anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by B.C.G.S. View Post
    DO THE TURBO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! just for the wtf factor alone , it would be awesome.
    My thoughts... Exactly. LOL
    I might get 35hp out of it but who cares, this little bike is the $hit! Suzuki built the chassis right with this one!
    Last edited by Jedz123; 10-24-2016, 06:15 PM.
    Jedz Moto
    1980 Suzuki GS1000G
    1988 Honda GL1500-6
    2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
    2020 Honda Monkey Z125
    2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
    Originally posted by Hayabuser
    Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

I think it's a different mindset modding a small bike. Modding an already high power machine, one might be able to access the newly added power for very brief time periods. On a small bike the mods can likely be fully enjoyed regularly, and at a relatively legal speed.. well closer to legal anyway.....
      sigpic
      When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
      -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
      -Rusty old scooter.
      Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
      https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Jedz, you could make this thing rip!

Roger

Current rides
        1983 GS 850G
        2003 FJR 1300A
        Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

I hear ya on the little bikes, Jedz! I picked up a 1981 Honda CX500c for the wife to ride. After riding my 1100 for two seasons, getting on the 500 for the first time, I was having a BLAST on it! I can imagine a new 250 like that!

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
            I think it's a different mindset modding a small bike. Modding an already high power machine, one might be able to access the newly added power for very brief time periods. On a small bike the mods can likely be fully enjoyed regularly, and at a relatively legal speed.. well closer to legal anyway.....
            My main reason to increase some gumption is to gain some mid turn stride! The bike is just a tad under-powered for a 250. With the work I've done I turned the lump in to a screamer! In the TU250 Riders forum I'm inspiring others for I'm bringing so much knowledge to a very bleak and unknown field. It's just a fun time, wrenching and riding it is just an absolute blast, and it looks so good!!!
            But your right Glen the bike is just way more "fun" for even chasing it hard I'm not going too fast. Besides, going 70mph on a dirt road, or pacing your buddies on their 600's in the twisities or riding into a field the bike is just a riot and is so fun... It's weird for I've always been drawn to big fire power but this little pea shooter is probably the most uniquely fun bike I've ridden in a long time.

Originally posted by gordinho80 View Post
            I hear ya on the little bikes, Jedz! I picked up a 1981 Honda CX500c for the wife to ride. After riding my 1100 for two seasons, getting on the 500 for the first time, I was having a BLAST on it! I can imagine a new 250 like that!
            I ride the Connie everyday for about 50 miles a day. When the weekend comes around and I hop on the TUX it feels like a bicycle in between my legs that will do 80mph+. Brake sliding to stops and then burning out and then popping wheelies just makes me (and others) smile. Riding a little bike is so much fun. Definitely was a good buy with this little one!
            Last edited by Jedz123; 10-25-2016, 07:26 AM.
            Jedz Moto
            1980 Suzuki GS1000G
            1988 Honda GL1500-6
            2020 Honda Monkey Z125
            Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

You would LOVE my bud's DRZ-SM . Modded w/ an FCR carb, 3x3 airbox mod, header and lowered gearing. I've ridden it and wondered how long my license would last if it were mine. LOL

Comment

Got 103 laps at Thunderhill West this weekend with Keigwins trackdays.
                Wow, what a cool tight technical track. So smooth, unbelieveable grip.
                2nd, 3rd, occasional 4th gear, with elevation changes, banked corners, super tight hairpins and blind apex's.
                Top speed was barely 100, maybe tad more for more modern bikes on a few corners.
                Took a good 2.5 sessions to understand the track, the slow tight corners were super challenging and tough to get right.
                Temps in the high 70's after non stop rain all through Washington and Oregon.

Bike ran well, though I think it digested another starter clutch, and burned some oil.
                I would have got more laps, but my driver wanted to pack it in early. Missed two sessions and 14 laps...ugh!
                GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

Originally posted by Carter Turk View Post
                  Got 103 laps at Thunderhill West this weekend with Keigwins trackdays.
                  Wow, what a cool tight technical track. So smooth, unbelieveable grip.
                  2nd, 3rd, occasional 4th gear, with elevation changes, banked corners, super tight hairpins and blind apex's.
                  Top speed was barely 100, maybe tad more for more modern bikes on a few corners.
                  Took a good 2.5 sessions to understand the track, the slow tight corners were super challenging and tough to get right.
                  Temps in the high 70's after non stop rain all through Washington and Oregon.

Bike ran well, though I think it digested another starter clutch, and burned some oil.
                  I would have got more laps, but my driver wanted to pack it in early. Missed two sessions and 14 laps...ugh!
                  Your talking about Willows aren't you? I had no idea they had a track there. I need to find out this stuff....
                  sigpic
                  83 GS1100g
                  2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Yeah Charlie, that would be a short jaunt from your neck of the woods.
                    Took the cover off tonight, looks like the starter clutch shot 2 pins and springs through the outer casing of the starter clutch.
                    The three bolts look intact, but one of the rollers looks pretty mangled. I bumped started the bike after the 2nd session on the first day till the end.
                    GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

Originally posted by Carter Turk View Post
                      Yeah Charlie, that would be a short jaunt from your neck of the woods.
                      Took the cover off tonight, looks like the starter clutch shot 2 pins and springs through the outer casing of the starter clutch.
                      The three bolts look intact, but one of the rollers looks pretty mangled. I bumped started the bike after the 2nd session on the first day till the end.
                      That sounds like a pain in the butt....
                      sigpic
                      83 GS1100g
                      2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Sounds like a great weekend but 103 laps?
                        Never mind the bike being hurt....how's the legs?
                        2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
                          how's the legs?
                          The lower thighs are definitely sore.
                          I think an older heavier bike takes a bit more effort per lap, also the leathers might be to blame.

Comment

rphillips invited me to join him for a ride today. First time we've met. Really enjoyed the ride and his company. Seems like he's up for a ride most anytime because he's retired. A fact that he's happy to rub in at every opportunity .

We met near his place in Noreen (just a few miles from my place) and he lead a 100 mile ride through some hilly, curvy, scenic local roads. Most of the roads were new to me and I'm just amazed and what wonderful riding and scenery is available right here in our back yard. Wish I'd captured the route because now I'm looking at the map and can't remember where we went. Also wish I'd captured pictures of some of the roads and scenery we blasted past.

Here's the sweet 82 Honda rphillips brought to the party

And here's my new 09 Tiger 1050. Loving this bike and it LOVES the local roads

Here they are together at a stop we made in Gassaway TN. Store says it's open from 6:30am to 6:30pm but looks like it hasn't opened at all for a long time

Hope we get to go out and ride together again soon. Loving living in middle TN and thanks rphillips for realizing we live near each other and for inviting me out.
                            Current: 2014 BMW R1200GS, 2009 Triumph Tiger 1050, 1996 DR350SE
                            Previous: 2022 GSX-S1000GT+, 2007 GSF1250SA Bandit, 2008 DL1000 V-Strom, 1977 GS750B

Comment

Connie today:
                              Jedz Moto
                              1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                              1988 Honda GL1500-6
                              2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

What was that? 120? 130? Looks like fun
                                Current: 2014 BMW R1200GS, 2009 Triumph Tiger 1050, 1996 DR350SE
                                Previous: 2022 GSX-S1000GT+, 2007 GSF1250SA Bandit, 2008 DL1000 V-Strom, 1977 GS750B

Comment

Working...
                                X