anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tim Tom View Post
    Hey guys, after a whole bunch of life getting in the way, I decided to drop back into GSR, and I went for a ride too! Though this picture was taken from this past Sunday's ride.
    Welcome back! That looks like a fun scoot.
    Dogma
    --
    O LORD, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you! - David

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan

--
    '80 GS850 GLT
    '80 GS1000 GT
    '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

Comment

Originally posted by Dogma View Post
      It's a blast to ride. Fast, light, and incredibly nimble. It also has a habit of flattering the rider. I giggle like a school boy as the back end slides round a dirt road, and smile ear to ear as it attacks apexes with aplomb. Though I admit its no match for the 850 in the two up, mile eating department. I picked it up the last weekend in May, and just turned over 5,000 miles this weekend. We get around!

Comment

Originally posted by Dogma View Post
        I agree.
        The little headlight fairing suits the size/style of the bike too.
        2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
          Lol...funny guy. Just wait as you and I might be riding the same bike soon too.
          Please tell me it's not a Euro-Trash bike....?
          sigpic
          83 GS1100g
          2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Hey guys, after a whole bunch of life getting in the way, I decided to drop back into GSR, and I went for a ride too! Though this picture was taken from this past Sunday's ride.

Welcome back! Looks like fun!
            sigpic
            83 GS1100g
            2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

I took one out for an afternoon and had a blast. Congrats and welcome back.
              No signature

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
                I agree.
                The little headlight fairing suits the size/style of the bike too.
                Originally posted by Charlie G View Post
                Welcome back! Looks like fun!
                Originally posted by trevor View Post
                I took one out for an afternoon and had a blast. Congrats and welcome back.
                Thanks everyone. A whole lot has happened since I last posted here. Bought a '92 Ninja 600 which I rode to Nova Scotia, and then the Dragon (two separate trips). Got married, my wife got her masters degree, sold the bikes and moved to California, new jobs for us both, we bought a house, and the new bike is the icing on the cake. Ohh and we adopted two more dogs...

With all that happening GSR sorta faded off my radar for a while. Then the other day my wife and I see a nice looking GS parked in town. I want to say it's a 77-79 750, didn't get a great look at it. She tells me that looks just like my old GS (she's kinda right and I didn't bother to correct her with the numerous model differences) and I should leave the guy a note and try and buy it. Can't argue with that sort of advice!

Anyway that got the gears turning so I decided to drop back in and see whats happening. I think she is right, I do need another GS in the garage. Though I'd like a chain drive 1000 this time, with a nice set of bandit rolling stock and suspension grafted on... If it all goes well I would like to pick up a project bike in 2016. Again, if it all goes well. In the mean time I'm enjoying being back and reading all the familiar posters again.

Edit: I forgot about the screen, I was gonna mention that. It's a dart flyscreen, really nice piece of kit from the UK. It mounts to the headlight bolts, much cleaner looking that having those arms clamp on the handlebars. It does a great job of moving the wind off my chest while keeping my helmet in clean air. It works very well, and it's been thoroughly speed tested... the highway from Barstow to Vegas is friggen fast, average travel speed is north of what most GS's speedos display!
                Last edited by Guest; 12-31-2015, 12:15 PM.

Comment

............ A whole lot has happened since I last posted here. .............
                  Welcome back.

Moved to California, that's the place you autta be. <quoting Beverly Hillbillies>

hey, if she says you should get a bike like your old GS, you should!

high desert of California.... hum.... I will have to look and see where that is.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                  GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Thanks everyone. A whole lot has happened since I last posted here. Bought a '92 Ninja 600 which I rode to Nova Scotia, and then the Dragon (two separate trips). Got married, my wife got her masters degree, sold the bikes and moved to California, new jobs for us both, we bought a house, and the new bike is the icing on the cake. Ohh and we adopted two more dogs...

With all that happening GSR sorta faded off my radar for a while. Then the other day my wife and I see a nice looking GS parked in town. I want to say it's a 77-79 750, didn't get a great look at it. She tells me that looks just like my old GS (she's kinda right and I didn't bother to correct her with the numerous model differences) and I should leave the guy a note and try and buy it. Can't argue with that sort of advice!

Anyway that got the gears turning so I decided to drop back in and see whats happening. I think she is right, I do need another GS in the garage. Though I'd like a chain drive 1000 this time, with a nice set of bandit rolling stock and suspension grafted on... If it all goes well I would like to pick up a project bike in 2016. Again, if it all goes well. In the mean time I'm enjoying being back and reading all the familiar posters again.

Edit: I forgot about the screen, I was gonna mention that. It's a dart flyscreen, really nice piece of kit from the UK. It mounts to the headlight bolts, much cleaner looking that having those arms clamp on the handlebars. It does a great job of moving the wind off my chest while keeping my helmet in clean air. It works very well, and it's been thoroughly speed tested... the highway from Barstow to Vegas is friggen fast, average travel speed is north of what most GS's speedos display!
                    Save yourself some time and effort and just buy mine! With our Canadian dollar as soft as a Kawasaki's powerband, you can't go wrong!

Fly out, ride home!
                    2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
                    2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                      Welcome back.

Moved to California, that's the place you autta be. <quoting Beverly Hillbillies>

hey, if she says you should get a bike like your old GS, you should!

high desert of California.... hum.... I will have to look and see where that is.

I'm right in between the southern edge of the Sierra National Forest, and the western edge of Death Valley. All in all I'm digging it. Way different pace of life than living in the Northern NJ and NYC areas...

I've got mountains to the left, wide open desert to the right, the coast isn't too far, 360 days of sun shine, and a motorbike. What more could you ask for??
                      Last edited by Guest; 12-31-2015, 07:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hayabuser View Post
                        Save yourself some time and effort and just buy mine! With our Canadian dollar as soft as a Kawasaki's powerband, you can't go wrong!

Fly out, ride home!
                        Maybe after tax season down here. Though the solo seat would have to go.... other than that, your bike looks awesome!

Comment

Maybe after tax season down here. Though the solo seat would have to go.... other than that, your bike looks awesome!
                          I understand, it's a modified Kawasaki seat anyway!
                          2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
                          2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Not too often does one get a bike ride in for Christmas or New Year's day in NH with the cold, snow and ice...but this year I was able to get out on both days. Had to wait for the temps to get just above freezing and melt off the black ice but a good way to start 2016. The SV650 is my only ride for now. A nice winter New England setting for the back drop today. I would have more pics but the iPhone 4S is getting old and tired, and does not like the cold and craps out quickly.

Comment

Went out today for the New Years Day ride....

No signature

Comment

Originally posted by lurch12_2000 View Post
                                Not too often does one get a bike ride in for Christmas or New Year's day in NH with the cold, snow and ice...but this year I was able to get out on both days. Had to wait for the temps to get just above freezing and melt off the black ice but a good way to start 2016. The SV650 is my only ride for now. A nice winter New England setting for the back drop today. I would have more pics but the iPhone 4S is getting old and tired, and does not like the cold and craps out quickly.

Nice ride, lucky your temps got up.
                                I was considering a ride but we're in the mid 20s, drove over to a friends house and saw plenty of ice on the roads, so glad I didn't try.
                                "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                                1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                                1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                                1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Working...
                                X