anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IMG_1798.jpg
    45 degrees at night and raining? Oh boy, I better ride a motorcycle 90 miles.

A little-known fact is that the throttle lock is actually there so you can warm your hand on the engine before it freezes and falls off...

Comment

Originally posted by Chaz View Post
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]48621[/ATTACH]

A little-known fact is that the throttle lock is actually there so you can warm your hand on the engine before it freezes and falls off...
      Ew....
      and on an unfaired bike.....
      Must have been some occassion .....

Man, you are doing a lot of riding for just having started.

Last edited by Redman; 12-04-2016, 10:04 AM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
      GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Chaz View Post
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]48621[/ATTACH]

Too hardcore for me.
        Sure didn't take you long to get addicted to riding. haha.
        2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

@ Chaz
          Ride safe at night my friend LOL I remember the days when I rode my 750 in the old and all I had was damn EMGO fairing... That cylinder head saved me from frost bite a couple times I think.
          I can't imagine doing big miles on a naked bike.

But I did get some miles on my TUX today!

32' Brisk but took the Tuxman out for a spin!!!

It was laid up for a bit as I chased out electrical gremlins.... FYI I cannot figure out how to install a Tachometer on this thing...

Anyway... Tuned it up with the PC-V I think I got my map just perfect... The bike has a BUTT LOAD of torque now!!!

But don't take my word for it, LOL Pictures speak 1000 words!

1/4 liter fever baby!!! LOLOL

Love my Tuxman SCR250!!!
          Jedz Moto
          1980 Suzuki GS1000G
          1988 Honda GL1500-6
          2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
          2020 Honda Monkey Z125
          2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
          Originally posted by Hayabuser
          Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Justin, for the low $ tach, you can go the fleabay route. Like around $5 and wraps around the plug wire. Have it on the DR and it's good enough to set the idle.
            Took Connie out for about 20 miles today, just to try out my Hippo Hands. They make a big difference in the blocking of wind. That and saves me from putting on grip warmers this year.
            Got to tell you the TUX looks badazz. Nice retro/rat look to it. Seems like the pipe could work as a hand warmer for you.
            Doug aka crag antler

83GS1100E, gone
            2000 Kawasaki Concours
            Please wear ATGATT

Comment

Thanks Doug! I'll look into getting one of those tachs your talking about. I think I know what they look like. I only want it for tuning, the PC-V is a great tool for FI but without a tach its all (educated) guess work when you adjust the maps.

Thanks on comments on the TUX! Hope to get it dirty with you cats at our next rally!!!

Ride safe up there in the mountains!
              Jedz Moto
              1980 Suzuki GS1000G
              1988 Honda GL1500-6
              2020 Honda Monkey Z125
              Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Did a short 80 mile loop with wet roads to begin, then torrential downpour, to dry roads upon return, about 46 degrees.
                Got stuck behind a semi with a full size excavator, touring on a favorite loop. Showed restraint in my early 50's, and followed.
                As I followed, I discovered a kink or something in the throttle cable. when I pulled in the clutch the bike was still moving forward at 2500 rpms or more.
                Pulled over, moved the throttle cable to the other notch of two, and it was a slop fest. My routing must be off or something. Made it home, the bike felt happy
                aside from a super sloppy throttle
                GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

And the video:
                  Jedz Moto
                  1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                  1988 Honda GL1500-6
                  2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Sunny day here...cool though....bike is running great! I had a little mid range stumble....the bike's air box lid was missing so I decided to put one on that I had here....and bingo...no more stumble....smooth all the way to redline!

No signature

Comment

Odd how some bikes just LOVE their Air boxes... Similar issue with the TUX... Went back to the air box and a quick adjustment in the PC-V and presto the stumble vanished...

Glad you enjoying the Cooley... (Although,; blame Ed, I see a L seat every time you post a pic)

It's a gorgeous machine!
                      Last edited by Jedz123; 12-05-2016, 08:34 AM.
                      Jedz Moto
                      1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                      1988 Honda GL1500-6
                      2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

I headed out yesterday afternoon for a few hours and enjoyed the cool desert Southwest. Off to the left horizon are the Sandia Mtns, to the right the Manzano Mtns.

This area was very active with volcanoes and has lots of lava flow. I plan to explore more of the dormant volcanoes in the future. Here's a shot from another ride a few days ago at the edge of a lava flow.

Here's a post office on the Isleta Pueblo south of Albuquerque. Something about it just caught my eye to stop and take a pic.

I chose to delete my initial post about this ride since it was carelessly written.
                        Roger

Current rides
                        1983 GS 850G
                        2003 FJR 1300A
                        Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

I was going to say, where did Burque's post go??? HAHA
                          Your 850 is GORGEOUS BTW!

Hows the weather there as in temperature? I can see the sun isn't as high in the sky for you too.
                          Jedz Moto
                          1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                          1988 Honda GL1500-6
                          2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Thanks Jedz. The 850 desperately needs a bath though. These bikes always look better in pics for some reason.

Its cool here. 20's at night 40's to 50's in the day. Almost always clear skys though!
                            Last edited by Burque73; 12-05-2016, 12:03 PM.
                            Roger

Current rides
                            1983 GS 850G
                            2003 FJR 1300A
                            Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

How far away are those mountains??? I think I'd go crazy with out my mountains...
                              Jedz Moto
                              1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                              1988 Honda GL1500-6
                              2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

You guys are tormenting me.
                                Usually that doesn't happen untill well into January.
                                Brushed heavy snow off my car this morning, and scrapped heavy frost a couple times last week. Which is not too unusual for this time of year here. But somehow the torment is worse. I think this nasty habit of going to work most every day is getting to me.

Trevor,
                                Tell us about Satellite Fish Company (you have shown other fish stores/restaurant(?)/processing(?) before and said was your wifes concern, or maybe yours.).
                                Is there a bigger store somewhere else? or are some fish considered to be of the satellite variety? har har har

... and Split Ferry, ..... ah, er, um, the Ferry Splits, enroute across the ferry splits and each half goes to a seperate place?.... It is a split that you get on and goes across the water...? .... The Ferry ferrys you across the split? .... Oh, I know, is named after ol' man Dudley Split.

Dave

Last edited by Redman; 12-05-2016, 02:14 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                                GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Working...
                                X