X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yer the man mr redman!!
    2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
    82 gs1100L probably the next project
    1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
    1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

18' F or -8'C bit brisk... but grocery get and adventure on the Tuxman

Christmas tree goes up today... Going to need a few brandy and eggnogs.

Happy holidays everyone!
      Jedz Moto
      1980 Suzuki GS1000G
      1988 Honda GL1500-6
      2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
      2020 Honda Monkey Z125
      2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
      Originally posted by Hayabuser
      Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
        Oh, crap, getting ready for bed, and then remember that left bike outside.

Garsch, Trev, Thanks.
        Someone could complain it aint a "go for ride" picture.

Nothing like moving a snow covered bike around in your PJs.

1982 GS1100 G converted by Motorcyclist magazine in 1986 to be a tribute to the Wes Cooley replica. 1982 Honda 900F. 1997 Yamaha VMax.
        Also owned: 1973 Kawasaki Z1 900, 1972 Honda 750 K, 1976 Yamaha XS 650, 1980 Kawasaki KZ 1000 MKII, 1978 Kawasaki SR 650. Current cage is a 2001 Mustang Bullitt in Dark Highland Green. Bought new in Sept. 2001.

Comment

See you got out Justin before the storm moves in. Expecting 6-10" for us. Probably have to wait until next Saturday to pull one of the bikes out.
          Is that thestore with the cow on the roof?
          Always loved that.
          Doug aka crag antler

83GS1100E, gone
          2000 Kawasaki Concours
          Please wear ATGATT

Comment

Originally posted by crag antler View Post
            See you got out Justin before the storm moves in. Expecting 6-10" for us. Probably have to wait until next Saturday to pull one of the bikes out.
            Is that thestore with the cow on the roof?
            Always loved that.
            I heard that too... But I've heard anything from a dusting to a foot. I bet we get a few inches... I blasted 30 miles out on the Connie too today. But it's got a tank full of stabilizer and premium ethanol free. Covered and ready for the next thaw...

Yeah that's the store!... But the Beef Supply is no more. It's a Maplefields now. They kept the cow though, it's still a redneck gas stop but everything is brand new now... Weird in a good way.
            Jedz Moto
            1980 Suzuki GS1000G
            1988 Honda GL1500-6
            2020 Honda Monkey Z125
            Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Finally at 4pm I got a chance to head out for a bit. My wife and I were downtown shopping today and I was noticing how many fantastic murals we have around here. We got the truck home and off I went on the bike. Short ride but really fun going to find these works of art.

Gotta love these classic games.

If I could see a loud sudden noise I imagine it would look something like this.

Behind a music club.

Some local favorites

I set the phone down and ran back to the bike , just kidding. A nice bystander offered to take my pic.

Trippy!

A screen printing shop, alley side.
              Roger

Current rides
              1983 GS 850G
              2003 FJR 1300A
              Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Great pics Burque!!!! Love the murals.....we have a little town not far from here that has lots of them....kind of turned the place into a tourist attraction.
                No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                  Great pics Burque!!!! Love the murals.....we have a little town not far from here that has lots of them....kind of turned the place into a tourist attraction.
                  Thanks Trevor. We get so used to these murals being around sometimes we forget they're there.

I cant believe it was almost 60 degrees today. Beautiful weather and it looks like more is on the way.
                  Roger

Current rides
                  1983 GS 850G
                  2003 FJR 1300A
                  Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
                    Finally at 4pm I got a chance to head out for a bit. My wife and I were downtown shopping today and I was noticing how many fantastic murals we have around here. We got the truck home and off I went on the bike. Short ride but really fun going to find these works of art.

Gotta love these classic games.
                    Love the CLASSICS!!! Coming from a guy that has a 1UP sticker on his bike!
                    Jedz Moto
                    1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                    1988 Honda GL1500-6
                    2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Nice photos

Hey Roger,
                      Love these, strange low sunlight, clear air, lots of color, and NO SNOW!!!
                      Getting a good look at your 850G too, you're like the western Redman.

Just wondering why the lady with glasses? Maybe the owner, or wife?
                      "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                      1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                      1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                      1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Great pics, Burque.
                        Everything you read about street murals say that the "tagging" blight is almost eliminated.
                        Last edited by steve murdoch; 12-12-2016, 08:41 AM.
                        2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Great pics Redman! Since I have been unable to sell my GK yet, maybe I should set it out in the yard and light it up too.
                          Current Bikes:
                          2001 Yamaha FZ1 (bought same one back)

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
                            Hey Roger,
                            Love these, strange low sunlight, clear air, lots of color, and NO SNOW!!!
                            Getting a good look at your 850G too, you're like the western Redman.
                            I'll take that as a compliment! Just similar looking machines I'm sure. When my 850 grows up it wants to be a GK!!!

Found this article about the murals. Not a music club, my mistake.

Brainbow Alley

Photo by Sommer Smith

Lead Artist: Larry Bob Phillips
                            Year: 2015
                            This mural is a “mash-up of high and low culture, art history and comic books” says 516 ARTS. Brainbow Alley, located in an alleyway between 5th and 6th street just south of Central, is a mash-up of skeletons and humans locked in a never-ending battle. Think you recognize someone? You probably do. The artist chose to depict actual people living and working in Albuquerque. Brainbow Alley demonstrates how alleys can be transformed into spaces of creative expression. And you thought you knew everything about this town…

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
                            Great pics, Burque.
                            Everything you read about street murals say that the "tagging" blight is almost eliminated.
                            The Pac Man mural was tagged over recently and replaced with Mario. Tagging is still as despicable as ever!

Roger

Current rides
                            1983 GS 850G
                            2003 FJR 1300A

Comment

Originally posted by ddaniels View Post
                              Great pics Redman! Since I have been unable to sell my GK yet, maybe I should set it out in the yard and light it up too.
                              Har har
                              I challenge you (and anybody else). Just don't leave it out when it is snowing.

The little lights are better at outlining shapes (if take more time and effort than I did).
                              The bigger bulbs (like I used a few years ago) are better at illuminating the bike so can see what it is better.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                              GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

A few of us went out for a Saturday lunch ride, didn't turn out like we were expecting. One of our riders went down at a place we call Dead Mans curve and yes it is called for a good reason. They were very lucky, this could have ended up being deadly for sure. As it was, if they had been wearing safety gear, what injuries they did get would have been largely negated. ATGATT people ATGATT.

sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
                                1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
                                2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Working...
                                X