No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ya, we all know who's really going to clean out the gutters!!
    Rob
    1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
    Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

No pictures, but gave two of the kids a ride today around the block; about had a tractor trailer decide he wanted my lane more than I did when he turned down the road I was on. Fortunately, the horn woke him up enough to stop so I could move out of his way. Though trying to pull out before he turned was out of the question, I need to do a better job of deciding how I'm going to get out of those situations when I have a passenger.
      Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
      1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
      2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
      Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
      and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Just another gorgeous Vermont day... Going from my first job to primary... So damn nice out. Full color too. I think the flat landers call it peaking or somethin'
        Jedz Moto
        1980 Suzuki GS1000G
        1988 Honda GL1500-6
        2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
        2020 Honda Monkey Z125
        2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
        Originally posted by Hayabuser
        Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by azr View Post
          Ya, we all know who's really going to clean out the gutters!!

Lol....she won't do latters.
          No signature

Comment

^that's a really nice pic of the connie justin.

tonight mrs. eli and i stopped at letchworth park after a nice day of riding western ny. i took this picture of my bike in front of the middle falls. the falls are lit up for a couple hours after dark. i had to use the flash to get the bike in the picture but i also took one without flash so the falls are easier to see.

2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
            82 gs1100L probably the next project
            1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
            https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
            1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

Took advantage of a nice night and went out for a spin after work on my 750. Went out to the end of Willis Point Rd...a spot I kind of forget about. So many beautiful spots around here.

No signature

Comment

I sourced a DL1000 seat from Ebay for cheap and went out for a test ride...on road and off road. Wider, flatter and a good improvement over the stock DL650 seat. Every time I look on CL for another GS I take the vStrom out and lose any desire to swap rides now.

1st gear crawls over the rocky stuff and small logs coming up on this wood road....

And then on to where there isn't a road....

This was the second group of turkeys blocking the dirt roads. I came across five deer too, but they were kind enough to stay off on the side of the road.

Comment

I'm glad you love the V-Strom Steve!!! Keep up the exploration!
                  Jedz Moto
                  1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                  1988 Honda GL1500-6
                  2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                  2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                  2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                  Originally posted by Hayabuser
                  Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Got my 86' DR600 Dakar up and running perfectly today so of course I needed to get her into the dirt. Also it was the first time at top highway speeds, rode perfectly on both.

had an absoulute blast and am in love with the bike. Can't wait for the first big trip!
                    Rob
                    1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
                    Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Rob,

That bike looks really nice. I bet your having some fun.

cg
                      sigpic
                      83 GS1100g
                      2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Originally posted by azr View Post
                        Got my 86' DR600 Dakar up and running perfectly today so of course I needed to get her into the dirt. Also it was the first time at top highway speeds, rode perfectly on both.

had an absoulute blast and am in love with the bike. Can't wait for the first big trip!
                        Very cool bike....if I wanted to take it a little further into the back woods. But I don't want to give up the comfort of my paved riding, a 6th gear for top end, 300+ tank range, and most of all the comfort of 2 up riding with my wife. I could push my vStrom some more into the rougher stuff with a set of TKC80 tires but if I make a mistake I don't want the challenge of picking up a 500lb bike in the middle of nowhere. Besides my riding is at least 80% on road so life is a trade off and I go with what suits me for now....bbbbuuuttt, I wouldn't mind trading bikes for a day if you were closer!! Maybe if I get out there someday??

Comment

Is that Mt. Baker in the pic? So beautiful in the Gulf Islands....
                          sigpic
                          09 Kaw C14 Rocket powered Barcalounger
                          1983 GS1100e
                          82\83 1100e Frankenbike
                          1980 GS1260
                          Previous 65 Suzuki 80 Scrambler, 76 KZ900, 02 GSF1200S, 81 GS1100e, 80 GS850G

Comment

42 degreesF at about noon.
                            Good enough.
                            Was out for a couple hours.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                            GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Beautiful pics of the Fall colours.
                              Love seeing those road signs with lots of curvy lines on them.
                              2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Dave, I like the 1st pick most, the Sugar Maples are fabulous.
                                Me, I needed to rest all day.
                                "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                                1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                                1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                                1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Working...
                                X