anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dogma View Post
    It's way down here. It sorta funny to me that when I ask Google for directions from one end to the other, it tells me to go around. I had to select the road itself as an alternate route.
    Now that is downright hilarious. Where you took that road, I came west on 92 out of Stearns then turned north into Monticello over the 4th of July weekend. I'll have to head back down there now (besides, I liked 92)
    Last edited by cowboyup3371; 08-10-2015, 10:43 PM.
    Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
    1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
    2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
    Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
    and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Had coffee with Rob downtown today. His G looks awesome!

No signature

Comment

Finally got out for a nice ride this last weekend. We rode up to Cloudcroft and on over to Sunspot. During our ride through the White Sands Missile range, I notice I kept loosing speed. Bike was running great no missing or nothing. I then took my hand off the throttle grip and noticed it had separated into. It was a two piece grip from the looks of it. Anyways, pulled the outside part off and was trying grip the inner piece, wasn't working too good. Got into Alamogordo and stopped at the Yamaha dealer. Found some sport grips, installed them and we went on about our merry way. Gonna have to replace those as well, they aren't thick enough for my hands. Was a nice ride all in all, heat wasn't an issue either. Forest was nice and green from all the rain. 100_1403.jpg
        sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
        1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
        2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

I'd like to see more of NM.
          "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
          1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
          1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
          1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
            I'd like to see more of NM.
            Well, get down here and ride! Sept, Oct and Nov are probably the best riding months here. I know the roads you would enjoy as well.
            sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
            1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
            2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Go out once or twice a week to a giant parking lot to keep my sharp turn, swerve, quick stop and slow speed maneuvering sharp. Keep the bike loaded helps train in any circumstance. Grinding Pegs of course but working on throttle control though the turns, it's allot of fun. I get this 700lbs bird right over...

Brought the camera with me today...

Jedz Moto
              1980 Suzuki GS1000G
              1988 Honda GL1500-6
              2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
              2020 Honda Monkey Z125
              2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
              Originally posted by Hayabuser
              Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
                Go out once or twice a week to a giant parking lot to keep my sharp turn, swerve, quick stop and slow speed maneuvering sharp. Keep the bike loaded helps train in any circumstance. Grinding Pegs of course but working on throttle control though the turns, it's allot of fun. I get this 700lbs bird right over...

Brought the camera with me today...

As always Jedz, cool pics!
                No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                  As always Jedz, cool pics!
                  Thanks Trev! You just reminded me...

Hooligan shot!

Perfect day for it!
                  Jedz Moto
                  1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                  1988 Honda GL1500-6
                  2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                  Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Took a late night ride to one of my quiet spots of contemplation, and well......contemplated. ... While there, 2 Screech Owls could be heard in the nearby trees. Very cool to hear. A short but nice little jaunt...
                    sigpic
                    When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                    -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                    -Rusty old scooter.
                    Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                    https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                    https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
                      Took a late night ride to one of my quiet spots of contemplation, and well......contemplated. ... While there, 2 Screech Owls could be heard in the nearby trees. Very cool to hear. A short but nice little jaunt...
                      i had an owl go just over my head while riding the other night. thought it was gonna hit me and ducked just in case. i really wasn't expecting to see a bird at night...
                      2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
                      82 gs1100L probably the next project
                      1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
                      https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
                      1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

Night riding would be the best if there was no wildlife darting out at you... I went rhe long way home last night 30ish miles.
                        Jedz Moto
                        1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                        1988 Honda GL1500-6
                        2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Postcards from Berrien County, MI

Some of my usual stops on rides around Berrien County Michigan.
                          Berrien Springs dam.

St. Joseph River, Buchanan Michigan

Buchanan Michigan

Last edited by Buffalo Bill; 08-16-2015, 01:11 PM.
                          "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)

Comment

Interesting, I recently read a 10 lb Parrot rifle was used at Fort Abercrombie (on the Red River of the North) during the Dakota uprising in 1862....thinking "that's a pretty big rifle" but you've found the BIG one!
                            -Mal

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." - B. Banzai

78 GS750E

Comment

Originally posted by allojohn View Post
                              Interesting, I recently read a 10 lb Parrot rifle was used at Fort Abercrombie (on the Red River of the North) during the Dakota uprising in 1862....thinking "that's a pretty big rifle" but you've found the BIG one!
                              That plaque was only added 3 years ago, very interesting info, and I'm glad somebody payed to do that.
                              I thought this gun was a moster infantry piece dragged around by horses, but no it's a naval gun.

Comment

I hear there are some Gorgeous roads out there in MI... Might need to make that a stop on my ride out to the Brown County Rally next year!
                                Jedz Moto
                                1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                                1988 Honda GL1500-6
                                2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Working...
                                X