anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sandy View Post
    That's definitely one of my favorites routes. Isn't that a really early opening? Winter ended here quite early too.
    Looks like 3/22 in 2001 the pass opened.
    3/24 in 1992
    GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie G View Post
      That was a great trip when we did hwy 20
      Yeah, that was hot one. I remember it being 104 when came through Republic on our way to Curlew
      GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

Originally posted by Carter Turk View Post
        Went for a 375 mile jaunt today. Rain threatening but only rode through maybe 15 minutes of light drizzle total there and back. If I'm not mistaken, I got 52 mpg on 90 ethanol free on the way there, and 40 on 10%-92 on the way back. Rode a bit harder on the way back. Went over North Cascades Hwy 20 from Bellingham to Winthrop. 188 miles when I filled up 3.6 gallons, hadn't hit reserve yet. Not bad for a 3mm over big bore. Weird when I got back I put 4.6 @187.
        Was nice to get a long ride in, the pass just opened the day before.
        Always love seeing a Kat in the wild

What pipe do you have on that?
        1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
        1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Originally posted by pete View Post
          Always love seeing a Kat in the wild

What pipe do you have on that?
          It's an old Kerker K-2 that has been shortened because the original can kept coming off.
          Had this silly crimp collar on the can that wouldn't stay tight on the mid pipe.
          Actually the can is thin gauge aluminum and the bolt holes holding it would wear through,
          so it keeps getting shorter.

Comment

Who is who there?

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
            GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Yeah, that was hot one. I remember it being 104 when came through Republic on our way to Curlew

Charlie G in the foreground in the red jacket

Black shirted fellow is a friend (?) of Ronnin's

Gustov (Vince) has the yellow shirt on.

I seem to forget the 104 temperature. I know the beer and food tasted good when we got there.
              sigpic
              83 GS1100g
              2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

It's an old Kerker K-2 that has been shortened because the original can kept coming off.
                Had this silly crimp collar on the can that wouldn't stay tight on the mid pipe.
                Actually the can is thin gauge aluminum and the bolt holes holding it would wear through,
                so it keeps getting shorter.
                Haha ok, making good use of what you have, I like that! Kerkers do have a nice sound to them too... While it's a long way away yet I'm contemplating what to do about a pipe for my Kat.

Originally posted by Charlie G View Post
                Charlie G in the foreground in the red jacket

Black shirted fellow is a friend (?) of Ronnin's

Gustov (Vince) has the yellow shirt on.

I seem to forget the 104 temperature. I know the beer and food tasted good when we got there.
                Good to put a face to the name Charlie!
                1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Turned a two hour Dayton to Marion IN ride into 4 hours of fun through Southern Indiana before crossing over I-70 and racing another two hours up to Kokomo IN

Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                  1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                  2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                  Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                  and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
                    Turned a two hour Dayton to Marion IN ride into 4 hours of fun through Southern Indiana before crossing over I-70 and racing another two hours up to Kokomo IN
                    Ah, So you did take the bike for the out-of-town work assignment.
                    Good.

THat 2nd picture doesn't look like a road you would take to get anywhere.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

You'd be right if I knew it was there beforehand but it was a shocker and I didn't know another way around at the moment; plus I didn't want to look at the phone to figure it out. It only lasted about a mile if that and I took it slow since I had the work laptop in the tail bag.
                      Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                      1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                      2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                      Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                      and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Took a short 170 mile ride with my buddy Shawn to Astoria.

Gustov
                        80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
                        81 GS 1000 G
                        79 GS 850 G
                        81 GS 850 L
                        83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
                        80 GS 550 L
                        86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
                        2002 Honda 919
                        2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

Any cords showing on that tire Vince?

Comment

No cords Carter, just about due for another rear tire though.

V
                            Gustov
                            80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
                            81 GS 1000 G
                            79 GS 850 G
                            81 GS 850 L
                            83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
                            80 GS 550 L
                            86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
                            2002 Honda 919
                            2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

Rode out to have breakfast with some friends (non-riders, "isn't it kinda cold for that?").

38-40 degF, suppose to rain later in day, so went for a ride after breakfast.

On way back home I went down by beach were I knew the road had been closed just a couple days ago for construction. THought maybe the road not tore up yet, and maybe I could get in there and not have traffic interfere with getting a picture. That was true, but had other obsticals to deal with.

I thought of having the bike in the road, but that would have been complicated what the view would be like up from where the picture was taken ... ... ... .... and I didn't want to be there for long at all, has been folks ticketed around here for going around "road closed" signs lately.

Oh, THe "obstacle" is not the sand. THat is not an unusual amount of sand for that road. SOmetimes its so deep that cant see the curb (and I have learnt to not go there if its that deep). In fact, that opening there, about where bike is parked, is for the city equipment to have access to the beach so they can scoop the sand out of the road and take back to the beach.

There was more construction equipment further up the road (to the left). And that trench form crib thing (whatever its called) was an obstical relative to how it might block the view once I got up the stairs to the platform (some resort/cottage, hopefully unoccupied) were I took the picture.

Then a few minutes with Paint.Net ..... .....

Ah, should have had bike in the road.
                              Last edited by Redman; 04-30-2016, 04:33 PM.

Comment

The first ride for my revamped GS850G, after two years of bad mechanics and sitting in the back of the shed, the bike had it's maiden run today. A club meeting at Captain Munchies in Fremantle Harbour, a popular greasy spoon for bike and car clubs to meet. There were about 40 bikes of various vintages, from a 1930's Royal Enfield to about five GS Suzuki's. Two sidecar units, one was a GS850 in a bedframe sidecar unit, another as a GS1100K done professionally. And in the background was a GS750 in black livery.
                                One fella had just found a 1960 BMW in a farm shed that was still road registered, the previous owner had lost interest but kept up the rego, and offered it to club member who use to service his car. A couple of new spark plugs and fresh fuel and the bike started second kick. Mice had eaten away the seat, and the brakes are pretty dodgy, but he rode this morning to the Meet and Greet, stuff urban myths are made of.

Comment

Working...
                                X