Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Charlie G View Post

That's the nicest "L" I've ever seen!
    I totally agree. I like the cleanliness of the bike without the chain guard, even though something looks missing.
    Larry

'79 GS 1000E
    '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
    '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
    '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
    '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

Warm day but got in a couple hundred miles.
      Attached Files

Comment

If the bike is stopped it is in the shade.
        Beautiful bike, geol.
        2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Still have a few items that need some work. Small things, like rebuild the cam chain tensioner, replace orings on oil idiot light sensor, replace seal and oring on tach drive, etc. Should have done this stuff as a matter of course when I had the bike apart but I bought some new air box rubbers and they will be in tomorrow so have been holding off... also a new clutch cable as mine is a tad stretched. Bike does run nicely though. Thanks!

Comment

Another shot of the bike... also have a seat cover I am going to attempt to install. The current cover isn't bad but has a few flaws around the bottom edge. I probably won't the grab rail back on.
            Attached Files

Comment

An early morning romp along The Niagara Parkway.
              Too early for the Gendarmes i guess.
              Stopped in Queenston for a pic with Brock's Monument.

2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Had stuff going on most all weekend, which as good, family stuff, town festival/parade, but did not allow for a ride.
                Did get out late this afternoon.
                Was going for a favorite local road for when only have about half hour or hour.
                .. and found new pavement, asphalt.

Last edited by Redman; 08-07-2016, 09:36 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Is Michigan not using oil and stone anymore?
                  I think I've noticed more genuine asphalt paving this summer, instead of oil and tar used everywhere.
                  Nice, almost crashed when they started using it back about 6 years.
                  "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                  1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                  1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                  1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Didn't go anywhere special today, just up chuckanut drive to Bellingham to check out some of the parks where pokemon have been good at. Yes, i'm one of THOSE losers

Comment

Pretty Big weekend this weekend for me. I got well over 500 miles on in 2 days just putting around on the Hyosung, GS650 but doing the bulk of the miles on the Connie.

Then I lost my damn Cam cover cap!

The perk... I bought a GS550L... I'll start a thread about it! Can't say not complete GS especially a "L". Looking to merry a GS650 top end on it... And give it a full De-L-ing
                      Jedz Moto
                      1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                      1988 Honda GL1500-6
                      2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                      2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                      2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                      Originally posted by Hayabuser
                      Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

working in the finger lakes last week. we trailered the bikes with the work van so we could do some riding.

background is the farm we stayed at between keuka and seneca lakes.

did some hiking on the outlet trail which follows the creek that drains keuka lake into seneca. the roads and views are great in this part of the state.

2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
                        82 gs1100L probably the next project
                        1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
                        https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
                        1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

I love the matching R's!!!
                          Jedz Moto
                          1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                          1988 Honda GL1500-6
                          2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                          2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                          2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                          Originally posted by Hayabuser
                          Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

From Ontario, Canada. Niagara Parkway is 55 km of a twisty ride along the water, and nicely shaded by trees.
                            niagara pkwy.jpg
                            Last edited by radek22; 08-08-2016, 11:52 PM.
                            1980 GS1100E

Comment

Evening ride.
                              Swung back into town and down to the beach for sunset.

Surprised to find parking spot up front.

And then the cars on both side left at same time (both open for about 45 seconds), .allowed for me to get back far enough for a full profile shot with no car in foreground

Have More pics In "Stories" section "Sunset" thread.

Last edited by Redman; 08-10-2016, 10:50 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                              GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

In two weeks I'm about to do a 1,000 mile weekend ride yay me lol... It is called Ride for the Clover. It ia a benefit ride for the 4H clubs of New Mexico, this is its fourth year and the turn out has been getting bigger with each year. Boss said I could have that Friday and Monday off yeeehaaa. 600 miles is just getting to Santa Fe and back lol. Here is a pic of the route this year. Clover.jpg

Here is the link for the ride, if anyone in Albuquerque or the surrounding areas would be interested. https://ridefortheclover.nmsu.edu/2016-overview.html
                                sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
                                1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
                                2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Working...
                                X