• Show
Clear All

The lone Suzuki was a V-Twin

sigpic
    09 Kaw C14 Rocket powered Barcalounger
    1983 GS1100e
    82\83 1100e Frankenbike
    1980 GS1260
    Previous 65 Suzuki 80 Scrambler, 76 KZ900, 02 GSF1200S, 81 GS1100e, 80 GS850G

Comment

It doesn't get much uglier than a Sportster trike.
      "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
      ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
      1982 CB900f

Comment

The choice of color doesn't help... Well personally that's on the bottom of my list... At least you'll be seen when you break down on the side of the road!!!
        Jedz Moto
        1980 Suzuki GS1000G
        1988 Honda GL1500-6
        2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
        2020 Honda Monkey Z125
        2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
        Originally posted by Hayabuser
        Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

True that!
          ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
          1982 CB900f

Comment

Rode to my moms tonight to prep a 454 Chevy that is hopefully to be sold tomorrow - guy doesnt want the transmission so I had to pull off the bellhousing and flywheel. Moms is not too far, but far enought to get a little peace inside the helmet - good thing because family drams BS has made the place I grew up and loved one that I now dont particularly like going to. And true to form, my brothers junk was front and center and in the way.

Took a chilly meandering ride home in the chilly night air, and this sissy boy had to turn on the grip heaters.

Quick stop in front of the recently shut down Chevy dealer.
            http://
            sigpic
            When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
            -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
            -Rusty old scooter.
            Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
            https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
            https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Glad your still getting out Glen! I went for my ride in today and it was cold...

Had to de-thaw the bike... Love frost. NOT!

Enjoy your night rides as long as you can Glen!!!
              Jedz Moto
              1980 Suzuki GS1000G
              1988 Honda GL1500-6
              2020 Honda Monkey Z125
              Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

A few comments for the last half dozen posts;
                The Harley riders; WTF will leather chaps do for you in a crash? Don't worry, cause your as has plenty of fat to grind off? Your head is made of bone, so no problem there.
                Dorkburger, another 3-4 paragraphs about your fam and I'd think you were burntkittyforge, PS I like his ramblings.

I took me bicycle for a ride too, Saturday and Sunday. We had a huge bicycle event here Sunday, the Apple Cider Century with 5000 bikes registered. You have your choice of riding a rout from 15 to 100 miles long. A very mixed bag of riders, some serious athletes with primo gear riding the long routs, 100 miles in 6 hours for some of them, WOW! Many miserable chubbies with primo gear. Many one time only riders on bikes adjusted all wrong for their legs. I saw one 60yr old lady killing herself riding 25 miles on a 1950s girls bike, many kids too.
                Me I rode my own rout just 10 miles each way, and was huffing like a whale the 1st 10 miles @ 14 MPH, rode the return leg easy at 12mph. I read that 16mph is considered ok for a novice, HA!
                I'm riding a steel frame 1977 Fuji Sports 10, I just upgraded with all aluminum parts, still weighs in at 29lb, however 19lb is considered average for a decent road bike these days.
                Last edited by Buffalo Bill; 09-26-2016, 09:26 AM.
                "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

You frickin' guys... I had a dream about bicycles last night; I did a tour on a pedal bike of the Adirondacks... Weird...
                  Damn you guys, damn you for being a good influence.
                  Ha!
                  Jedz Moto
                  1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                  1988 Honda GL1500-6
                  2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Justin, it's the next step down from that 250 ...
                    ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                    1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
                      Ha! Yeah... What's up with that? The older I get the more content I get with less and less displacement.
                      Jedz Moto
                      1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                      1988 Honda GL1500-6
                      2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
                        ................. however 19lb is considered average for a decent road bike these days.
                        19lbs and what?....$ 1900 $ 2900
                        I think my daughter's IronMan bike, just the wheels might cost that much (I learned to quit asking years ago).

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                        GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

I did get out for a mo'cykle ride yesterday afternoon. Two hours.
                          Well, only one hour if consider the 15 minute stop at local rugby match, and 45 minute to throw a quick 9 of disc golf.
                          ANyway, main point of posting is to say that I did go for ride and purposely did not stop to take any pictures.
                          Just posting that in case some of you might think that was not possible.

Saturday was going to be an opportunity for a 5 or 6 hour mo'cykle ride, but then revised plans to have the grandkids overnight and for the day. That opportunity will take over about any other plan.
                          And, 5 year old grandson and I went for a bicycle ride together.

That event is one of the top events of the summer for me.
                          So, that is a significant "who went for a ride" for me, anyway.

Last edited by Redman; 09-26-2016, 06:07 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                          GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

I ride a lot of miles on a bicycle every year. Probably around 4,500 or 5,000 miles. Not going to get that number in this year due to the fact that I broke my femur in April. And yes, I broke it riding my bicycle. Here is my time trial bike from my ride yesterday. And "Redman" is right, the wheels do cost that much. I have done one Ironman distance triathlon and if my leg comes right will do another in a few years.
                            1982 GS 550 L

Comment

Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
                              Oh, you're mean CCs not LBs?
                              "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)

Comment

Originally posted by rkroby View Post
                                I ride a lot of miles on a bicycle every year. Probably around 4,500 or 5,000 miles. Not going to get that number in this year due to the fact that I broke my femur in April. And yes, I broke it riding my bicycle. Here is my time trial bike from my ride yesterday. And "Redman" is right, the wheels do cost that much. I have done one Ironman distance triathlon and if my leg comes right will do another in a few years.
                                WOW!
                                One of them carbon bikes I'm sure, like 5-6 lb?
                                Broke your femur in a bicycle crash? Must have fallen off a stone mountain, wow.

Comment

Working...
                                X