No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just to prove that we do have various animals here in Australia that will kill, some one got actual video footage of a drop bear.
    Last edited by Guest; 06-15-2015, 11:14 AM.

Comment

My lad has a couple of days off work so we went for a ride, me on the L and him on his GS500.

Top of the world, Ma. Top of the world!

It's the infamous Cat and Fiddle Inn in the Peak District. This is where god rides his bike.

Quite a few bikers out today and was taken by surprise when old guy rolled in on a CanAm Spyder.
      It was a bit chilly up there, but enjoyed a nice pint of Robinsons Wizard with a cigar while taking in the views before heading home.

A great afternoon.
      The continuing renovation of a GS850L

Comment

Originally posted by Cyrano View Post
        My lad has a couple of days off work so we went for a ride, me on the L and him on his GS500.

Top of the world, Ma. Top of the world!

It's the infamous Cat and Fiddle Inn in the Peak District. This is where god rides his bike.

Quite a few bikers out today and was taken by surprise when old guy rolled in on a CanAm Spyder.
        It was a bit chilly up there, but enjoyed a nice pint of Robinsons Wizard with a cigar while taking in the views before heading home.

A great afternoon.
        Gorgeous landscape, looks like tundra to me. Love the GS500, almost bought one like that as my 1st, but it was gone already. Got a faster EX500 instead.
        "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
        1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
        1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
        1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Originally posted by sinkankan View Post
          Just to prove that we do have various animals here in Australia that will kill, some one got actual video footage of a drop bear.
          http://www.buzzfeed.com/cconnelly/10...655848_1761957
          ...and we have flying monkeys that pull unsuspecting riders right off their bikes on the wooded roads of NH.

Comment

Had some pretty strong rains this week and today was no exception. It finally stopped about 2pm today and after getting groceries I decided to use the bike to run out for the last couple of items. I kept it easy as there was a lot of garbage on the roads but I rode by the Great Miami River where I took this:

For comparison, this is what it looked like last July (I was on the opposite side of the tree today).

The river is so high that step is not even close to being visible anymore. Sadly the rains aren't quite done for a few more days from the last forecast I saw.
            Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
            1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
            2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
            Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
            and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by lurch12_2000 View Post
              ...and we have flying monkeys that pull unsuspecting riders right off their bikes on the wooded roads of NH.
              Wasn't that where Blair Witch was filmed?

Comment

A lotta rain this year. Seems to come on the weekends when I wanna ride too.
                "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
                  A lotta rain this year. Seems to come on the weekends when I wanna ride too.
                  You guys must be getting our rain.It has rained here alright but it doesn't seem like a normal amount.Been great for riding

Comment

Originally posted by SVSooke View Post
                    You guys must be getting our rain.It has rained here alright but it doesn't seem like a normal amount.Been great for riding
                    It's only rained here 3 days since April.
                    No signature

Comment

Seems like more than that but not much.Way less than normal for sure!

Comment

Made an early Father's Day ride this morning. I made a quick stop for proof

sigpic
                        1981 Suzuki GS750E (one owner), 1982 Suzuki GS750T (my "tinker" toy), Previous (First) Bike: 1979 GS425 (long gone)
                        2002 Suzuki Bandit 1200S (new to me in 11/2011)

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                          It's only rained here 3 days since April.
                          "Well aren't you special" said in my best Church Lady voice...
                          My Motorcycles:
                          22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                          22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                          82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                          81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                          79 1000e (all original)
                          82 850g (all original)
                          80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Originally posted by 81ZUKI75 View Post
                            Made an early Father's Day ride this morning. I made a quick stop for proof

I like 80 Proof myself.
                            That looks like a Rifle fairing, very nice!

Comment

VERY nice pic!
                              Where in TN was it taken?
                              Common sense has become so uncommon that I consider it a super power.

Present Stable includes:
                              '74 GT750 Resto-mod I've owned since '79
                              '83 GS1100E (The best E I've ever enjoyed, Joe Nardy's former bike)
                              '82 GS1100G Resto project

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
                                ... That looks like a Rifle fairing, very nice!
                                Shoei FM-5...picked it up as NOS a few years ago off of eBay. It's hard to find fairings for rectangular headlights.

Originally posted by willie View Post
                                ...Where in TN was it taken?
                                iPhone pic with good morning light and just the right distance away so you can't see the warts.

Oakland, TN. Their "old town" is about a half block long and a block south of US64.
                                sigpic
                                1981 Suzuki GS750E (one owner), 1982 Suzuki GS750T (my "tinker" toy), Previous (First) Bike: 1979 GS425 (long gone)
                                2002 Suzuki Bandit 1200S (new to me in 11/2011)

Comment

Working...
                                X