Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wyly View Post
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]48658[/ATTACH]
    a scooter on our busiest freeway yesterday, -20c, icy and he's still going to work... this section of road is 110km but 130km is not uncommon even in bad conditions and he's riding along with his feet down to stay upright...

The sole bread winner for his family gave up his car because he couldn't afford the insurance... Social media kicked in and a local auto dealer gave him a 2010 Dodge Charger SXT AWD, public donations of $7k cash and food as well.

here's the video http://www.calgarysun.com/2016/12/05...ity-of-support
    That is a great story! Thanks for posting..
    No signature

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
      I have one in my stock... I'll let it go for super cheap(Like pay for shipping and $5)... Might need to fab up some brackets for it but it's yours if you need it!

I LOVE THIS LITTLE BIKE! I rode it in today @ 28' F, Fueling is still a bit wonky but with the Tiny tach installed I'll be able to hone the problematic curves in my map. WOT though, what a riot! I'm truly enjoying the buying "brand new" experience!

Let me know if you want that fairing... It's just soaking up space.
      Thanks, I think I'll take you up on that offer. I'll send you a pm.

a scooter on our busiest freeway yesterday, -20c, icy and he's still going to work... this section of road is 110km but 130km is not uncommon even in bad conditions and he's riding along with his feet down to stay upright...

The sole bread winner for his family gave up his car because he couldn't afford the insurance... Social media kicked in and a local auto dealer gave him a 2010 Dodge Charger SXT AWD, public donations of $7k cash and food as well.

Wow...

Comment

More on the story....

A video of a guy riding a scooter on a snowy Calgary highway has been viewed thousands of times, and helped launch a campaign to get him a safe and reliable vehicle.
        No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
          Nice Feel good read! Thanks for the share to the link!
          Jedz Moto
          1980 Suzuki GS1000G
          1988 Honda GL1500-6
          2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
          2020 Honda Monkey Z125
          2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
          Originally posted by Hayabuser
          Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

what the links can't convey is how dangerous that roadway is for bikes even when conditions are good...it's road to avoid if at all possible, I came within inches of being road kill last month...that this guy did it on a scooter in icy/blizzard conditions is insane...
            1979 CBX, AW440 Maico, GS1150EF

Comment

Duh, was trying to think of my last ride...wasn't exactly a ride though me and group of friends had set up a MSF advanced course class back in Nov. Man that was a blast, everyone did great time and learned a lot about their bikes. There were 11 of us and half were women.
              Eva, Jen, Lee, Eric and Steve. Steve was the only one that dumped his bike...3 times.

Two instructors are on the left, Cindy is between them. Front is Eva and Jen, not pictured is Gwen. Back row is Eric, me (mrbill) another instructor, Lee and Steve in the back.

Jen and Eva...
              Last edited by mrbill5491; 12-08-2016, 06:14 PM.
              sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
              1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
              2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

what the links can't convey is how dangerous that roadway is for bikes even when conditions are good...it's road to avoid if at all possible, I came within inches of being road kill last month...that this guy did it on a scooter in icy/blizzard conditions is insane...
                I know the type of road...no matter how hard we try, I feel none of us will ever come close to being as "badass" as this scooter guy...lol

IMG_1824.jpg
                It was a comparatively idyllic 34ºF when I rode back home tonight...

Comment

Pulled bikes out of the garage into the driveway....

... does that count?

Did not got for ride.

(can see the road in background).

Last edited by Redman; 12-10-2016, 08:30 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                  GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Did not go for ride.

But since had bike out in driveway .....

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

I bought another suzuki today to add to my fleet and may drive it this winter when i get wimpy and want to be in heated compartment. It is a 1987 Suzuki Samurai 4x4. My 68 Honda Cub is my goto winter rig,but this will be fun too, though the Sami makes less hp than the Gs. No snow in the valley but mountains 10 miles away have over 46 inches of snow, temps here in 30 and 40 F with vetter make ride into town perfectly fine on the Gs.

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                        Did not go for ride.

That looks like something from Christmas Vacation and the Griswold's front yard....very festive!

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                          Did not go for ride.

Redman, I love your enthusiasm for your gs!!! You are without a doubt the epitome of what this place is all about!!!
                          i always look forward to anything you post here...because it will always be good and direct to the reason we all joined here in the first place.
                          You better make your azz over here some time!
                          cheers buddy,
                          trevor
                          No signature

Comment

Oh, crap, getting ready for bed, and then remember that left bike outside.

.... ........ ........ .....
                            Garsch, Trev, Thanks.
                            Someone could complain it aint a "go for ride" picture.

Last edited by Redman; 12-10-2016, 11:23 PM.

Comment

Redman, I love your enthusiasm for your gs!!! You are without a doubt the epitome of what this place is all about!!!
                              i always look forward to anything you post here...because it will always be good and direct to the reason we all joined here in the first place.
                              You better make your azz over here some time!
                              cheers buddy,
                              trevor
                              +1

Ditto, on Redman enthusiasm!

Ed
                              GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                              GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
                              GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                              Originally posted by GSXR7ED
                              Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Ditto 2 on Redman. The unofficial GS posterman of the year!

Comment

Working...
                                X