anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by trevor View Post
    My wife and I went up Island today for lunch at Genoa Bay...had a nice Salmon...
    Total 200kms today

She did not want to ride her new bike......?

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

My son wanted to go for a ride today.
      He just got his Triumph Tiger 1050 back together. He had bad compression and high oil consumption and running rough. Found the ring lands broke on two pistons ( 2 of the three pistons), and he learnt about this being a somewhat common problem on a couple years models until they changed the fuel mapping. Had to replace all the pistons and rings and get the new mapping. Scheesch, you would think that getting a premier brand of bike like that, would not have problems like that (some of you may catch the reason for my sarcasm there.)

Anyway, my son called to see if I wanted to join him for his first long ride of the year. I was a bit hesitant due to the fact that it was 36 degrees at 1 pm, and 2 inches of snow in front yard from yesterday yet. But, yah, anytime my son invites me for about anything, yah, I will want to, especially a mo'cykle ride. And, I had noticed that the roads were clear and did not seem to be any salt put on roads yesterday or today.

Got the gear together, pulled bike out of garage

and headed out to the arranged meeting place.

We met, and then headed north ... into next county ... were the roads had been salted ... someplaces looked like the county was trying to empty out the store pile of salt on this last occasion.... scheesch.
      And some places had snow piles melting and running across the road.

Got further north and there was less snow on ground, and seemed slightly warmer, like maybe 40 degrees. Electric gloves really making the difference.

Had about an hour ride.
      Into Whitehall. Was a brew pub he wanted to checkout.

Sat and talked there for half hour or so.

Then headed back south along lakeshore toward Muskegon.

Then back inland, and further south, were he headed east towards their place, and I went west toward home.

Stopped and looked at bike. Lots of road grime and lots of salt on the bike, especially the back, ew....
      I don't like taking bike to car wash, but did not want to be bucket washing at home in the 40s either, so did stop at car wash.

(grime not really showing up in photo)

SNow mostly gone when got home, and upper 40s.

Great 3 hour afternoon ride with my son.

38 - 40 - 42 - 44 degrees not too cold if have proper gear.

Last edited by Redman; 04-04-2016, 08:07 PM.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Hey Red, what is that on your son's helmet? And were you wearing a baklava? I like the designs from what I see and might be interested in something for me
        Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
        1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
        2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
        Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
        and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
          She did not want to ride her new bike......?

Lol...a little to far. She did go out in the morning though..
          No signature

Comment

Nice ride Red Man!
            I was out too, but it was warmer here, plus the sun. Really windy, into the wind 60mph felt Like I was doing 100mph. In open landscapes with the wind coming from the side, it was like somebody pushing my face hard over. The bike tracked very well.
            "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
            1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
            1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
            1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

][/URL]

I had to go look at a project at a remote Forest Service location today. A perfect candidate for a business motorcycle ride.

][/URL]

You know I may not even get the job......

][/URL]

Nice day. Maybe a bit cool
              sigpic
              83 GS1100g
              2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Beauty Chuck!

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie G View Post
                  Nice photos of nice roads, scenery and nice bike.

Yah, does look a bit remote.
                  And looks like could have been a bit cool, especially on unfaired bike.

Comment

]I had to go look at a project at a remote Forest Service location today. A perfect candidate for a business motorcycle ride.

HA!
                    I've been tempted to ride a bike to a first time client meeting for a work estimate, but I'm afraid to give new clients a care free reckless impression of myself.
                    Even later it will at least make them envious .
                    "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)

Comment

][/URL]

I had to go look at a project at a remote Forest Service location today. A perfect candidate for a business motorcycle ride.

][/URL]

][/URL]

Great pics Charlie, thank you for posting.
                      No signature

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
                        HA!
                        I've been tempted to ride a bike to a first time client meeting for a work estimate, but I'm afraid to give new clients a care free reckless impression of myself.
                        Imagine when a heavy industrial place calls for a service electrician/technician, and a guy shows up on mo'cykl. With my tool kit that fits in side bag.

In last such case, I found the problem in 5 minutes and had them running a few minutes after that.
                        Later I found that we were the 3rd place they called. The other two gave up.
                        (okay, yah, I am bragging.)

Some construction worker said my tool kit looked like his grandma sewing kit, and my bike sounded like his grandma sewing machine.

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                          Some construction worker said my tool kit looked like his grandma sewing kit, and my bike sounded like his grandma sewing machine.
                          So, his grandma was busy that day, or she woulda fixed his problem? They called her twice before calling you?
                          Me, I only work for nice people.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
                            So, his grandma was busy that day, or she woulda fixed his problem? They called her twice before calling you?
                            Me, I only work for nice people.
                            Service call incident story not related to incident of guy calling my tool kit "grandma sewing kit", well, other than I had tool kit and was dealing with gruff guys on both occassions.

Last edited by Redman; 04-05-2016, 10:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
                              Hey Red, what is that on your son's helmet? And were you wearing a baklava? I like the designs from what I see and might be interested in something for me
                              Son says his is a "Schampa", $25, .
                              Schampa has the best variety of cold weather, motorcycle, off-road, outdoor, and Active Apparel, Gear and accessories; partnering with several Brands including Stuffsack.com waterproof & Travel bags and DirtSkins Shock Covers!

Mine is hand made, of my invention (when first made one 30 years ago), by sewing quilted insulative material (can get at fabric store) or some old flannell (from an old shirt) into a $1.49 bandanna (folded diagonally). Need to use a bandanna, (not handkerchief) so is big enough to go down into jacket and wide enough (diagonal) to tie ends behind head (only needs to stayed tied long enough to get helmet strapped on).
                              I use it mostly to cover chin and neck. But sometimes (like the other day) have it high enough to cover mouth, but mostly so also covers ears and sides of neck.

On THis occasion pictured below, Jan 2nd, something like 28 degrees, on Honda Shadow 500 having a much smaller windscreen, I had the bandanna up over nose, and made sure it got inside jacket collar.

And, now, back to "Who Went For Ride Today?"

Last edited by Redman; 04-06-2016, 06:08 AM.

Comment

Yesterday Rob and I did the Otter Point loop through Sooke....and had a great lunch after at 6 mile pub...120 year old pub.

Then this was on my way home from work today...

No signature

Comment

Working...
                                X