uk the other day, lovely ride out...
              Well I been away for a while, I thought your bike was just a living room craft project?
              Looking good now!
              "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)

Comment

Originally posted by Agemax View Post
                took the old boy out for a spin around the coast of Devon, Uk the other day, lovely ride out....

You know, I never thought white was a good color for a bike but after seeing yours and another recent GS450 makeover here on the forum I like the contrast and how it makes the bike stand out. Just that it gets dirty quickly and I only wash my bikes once a year. I guess it would make me clean the bikes more often. My GS650E is ready for a makeover so maybe???

Comment

242 miles today, Maple valley, WA to The Dalles, OR on the way to the PNW Rally. Took a few pics, can't upload until I get back... First real road trip since my return to riding after a long absence. Was a bit apprehensive, but did OK. Only one close call, I saw it coming early and avoided trouble.
                  sigpic
                  09 Kaw C14 Rocket powered Barcalounger
                  1983 GS1100e
                  82\83 1100e Frankenbike
                  1980 GS1260
                  Previous 65 Suzuki 80 Scrambler, 76 KZ900, 02 GSF1200S, 81 GS1100e, 80 GS850G

Comment

Ever wonder what a GR650 can do completely wrung out? Well Here it is:

Don't want to ruin it but it's not very impressive FYI:

Had to get back on the B-12 to snap back to reality and be reminded what fast was...

Some Pics from the evening after getting back from my ride!

Momma BK looking out for the little ones... LOL

Great day after I got out of work! Pack tomorrow and ready for my 2200 mile road trip via the BK starting Saturday!!! Very excited!!!
                    Last edited by Jedz123; 06-12-2015, 12:42 AM.
                    Jedz Moto
                    1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                    1988 Honda GL1500-6
                    2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                    2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                    2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                    Originally posted by Hayabuser
                    Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Friday is my day off, so after doing chores around house I took old red my GS750 for a blast. The weather is great at the moment so I went to Hadrian's wall country in Northumberland. This will be my last ride before flying to Calgary on sunday
                      My bikes 79 GS1000 1085 checked and approved by stator the GSR mascot and 77 GS750 with 850 top end, GS850g, and my eldest sons 78 GS550, youngest sons GS125. Project bike 79 GS1000N

Comment

Never used the 750 for a while as I have been using the 1000, another pic
                        My bikes 79 GS1000 1085 checked and approved by stator the GSR mascot and 77 GS750 with 850 top end, GS850g, and my eldest sons 78 GS550, youngest sons GS125. Project bike 79 GS1000N

Comment

Originally posted by uk gs nut View Post
                          Friday is my day off, so after doing chores around house I took old red my GS750 for a blast. The weather is great at the moment so I went to Hadrian's wall country in Northumberland. This will be my last ride before flying to Calgary on sunday
                          Are you on the wrong side of the road over there? I'll have a son moving over there and my wife is already trying to get me to fly over there. Looks like nice country for riding, but I would have to get used to being on the "wrong" side of the road and kill myself on a right hand turn.

Comment

Yes we drive on the left side of the road, just like our Australian cousins. Here is another pic parked on the right, sorry correct side of the road

Comment

Originally posted by uk gs nut View Post
                              Gorgeous glacial terrain, and bike too!
                              So you rode down there and gave those Roman bastards a hard time huh?

Comment

You could say that... 28 hours later:

Vermont to Tennessee... (including back tracking for my buddy lost his Debit card...)
                                Almost all Interstate... I-81 near the tail end of the VA stretch was nice.
                                Deals Gap and Blue ridge today!!!

Love riding this GSX!
                                Jedz Moto
                                1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                                1988 Honda GL1500-6
                                2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                                2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                                2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                                Originally posted by Hayabuser
                                Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Working...
                                X