anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OldVet66 View Post
    After some 18 degree weather, it went up close to 80 degrees yesterday. My son and I took a 70 mile ride timed to get home before it rained again. It's back down to a high of 37 degrees today so I don't know when it will be nice riding conditions again, but that's the weather in this area. We don't get a real winter but as long as it stays clear and above 20 degrees riding throughout the winter is possible down here in Newport News Va.
    Thats exactly why I wont put mine away for the winter. It's chilly for a bit but dry roads at least. I would love to ride with my son or even one of my step sons. Someday....maybe.
    Roger

Current rides
    1983 GS 850G
    2003 FJR 1300A
    Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Have not been on a bike in two weeks! Killing me!!! Hopefully this week I'll get out.
      No signature

Comment

More sad news, another one of our group riders here went down last Thursday. Not good news, he sustained massive head trauma and was in surgery for four hours. Still in a coma though struggling to wake up some. No one is really sure what happened, only one wittiness and he is the one that looks like caused the accident. We are not sure what happened, all we know it involved someone pulling a trailer of pipe and drove right in front of him. His head smacked the trailer and had to be airlifted to a level 1 Trauma center in El Paso. We don't know how fast he was going or much of anything else. He had just left a small bike repair shop and 100ft later and no helmet or any other gear.
        sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
        1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
        2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Thats aweful MrBill. Thoughts and prayers for the guy from us here.
          Roger

Current rides
          1983 GS 850G
          2003 FJR 1300A
          Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

I'm sorryMRBill....what's with all the no helmets? For Christ sake.
            No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
              I'm sorryMRBill....what's with all the no helmets? For Christ sake.
              The Harley mentality I guess, 3 of of them are Harley riders. We had one rider on a Goldwing go down a couple months ago, he had his gear on, He had to buy a new helmet because his old one took a pretty good hit on the pavement. Rung his bell some and got a headache though walked away.
              sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
              1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
              2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Originally posted by mrbill5491 View Post
                The Harley mentality I guess, 3 of of them are Harley riders. We had one rider on a Goldwing go down a couple months ago, he had his gear on, He had to buy a new helmet because his old one took a pretty good hit on the pavement. Rung his bell some and got a headache though walked away.
                I hate to say this but I find it hard to show sympathy towards someone that doesn't have the good sense to at the very least wear a helmet. How can an adult make a decision like that. Just stupid imo.
                No signature

Comment

Originally posted by jabcb View Post
                  Shouldn't that license plate start with "NCC"?
                  HAHAHA I think your the first person to notice that. It should, the thing feels warp capable...
                  Jedz Moto
                  1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                  1988 Honda GL1500-6
                  2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                  2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                  2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                  Originally posted by Hayabuser
                  Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Have not been on a bike in two weeks! Killing me!!! Hopefully this week I'll get out.
                    Where are you average temps at these day? It's been Very Very cold for VT lately. Sub -18' C every night... Look forward to see some more DR adventures!

BTW Merry Christmas to you and the family!
                    Jedz Moto
                    1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                    1988 Honda GL1500-6
                    2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                    Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
                      Where are you average temps at these day? It's been Very Very cold for VT lately. Sub -18' C every night... Look forward to see some more DR adventures!

BTW Merry Christmas to you and the family!
                      It's been hovering around 0 for the last two weeks until today. 8 degrees ( 46) and sunny. Average winter temp is 6-8 (42-46) for winter here.
                      merry Christmas to you and yours Justin.
                      No signature

Comment

Got out this morning... how could I not after what we've been dealing with for the past two weeks?!? The only thing that got me through it was being too spastic to properly tie a noose!

2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
                        2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Maybe above 40F and sunny on Christmas eve around here. Might be ridable in the early afternoon after any ice melts off pavement. With yestrday's warm temps and rain and hard freeze last night, there are many boilerplate ice patches to make decent riding impossible...unless you like sliding into snowbanks or oncoming traffic!!

Last edited by Guest; 12-19-2016, 04:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by lurch12_2000 View Post
                            Maybe above 40F and sunny on Christmas eve around here. Might be ridable in the early afternoon after any ice melts off pavement. With yestrday's warm temps and rain and hard freeze last night, there are many boilerplate ice patches to make decent riding impossible...unless you like sliding into snowbanks or oncoming traffic!!

Another Christmas eve ride this year??? It was mid 60's last year and racked over 200 miles. Be nice to take the Connie for a blast sometime this week!!!
                            Jedz Moto
                            1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                            1988 Honda GL1500-6
                            2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

News flash!! Big police chase in Canada today!!

No signature

Comment

News flash!! Big police chase in Canada today!!

Lol, Awesome
                                Jedz Moto
                                1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                                1988 Honda GL1500-6
                                2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Working...
                                X