No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's a goal on mine to ride to your area and find some relic's of mine in a graveyard in Southern Michigan. Nice pictures!
    sigpic
    83 GS1100g
    2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
      Some of my usual stops on rides around Berrien County Michigan.
      Berrien Springs dam.

I recall that dam (from when I lived in Sodus).

Ah, you do still have the 1100G. Or is that another one?

Dave

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
      GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
        I hear there are some Gorgeous roads out there in MI... Might need to make that a stop on my ride out to the Brown County Rally next year!
        A few, and far between, but can point out some. Will be a bit out of your way, unless you come thru Ontario.
        And you would be missing SE Ohio, which is much much better.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Near 90, and somewhat humid today (*),
          so said I was not stopping for any pictures.

But did.

But didn't wait for it to come out of shell and resume its trek across the road, which would have been a better picture.

* that is, one of the hotter, most uncomfortable days of the year so far.
          I know, I know, sounds like a nice spring day in Texas.

Comment

The younger son wanted to take a scooter ride around the block. I start, shift thru the gears, then he takes over....until its time to stop.....
            sigpic
            When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
            -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
            -Rusty old scooter.
            Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
            https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
            https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

40 mph!!! LOL Glad your having some fun!
              Jedz Moto
              1980 Suzuki GS1000G
              1988 Honda GL1500-6
              2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
              2020 Honda Monkey Z125
              2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
              Originally posted by Hayabuser
              Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

[/URL]

Decide to go on a ride today. I haven't been over to the Salmon river in the last few years as it was on fire the last 2 years. This area is really beautiful but it is in severe drought at the moment. This shot is at about 6000 ft above sea level.

[/URL]

Dropped into the river basin now. Much lower elevation now and hotter.

[/URL]

]

[/URL]

[/URL]

[/URL]

[/URL]

Back at 6k ft. and you can really see the smoke now. The fires ar 50 miles to the south.
                sigpic
                83 GS1100g
                2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie G View Post
                  [/URL]

Decide to go on a ride today. I haven't been over to the Salmon river in the last few years as it was on fire the last 2 years. This area is really beautiful but it is in severe drought at the moment. This shot is at about 6000 ft above sea level.

Bike looks great Charlie.

Comment

Lovely!
                    Just wondering, I'm sure people with weak lungs need to get out of town and far away from all the smoke.
                    "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                    1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                    1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                    1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
                      40 mph!!! LOL Glad your having some fun!
                      40?....the speedometer stopped working after I got the scoot in the low 200 miles range. Its maybe traveled 300 miles in 51 years.... discounting its voyage from the Virgin Islands to the US....
                      We poked around at low speeds... at 40 its not happy...
                      I find it impossible to not smile riding it...
                      sigpic
                      When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                      -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                      -Rusty old scooter.
                      Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                      https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                      https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Rode over to the Bates Motel on the mainland...

... it was closed. I really needed a shower too.... dang.
                        2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
                        2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Went for a little evening ride to get ice-cream for my better half….ended 1000ft out of my driveway..@#%$@$!% never got the ice-cream!
                          19 over in my own town 1 block from my house, I don't make a practice out of speeding especially in my own town right by my house, we all have kids and live in a VERY small town, CRAZY..said he radared me from the stop sign in front of my house and I accelerated to 44mph, I just don't know, I wonder if because he radared me from a dead stop accelerating if the radar gets a bit freaky, there is hardly 500ft from stop sign to stop sign on that street. He followed me until I got out of town before he hit the lights and pulled me over… Then my registration came up as canceled which it isn't so I have to straighten that out, I am assuming computer error...AND my insurance card showed expired, I didn't know I had to print out a new one every year. They just switch the laws here a few years ago for proof of insurance so its a bit new to me, this was the first time I was ever asked for it...It was like a perfect storm of stupidity…..

Comment

Fail Joe... Might be able to contest though if all your paperwork is legit.
                            Jedz Moto
                            1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                            1988 Honda GL1500-6
                            2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                            2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                            2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                            Originally posted by Hayabuser
                            Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Wow, so no problem taking a pic of the cop?
                              I thought that riled them up?
                              "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                              1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                              1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                              1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Met up with a new acquaintance of mine (Bandit) and his buddy (78 KZ) for a ride along the coast line. Was dark and we didn't stop very often, so no real nice shots, but it was a ride nonetheless.

Comment

Working...
                                X