No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally.... A Suzuki.... Gees, a Yamaha and then a BMW....man I better get out riding more as usual thanks for all the pics everyone.
    Rob
    1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
    Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Oooops, another "Other" bike ride.

I missed the tag from the Riding Game but an abandoned grain elevator in Port Colborne, Ontario.
      The Robin Hood floor elevator has been dormant for about 15 years.
      Coincidentally, a 730 foot laker going by that used to carry grain.

2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
        Well it's been raining here for 3 days now. Last night we got a break after dinner and around 8pm I went out for a quick spin. I have not been on a bike since Sunday, the longest I have gone all summer.
        Fall sure came in a hurry, didn't it? Supposed to be nice all weekend, hope to get past the Honey Do list early. 3 day weekend down here.
        sigpic
        09 Kaw C14 Rocket powered Barcalounger
        1983 GS1100e
        82\83 1100e Frankenbike
        1980 GS1260
        Previous 65 Suzuki 80 Scrambler, 76 KZ900, 02 GSF1200S, 81 GS1100e, 80 GS850G

Comment

Great shot! Not bad for a crappy cell phone picture
          sigpic
          83 GS1100g
          2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Originally posted by azr View Post
            Finally.... A Suzuki.... Gees, a Yamaha and then a BMW....man I better get out riding more as usual thanks for all the pics everyone.
            Yes and a very fine one at that. Get out there and ride! This thread has been lacking lately. A Yammie triple? No offense meant Jed
            sigpic
            83 GS1100g
            2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie G View Post

Great shot! Not bad for a crappy cell phone picture
              I would have liked to see that in person!
              Real nice!

Comment

Originally posted by Crankthat View Post
                I would have liked to see that in person!
                Real nice!
                Thanks, it's about 5 min from my house. One of my favourite spots to take pics. It's in Brentwood Bay over looking the Pacific Ocean towards the Malahat.
                I went out to fill out the bike and I could see the hole in the sky off in the distance and rode towards it.
                Cell phones are awesome!
                No signature

Comment

My buddy and I Rode home from work in a thunderstorm today and had the pleasure of crossing a small stream on the way. Not really but the road from the hospital was flooded in one section and knocked his feet of his floorboards. I was behind him and already committed but was able to power through with the water coming up to above my footpegs and I moved to the oncoming lane to get by him. We finished the ride getting out of the storm about halfway to the house.
                  Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                  1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                  2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                  Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                  and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Took a coulpe rides today tracking down stuff for our broken down car.... The riding eased the pain.......

I used this sign in a Riding Game tag a couple of years ago.
                    Then, the place was simply vacant. It has since burned, and this summer was demoed. I assume the sign is next, which will, eliminate yet another piece of coolness from the past. I wish I had gotten some pictures of it lit up.
                    I love that the original sign simply says.......TV.... as a hook.
                    http://
                    Last edited by dorkburger; 09-06-2015, 01:34 AM.
                    sigpic
                    When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                    -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                    -Rusty old scooter.
                    Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                    https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                    https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by azr View Post
                      And now a Triumph!

Don't worry Rob, it's my wife's bike... I just took it out for some Drive Angry-style riding this evening as it's been collecting cobwebs since her last ride on it in July.
                      2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
                      2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Hey Dorkburger, where is/was the Moon Motel sign located? Its a damn shame that signs like that are being demolished. It'd be great if someone would buy it, even if it was placed in storage, to save it from being turned into scrap metal. There's a guy near here (ie. Rogersville, TN) that has been collecting all kinds of 50's era stuff over the years. He literally built a town in his back yard and hosts a car show every Memorial Day that's open to the public. He has everything from an old car dealership to a drive-in theater to an old diner in his back yard. Its incredible! Here's a link to an article covering this year's cruise in.

Willie
                        Common sense has become so uncommon that I consider it a super power.

Present Stable includes:
                        '74 GT750 Resto-mod I've owned since '79
                        '83 GS1100E (The best E I've ever enjoyed, Joe Nardy's former bike)
                        '82 GS1100G Resto project

Comment

Call the Pickers, they'll save that sign!
                          2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
                          2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Saturday AM went for ride, swung by the beach and along the channel

Barge with tug "in the notch".
                            Barge unoading.

Saturday afternoon, got a call from an old friend that have not seen for a while.
                            Honda Shadow with custom paint job.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                            GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by willie View Post
                              Hey Dorkburger, where is/was the Moon Motel sign located? Its a damn shame that signs like that are being demolished. It'd be great if someone would buy it, even if it was placed in storage, to save it from being turned into scrap metal. There's a guy near here (ie. Rogersville, TN) that has been collecting all kinds of 50's era stuff over the years. He literally built a town in his back yard and hosts a car show every Memorial Day that's open to the public. He has everything from an old car dealership to a drive-in theater to an old diner in his back yard. Its incredible! Here's a link to an article covering this year's cruise in.

Willie
                              Rt 9 Howell NJ.
                              Ill be sad when its gone. Several years ago in North Jersey there was a Gulf Station that still had a giant "GO GULF" neon sign high above it with green arrows pointing to it...... Gone.

Darn the sideways pic, but this ones still open (rt 22, Whitehouse Station NJ). Hope to get a better pic of it.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by dorkburger; 09-06-2015, 09:44 PM.
                              sigpic
                              When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                              -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                              -Rusty old scooter.
                              Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                              https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                              https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

I went for a ride today, no pics to prove it but I rode east of Omaha about 120 miles where an auction was taking place. Old Honda dealership closed up 30 years ago. The big draw was a 79 Honda CBX 1100. 6 cylinders and only 295 miles on it. They had it recently cleaned up for the sale and it brought $16,500. Nice bike but what could you do with it? You spend that kind of money and you can't even think about getting your money out of it. You ride it and it starts depreciating. It's just another bike for show and tell. Maybe in 10-20 years it will be worth a profit to the buyer.

Also had a bunch of NOS Honda gas tanks that brought between 200 and 500 bucks with the exception of one that was a custom swirl paint job---it sold for $2,000.
                                Larry

'79 GS 1000E
                                '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
                                '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
                                '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
                                '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

Working...
                                X