No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been riding for over 50 years turned 64 the other day so for the first time I rode a motorcycle on my Bday.
    Just a short blast up and sown the road I live on, trying to sort this old Special I bought in the fall. It's been parked for 4 years
    been through the carbs, installed bigger jets,, still runs like a POS!! But, maybe that's as good as they get,,,
    Fred

Comment

Originally posted by Hayabuser View Post
      Rode paTina today...

This is one of the finest looking bikes in the entire GS line.
      The physical design is timeless and the black and blue 83' is the best. This is pretty much my favourite GS of all.
      Yours is awesome.
      Thanks for the pics.

Comment

Originally posted by fred smailes View Post
        Been riding for over 50 years turned 64 the other day so for the first time I rode a motorcycle on my Bday.
        Just a short blast up and sown the road I live on, trying to sort this old Special I bought in the fall. It's been parked for 4 years
        been through the carbs, installed bigger jets,, still runs like a POS!! But, maybe that's as good as they get,,,
        Fred
        Looks like a really nice day. It was nice to ride in your area a few years ago. Happy B-day!!!

[/URL]

A photo from my B-day ride from a couple of weeks ago.

And today, which was a bit colder..

[/URL]
        sigpic
        83 GS1100g
        2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Great pics guys! Nice Fonzie bike Fred!
          Beautiful day today...sunny and in the 60s! Took my DR out for a quick spin in the hood...

No signature

Comment

Changed the oil in the car today, since I moved the bikes out of the garage I had to take them both for a spin before putting them back. A bit cold, upper 40's. Sunny and near 60 predicted later next week....

sigpic
            09 Kaw C14 Rocket powered Barcalounger
            1983 GS1100e
            82\83 1100e Frankenbike
            1980 GS1260
            Previous 65 Suzuki 80 Scrambler, 76 KZ900, 02 GSF1200S, 81 GS1100e, 80 GS850G

Comment

Do they still allow stereotypical racism in Canada? Someone would be staging a protest here....

sigpic
              09 Kaw C14 Rocket powered Barcalounger
              1983 GS1100e
              82\83 1100e Frankenbike
              1980 GS1260
              Previous 65 Suzuki 80 Scrambler, 76 KZ900, 02 GSF1200S, 81 GS1100e, 80 GS850G

Comment

actually have something to post here! no pics, but took the es out today for a quick 30 minute warm up. First time I've ridden in february in.....forever. Nice dry weekend, low salt year. Not to spring yet, but we are getting closer!
                1983 GS 1100 ESD

Comment

My ride today.....WP_20160213_14_30_22_Pro.jpg Just North of Sacramento....

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie G View Post
                    Looks like a really nice day. It was nice to ride in your area a few years ago. Happy B-day!!!

[/URL]

A photo from my B-day ride from a couple of weeks ago.

And today, which was a bit colder..

[/URL]
                    hey Charlie thanks for the note and back at ya! Your Bday looks like a nice ride and your today ride,,, it looks the same around here, rains at the house overnight then in the morn the tops are all fresh white.

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                      Great pics guys! Nice Fonzie bike Fred!
                      Beautiful day today...sunny and in the 60s! Took my DR out for a quick spin in the hood...

hey trev, looking forward to riding that red thumper that's sitting out there waiting for me.
                      Fonzie Fred

Comment

Originally posted by bobgroger View Post
                        Do they still allow stereotypical racism in Canada? Someone would be staging a protest here....

The cook's not chasing a cat so no foul.
                        Last edited by Hayabuser; 02-21-2016, 01:38 AM.
                        2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
                        2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Left fairly early this morning on the Tiller to take advantage of the, er, ah, what's it called again? Oh yeah, the sun!

Later this afternoon, I popped by Island BMW (where I ran into Trevor and his ailing 750) and took this out for a rip...

... what a frantic, insane, hysterical machine! The Arrow pipe screaming at redline, banging up gears through the quickshifter, grabbing a handful of ABS when I spotted a cop... MANIC! I'm too old for this kind of lunacy... best to stick with my dinosaurs.
                          2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
                          2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Was in Negril Jamaica last week. This is my ride. Chinese 250cc trail bike. Good tires,chain,brakes,clutch and never crashed. The steering head bearings were another story. In the amount of time it took me to explain how to adjust them,I could have had it done. In 3 days of back country road driving I used a 1/2 tank of gas! Very easy on fuel. Felt good to get wind in my face !
                            Attached Files
                            Current Rides: 82 GS1100E, 00 Triumph 955 Speed Triple, 03 Kawasaki ZRX1200, 01 Honda GL1800, '15 Kawasaki 1000 Versys
                            Past Rides: 72 Honda SL-125, Kawasaki KE-175, 77 GS750 with total yosh stage 1 kit, 79 GS1000s, 80 GS1000S, 82 GS750e,82 GS1000S, 84 VF500f, 86 FZR600, 95 Triumph Sprint 900,96 Triumph Sprint, 97 Triumph Sprint, 01 Kawasaki ZRX1200, 07 Triumph Tiger 1050, 01 Yam YFZ250F
                            Work in progress: 78 GS1000, unknown year GS1100ES

Comment

Originally posted by lurch12_2000 View Post
                              Back to the bike today. The last ride on the SV650 before it goes off to a new home. What next?

Maybe a Gen II FZ1? I know where to get one for a good deal!
                              Currently bikeless
                              '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
                              '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

My 49th ride this year(95% off/road) of at least an hour but most 2,3,4,5 or even 6 hours out. Trials bike and 4Tricks time,but 68 Honda Cub goes longest tours of Moab. Sucks to be you. If you want to see pics photobocket.com

Comment

Working...
                                X