anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jedz123
    I'll keep you posted. I like to ride down the Taconic to the border of the city and back for speed runs. Jersey isn't too far out from there. I'll keep you posted. Goal this season is to put some more faces to names on this board.
    Sound good. Im in the middle of NJ where the riding isnt terribly exciting. The northwest part of the state has some decent (by NJ standards) roads to ride.
    sigpic
    When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
    -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
    -Rusty old scooter.
    Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
    https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

well I didn't quite get 500 miles... But I did get a nice 150 miles on today. got m,y bike inpected at my favorite local shop (and in VT terms local is anything in a 60 mile radius). I was the first motorcycle inspection of the 2015 season. I love these guys at Pro Cycle. take great care of me and my machines. It was nice to catch up and they were excited to know I was only 35 miles down the street now. 48' today but balmy. The wind wasn't very nice but I did get some time to be more acquainted with the B-King.

As you can see the BK was the only Motorcycle in the shop...

Good to hear the boys at Procycle hgave hgad a stellar winter season with all the snow we got. But they said it was a breath of fresh air to do a 2 wheel'd vehicle in the shop.

I then did a full circumference around Addison county. Great day for it. BK is a little dirty but she loves it. I also have allot of Go-Pro footage I'll compile later.

I got called in for qwork again tonight... Another 60 hour work week in the works. I'm really not impressed by this. Oh well it's all be the Over time hour...

More to come we have another Highs 40's day tomorrow!!!!
      Jedz Moto
      1980 Suzuki GS1000G
      1988 Honda GL1500-6
      2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
      2020 Honda Monkey Z125
      2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
      Originally posted by Hayabuser
      Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Hey Jedz123, when you get the Bandit back, it may seem a bit primitive compared to that B-King.

Comment

Lurch, Nothing wrong with primitive! The B-King is in its own realm or Brutality and comfort... More buttons then the frickin space shuttle. The B-12 is very much anticipated! I find with my age, Oil cooled simplicity is a nice option.
          Jedz Moto
          1980 Suzuki GS1000G
          1988 Honda GL1500-6
          2020 Honda Monkey Z125
          Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
            I was the first motorcycle inspection of the 2015 season. I love these guys at Pro Cycle. take great care of me and my machines. It was nice to catch up and they were excited to know I was only 35 miles down the street now.
            that's the place just south of rutland right? that's my favorite vermont bike shop! i had to get my chain fixed there while we were rallyin' like a mutha.
            2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
            82 gs1100L probably the next project
            1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
            https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
            1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

Yup, Pete and Matt have been helping me keep my bike's on the road when I first started riding with my riddled with issues GS750L(before I knew of GSR). Good cats and I go to no one else when I need an inspection. I also try to buy anything I need through them to help my local bike shop. I use to swap service for pizza when I ran the Rutland Sbarro. Great guys, I have nothing but great report with them.
              Last edited by Jedz123; 03-10-2015, 09:41 PM.
              Jedz Moto
              1980 Suzuki GS1000G
              1988 Honda GL1500-6
              2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Well, I actually got my collector plate today so and figured it needed a short test ride to make sure it wouldn't fall off. Short meaning about 100km., I just couldn't help myself. This is a favourite local lake about 15 minutes from the house. Horrors, I actually got some dirt on it. Don't tell Trevor. Ride was successful, no leaks, runs fine, fixed the front end wobble I noticed before the tear down and everything seems to work great. Woohoo, nothing else fell off either. Other than a little buzz from the fairing at 4,000 rpm the operation looks like a success. This thing feels sooooooo much more nimble than my '79 GS1000, amazing what 5 years will do.

'84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Sandy, the bike looks great.
                  sigpic
                  When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                  -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                  -Rusty old scooter.
                  Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                  https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                  https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Thanks, even better that everything works.
                    Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
                    Sandy, the bike looks great.
                    '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

No ride today...on off rain in the afternoon. But I saw a great rainbow today.
                      Double one...pics don't do it justice.

No signature

Comment

Originally posted by Sandy View Post
                        Well, I actually got my collector plate today so and figured it needed a short test ride to make sure it wouldn't fall off. Short meaning about 100km., I just couldn't help myself. This is a favourite local lake about 15 minutes from the house. Horrors, I actually got some dirt on it. Don't tell Trevor. Ride was successful, no leaks, runs fine, fixed the front end wobble I noticed before the tear down and everything seems to work great. Woohoo, nothing else fell off either. Other than a little buzz from the fairing at 4,000 rpm the operation looks like a success. This thing feels sooooooo much more nimble than my '79 GS1000, amazing what 5 years will do.

Looks fantastic! I am so envious! I was wondering just how nimble one would be.

cg
                        sigpic
                        83 GS1100g
                        2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Nice Trevor!
                          sigpic
                          83 GS1100g
                          2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie G View Post
                            Looks fantastic! I am so envious! I was wondering just how nimble one would be.

cg
                            I guess you'll find out in June.

Comment

Looks great Sandy, even with the dirt on it! Are you coming over in May to Cliff's on it?
                              No signature

Comment

Sandy What an Awesome Pic!!! I really like the blue and white GS750EF. IT'S NOT DIRTY! LOL

I made a video of the video compiled on 3-10-15

Ride Video for Yesterday 3-11-15

Great ride yesterday Sun was out and it was near 50' F! I grabbed about 150 miles and called it off.
                                Here's a great picture of the bike parked in front of Methodist Church in West Addison Built in 1840. I'll try to take pics in front of cool historic sites.

I actually can't wait to get the GR out but it's going to be a few months. Still allot of brine on the roads. The GSX took a bath when I got home.
                                Last edited by Jedz123; 03-12-2015, 08:04 PM.
                                Jedz Moto
                                1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                                1988 Honda GL1500-6
                                2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Working...
                                X