Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]48429[/ATTACH]
    It was 54° this evening, so I took a quick 30 mile jaunt to calm the soul....
    A nearby town has this old patrol car out on display proclaiming 50 years of service- I'm pretty certain that the pictured car is a 64 though.... oh well the average person wouldn't know anyway. ..

Trevor, the S looks great. You guys did a superb job. I would assume the guy you purchased it from is pleased..
    Thanks DB....I have been updating the guy I bought the bike from...he is indeed pleased...he told me he was very close to just parting it out because of title hassles with the DMV.......last week I told him I had a friend going to his town on business "and what is a good restaurant you could recommend"?.....then I called the restaurant and purchased a gift certificate and had them send it to him....I feel it was the right thing to do...he not only was kind to me on the price but he continued to jump through hoops to get me the bike!
    cheers,
    No signature

Comment

Rob and I got out for a little ride and lunch today.....Two classics!!!

No signature

Comment

Winter is upon us and I'm tearing it up on my little scrambler!!!

Jedz Moto
        1980 Suzuki GS1000G
        1988 Honda GL1500-6
        2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
        2020 Honda Monkey Z125
        2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
        Originally posted by Hayabuser
        Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Ichiban Moto? Nice bike.

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
            Rob and I got out for a little ride and lunch today.....Two classics!!!

How are you finding the riding with that seat style?
            '83 GS650G
            '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

Originally posted by BigD_83 View Post
              How are you finding the riding with that seat style?
              It is great. Just as good if not better than my 1100 and 750....no problem making this a long touring bike!
              No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                It is great. Just as good if not better than my 1100 and 750....no problem making this a long touring bike!
                I enjoy the "L" seat on my "T" so I know where you're coming from on the long rides.

Ed
                GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
                GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                Originally posted by GSXR7ED
                Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

rphillips PM'd me a couple of days ago suggesting that the weather today might be pretty good for a ride and that we should take advantage of it. He was right. It was perfect!

He, his old buddy Cecil, and Cecil's boy Steven, and I rode about 140 miles today through some lovely middle TN countryside and up into Scottsville KY for lunch at Earl G Dumplin's.

For this fine day rphillips broke out the newer of his Bandits, Cecil was on his GSX 1100G, Steven had his ZRX, and I got to put a few more miles on my new Tiger.

I didn't get a lot of pictures, but here are a few from our first stop

I didn't know what to expect from a place called Earl G Dumplin's, but I tell you what I did expect: some dumplins. But guess whats not on the menu. Dumplins. Seems they only have 'em on Sundays or something. Don't get me wrong. The food was great. Fresh home cooked meat and three kinda place. I had one of the best smoked pork chops I've ever eaten. And you could tell the green beans were made with real lard. But come on! If the word "dumplins" is in the name of your restaurant, there better be some dumplins on the menu!!!

Steven and I had a ball listening to Cecil and rphillips telling stories about their shenanigans on motorcycles back in the day. Sounds like they were really hell on wheels...and the wheels were 70s and 80s Suzukis, Kawasakis, and Hondas

After lunch we made our back to TN, said our goodbyes, and crossed our fingers that there'd be some more good days like this before the end of the year. I got this last shot in rphillips drive way. Thought the leaves looked nice and the light was about right.

Thanks again Rick for inviting me out and for showing me some more new roads. Looking forward to next time!
                  Current: 2014 BMW R1200GS, 2009 Triumph Tiger 1050, 1996 DR350SE
                  Previous: 2022 GSX-S1000GT+, 2007 GSF1250SA Bandit, 2008 DL1000 V-Strom, 1977 GS750B

Comment

Your Tiger is a beautiful looking bike.
                    Are you tall enough to mount and dis-mount safely?
                    2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

gbw Greg,

Thanks for posting. Yes, your last shot is great. Great pose, great background and real good lighting condition (overcast, no shadows).

And, yes, yesterday may have been "last shot" in other ways also, here especially.
                      (34 degF this morning and raining)

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                      GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

It's still in the 50's here in eastern Ohio, but I know the cold is working it's way here. I was able to get the 850G out yesterday after work. I should have been raking leaves, but the 850 kept saying "come on let's go riding the leaves aren't going anywhere they can wait" So off riding I went. I was riding past a friends house, I saw him out doing yard work (haha) I stopped to say hi. He told me about his 5,800 mile ride he did last summer... I rode slow on my way home, I didn't want the evening to end.☺
                        My Motorcycles:
                        22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                        22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                        82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                        81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                        79 1000e (all original)
                        82 850g (all original)
                        80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
                          Your Tiger is a beautiful looking bike.
                          Are you tall enough to mount and dis-mount safely?
                          Thank you. Yes, no trouble mounting/dis-mounting. I'm 5 8 with a 30 in inseam. And this bike is tall, no doubt about it. Plus the aftermarket seat is a little taller than stock. But I can still touch both feet on the ground if needed...just. But at stop lights I normally put my left foot down and leave my right foot on the brake. Always have. And that works fine.

The only real trouble I've ever had with the height is trying to duck-walk it backwards. Can't do it most of the time. Just have to dis-mount and walk it backwards. But any inconvenience regarding the height is easily ignored once the bike is moving. The 1050 triple is so sweet and it handles like a dream.
                          Current: 2014 BMW R1200GS, 2009 Triumph Tiger 1050, 1996 DR350SE
                          Previous: 2022 GSX-S1000GT+, 2007 GSF1250SA Bandit, 2008 DL1000 V-Strom, 1977 GS750B

Comment

Meanwhile deep in the woods of Vermont a new beast is terrorizing the hunters! (Yeah I had some guys tell me to get out) LOL

This off road exploration is allot of fun!
                            Jedz Moto
                            1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                            1988 Honda GL1500-6
                            2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                            2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                            2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                            Originally posted by Hayabuser
                            Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
                              a new beast is terrorizing the hunters!
                              You put some OR rubber on that thing ?
                              82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
                                Meanwhile deep in the woods of Vermont a new beast is terrorizing the hunters! (Yeah I had some guys tell me to get out) LOL

This off road exploration is allot of fun!
                                Looks like you got yourself a new woods bike there Justin. Only thing it lacks is the suspension travel.

Here's my GS850G doing the country dirt and gravel roads today around here. It's not my KLR, but with that Shinko 705 rear, it's a little more sure footed for a big old piggy bike. This was the smoother section. I'll be wanting to try out your woods bike one of these days. Is the burnt out covered bridge still out of commission? Maybe you can ford the brook with the woods bike?

Last edited by Guest; 11-19-2016, 02:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X