X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
    From yesterday

http://

Are those flowers growing wild? The Garden State,................... It's more than just a license plate or film? I have the yellow flowers in my front yard, but nothing like that!

P.S. Nice bike!
    sigpic
    83 GS1100g
    2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Yeah, I had a riding game backup as well...

IBA# 12860
      Iron Butt SS1000 & BB1500
      1984 KZ1100R
      2008 Kawasaki KLR650
      2011 Concours 1400

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie G View Post
        Are those flowers growing wild? The Garden State,................... It's more than just a license plate or film? I have the yellow flowers in my front yard, but nothing like that!

P.S. Nice bike!
        These were strategically planted at some point, but return yearly. I generally dont bother to defend NJ, but contrary to popular belief, there are some picturesque areas in the state.
        Thanks for the bike comment....It photographs well. Close up is another story.
        Last edited by dorkburger; 07-09-2015, 10:59 PM.
        sigpic
        When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
        -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
        -Rusty old scooter.
        Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
        https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
        https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Ive been especially enjoying my bike this year. Recent work has it running better then it ever has in my 15 years of ownership. Then among all the bliss I find this.
          Did you try the feeler gauge trick?

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

So the tag is wildflowers? We have those.

Comment

Feeler gauge trick? Please explain....
              Jedz has the latest tag....wildflowers was an unused backup tag pic I took.
              sigpic
              When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
              -Rusty old scooter.

Comment

New Ride

This is my new bike and I just got it running tonight and its great! Reminds me of Hi school.
                Attached Files

Comment

Feeler gauge trick? Please explain....
                  Probably there is a grain of sand or a bug's shell or microscopic twig or hair or something caught in the seal making it leak. Soon enough it will damage the seal, but if you get the offending particle out before then it may quit leaking. Push a feeler gauge between the seal and the fork tube, turn it at an angle and run it around the seal. Angle it so it pushes anything up and out as you move it around the seal. We used to use film back when cameras had film, a piece of a milk carton can be used, or they even make a special tool for this, but the feeler gauge works well. Start with a very thin one, once it's in put a little thicker one in behind it, pull the thin one out and around you go.

If your seals are old, cracked and dry rotted it won't work, but if not it's worth a try. I'm at about a 50% fix rate with it.

Comment

very nice! fancool

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
                      Probably there is a grain of sand or a bug's shell or microscopic twig or hair or something caught in the seal making it leak. Soon enough it will damage the seal, but if you get the offending particle out before then it may quit leaking. Push a feeler gauge between the seal and the fork tube, turn it at an angle and run it around the seal. Angle it so it pushes anything up and out as you move it around the seal. We used to use film back when cameras had film, a piece of a milk carton can be used, or they even make a special tool for this, but the feeler gauge works well. Start with a very thin one, once it's in put a little thicker one in behind it, pull the thin one out and around you go.

If your seals are old, cracked and dry rotted it won't work, but if not it's worth a try. I'm at about a 50% fix rate with it.
                      Definitely worth a try. Thanks.
                      sigpic

Glen
                      -Rusty old scooter.

Comment

Please keep confederate in Vortex

Right on with the flag, Charlie G!

Enough is enough already. It stands for nothing good.

I know this belongs in the Vortex, so why don't we limit the icons to there? By using it as an avatar, you're spreading it everywhere you go in the site. I thought that kind of stuff was supposed to stay in the Vortex (where I can't see it).

Frank?
                        1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Thanks the poor kid I bought it from could not get it running and had #3+#4 sparkplug wire switched and I bought it un started and cheap $1500.00. Almost feel bad but that's hard to do on a nice ride like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
                            Right on with the flag, Charlie G!

Enough is enough already. It stands for nothing good.

I know this belongs in the Vortex, so why don't we limit the icons to there? By using it as an avatar, you're spreading it everywhere you go in the site. I thought that kind of stuff was supposed to stay in the Vortex (where I can't see it).

Frank?
                            Very good point Rob! I'd be happy to, if others did. TGIF

cg
                            sigpic
                            83 GS1100g
                            2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Went out playing on the 550, yesterday.
                              1979 GS550, 2003 R6, 1998 XR400 Dual Sport, 2004 V-Star.........

Decisions, decisions, what to ride, today.
                              sigpic
                              My GS550 Build

Comment

Nice job 8ball and thanks for posting.

They are still back and forth about the program extension here, but if they extend for another year I really need to find a bike here. Vicarious riding just doesn't get it.

Comment

Working...
                                X