anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hayabuser View Post
    Anywho, took the Tiller out to run some quick errands today... very quick!

What a beautiful TL. I was gonna say, SRAD but caught it on your sig.

Ed
    GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
    GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
    GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
    Originally posted by GSXR7ED
    Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Originally posted by GSXR7ED View Post
      ......... SRAD ...
      SRAD Suzuki Ram Air Direct
      SRAD Society for Research in Adult Development
      SRAD System Requirements Analysis Document
      SRAD Sleiman Research and Development (Madison, Alabama)
      SRAD System Requirements and Architecture Document
      SRAD Special Recon Assault Detachment (paintball)
      SRAD Scheduler Resource Allocation Domain (IBM)
      SRAD Short Range Air Defence (UK)

Ah, the first one apparently.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
      GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

We all know the list stops after the first item....
        sigpic
        When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
        -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
        -Rusty old scooter.
        Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
        https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
        https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

So Redman another discovery?
          "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
          1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
          1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
          1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
            Went out today for the New Years Day ride....

Nice R100RS. 1977 to 1984.
            Should see what price those sell for.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

I too thought that was a rarity that got out on Christmas Day,
              And was trying for New Years Day also, yesterday. Was snowing in the morning and was sticking to the road... so not a good idea.

Today better. Roads clear.
              Was headed out and was 30 degrees F.
              Was thinking that 25-30 degrees better than, say 35-40, because then would be snow banks melting and running across the road.

Had trouble in drive way. About lost it getting bike off the sidestand.

Made it out of driveway okay,
              a bit sideways at one point. (ok, okay, I will admit, did that on purpose, yaa-haaww. .... okay, not so smart.... but yee-hawww)

Sun coming out just as I was leaving.

Was out for all most 2 hours.
              Would have been about 15 minutes without the electric gloves.

Ordinary bandana kerchief, but I have shaped a piece of insulated quilted fabric stuff to somewhat match contour of chin and neck, and then sewn into the bandana kerchief.

Sun coming out was a good thing, because did find a few wet spots in road, out in country, near open fields, that probably had been ice before the sun hit the pavement.

Stopped for this for marvinsc's "Seen On Ride"

Last edited by Redman; 01-03-2016, 09:29 AM. Reason: add pic

Comment

Anybody honk or wave a thumbs up at you Dave?
                I got those one year riding through town in January.
                See my pic of the coal silos below your other post.
                "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Got out on my new to me bike today...went over to Rob's house....don't our bikes look cute together?? Lol
                  Bike ran great, started first kick this morning. Gotta get the fork seals done quickly though.

No signature

Comment

Took the 1000E out for a while today. Waited until it got above freezing to head out, came back before it got dark, too cold without going whole hog on the cold weather gear. I prefer our normal balmy winters, where it will get cold and snow six feet then two or three days later the roads are dry and the temps hit 60 or so.

Sorry no pics, just imagine an army green GS1000E on a two lane road with snow all over everything but the road.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

i only rode (pushed) from my garage to my dining room......lol

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
                        Anybody honk or wave a thumbs up at you Dave?
                        No, didn’t notice any waves. I was mostly out in the country.
                        Did notice a couple blank stares, and a couple puzzled looks. At a stop sign
                        with a right turn lane a guy in truck did look at me, smile and point to
                        something on his mirror (that I figured was a temperature readout), I pointed at
                        the controller strapped to my leg and made exaggerated motion of making an
                        adjustment to it and held up both my gloved hands and smiled back.

Did notice one lady in a minivan coming to a stop at a stop
                        sign at road I was approaching, she looked both ways quickly and then she
                        started to pull out, I hit the brakes pretty hard, then she stopped. I continued
                        to brake some more, and then went by slowly. She had a sad horrified look on her
                        face, and held up one hand as kind of a wave and an apology

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                          Got out on my new to me bike today...went over to Rob's house....don't our bikes look cute together?? Lol
                          Bike ran great, started first kick this morning. Gotta get the fork seals done quickly though.

Any of you guys with DR650s do any two up riding with them? Or are they no good for that if needed occassionally for a 100 mile jaunt? I sold my Wee and maybe regret it some for my wife....I'm scoping a '93 DR650 with 15k miles and wondered.

Comment

I took my granddaughter out on the DR 650 a few times, that was fine. My wife is small for an adult and it was a no go. Maybe a little ride around the block or someplace, but an hour on the back to go someplace just wasn't going to happen. The bike was plenty capable, power and everything, just not enough seat space. Too bad, I wouldn't have bought the F8GS if the DR would have worked out for that.
                            Last edited by tkent02; 01-03-2016, 12:32 PM.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Originally posted by lurch12_2000 View Post
                              Any of you guys with DR650s do any two up riding with them? Or are they no good for that if needed occassionally for a 100 mile jaunt? I sold my Wee and maybe regret it some for my wife....I'm scoping a '93 DR650 with 15k miles and wondered.
                              Not yet but I can't see any reason that it couldn't handle it. But with much more comfortable and capable options in the garage it won't likely happen with my wife but I can see my son and I getting out on it together.
                              Looking forward to seeing pics of your DR when you get it. Congrats!
                              No signature

Comment

I rode up to Shawingan Lake today... where it had snowed. I'm an idiot....

Back to greener pastures... The Highlands! It sometimes snows up there too...

... but not today.
                                2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
                                2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Working...
                                X