anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another example of "SOME PEOPLE ARE WEIRD"

Out for my Christmas Day Ride, saw some weird folks.

Saw these guys out ice fishing (the dark spots in the distance)

Man, that looks miserable, out there on the ice, out in the open....
    Jeepers, they must have gone to a lot of effort to be able to stay out there that long.
    Scheesch, dont those guys have any family to spend Christmas with.
    Wonder whats wrong with these guys...?
    Probably some deep rooted physiological problems.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Ha ha. Too fugin fugly to ride. Everything is grey…meh
      "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
      1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
      1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
      1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Dave, it is a good thing you spotted those guys otherwise we never would have heard about anybody like that.
        Deep rooted indeed. haha.
        2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Christmas is a time to be with your loved ones, a time to let them know you appreciate and value them. So I took a loved one out for my annual Christmas Day ride.

2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
          2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

It got up to 53 degrees F today on the coast of Maine, so I took a ride down the St. George peninsula to the Marshall Point lighthouse in Port Clyde. I've been riding all through December, even though it's been colder than usual. I've lost the habit of waving to fellow bikers, simply because I never see them anymore since winter started. But today I passed a guy on a cruiser on my way home, and stuck out my hand just in time.
            I might as well take this opportunity to thank everyone here who has given their time, information, and experience. I came to motorcycles about three years ago. It's been a steep learning curve. But this summer, I finished a successful top end rebuild and made a new wiring harness for my 1978 750, and I couldn't have done any of that without the help of everyone who contributes to this website. Thanks.

ccc.jpg
            K.

1978 GS750E
            1981 KZ440D

Comment

Originally posted by gwyon View Post
              It got up to 53 degrees F today on the coast of Maine, so I took a ride down the St. George peninsula to the Marshall Point lighthouse in Port Clyde. I've been riding all through December, even though it's been colder than usual. I've lost the habit of waving to fellow bikers, simply because I never see them anymore since winter started. But today I passed a guy on a cruiser on my way home, and stuck out my hand just in time.
              I might as well take this opportunity to thank everyone here who has given their time, information, and experience. I came to motorcycles about three years ago. It's been a steep learning curve. But this summer, I finished a successful top end rebuild and made a new wiring harness for my 1978 750, and I couldn't have done any of that without the help of everyone who contributes to this website. Thanks.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]49092[/ATTACH]

Come on.....it's warmer in Maine than Northern California?
              sigpic
              83 GS1100g
              2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Ayuh. But tomorrow will be 37 F. Still going for a ride, of course.
                K.

1978 GS750E
                1981 KZ440D

Comment

IMG_0955 (2).jpg

Hit 60 degrees Fahrenheit for quite a few hours, here in lovely central New Jersey USA on this late December day. Perfect opportunity to enjoy an unexpected " take your bike to work" day. Was especially satisfying, as the bike was runnin like a top. Got down to the 30's by nightfall, and had to put er' back in the shed. If the weather keep providing these intermittent warm days, ( which my gut tells me is likely) I may not need to winterize/store the GS for the season at all.
                  PB
                  Central Jersey
                  82' Suzuki GS750T

"Old school is the best school"

Comment

Lookin' Good PB!!!

Ed
                    GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                    GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
                    GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                    Originally posted by GSXR7ED
                    Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

The weather's been amazing here (mid-70's today). If I hadn't needed to rebuild the recently purchased RS36s I installed on the 1150, I might have been riding ...
                      "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
                      ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                      1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by Pb9717 View Post
                        Nice T Mr PB.

Yah, if you can store it somewhere, and start it every couple weeks, yah, then less need to "winterize/store" it.
                        Do keep tank full. And stable in gas good idea.
                        When start it, I found it best to stand next to the bike, dont sit on it if road conditions don't allow a ride. Is less annoying to stand next to bike when can't ride than to be sitting on it with engine running and cant go for ride.

Nice picture. I cant tell if the Is the road dissapearing into sky or water.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                        GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Been riding quads on the beach and in town in Mexico the last few weeks.
                          1 day on Suzuki, another on a Honda, and most of the time, lately on Can-Am 800 v-twin Rotax.
                          Have to admit, the Honda is a solid reliable machine. Starts everytime, has carried up to 6 people in the sand in the heat for the last 8 years.
                          Mounted a surf rack on it a carried a couple of boards to surf with my son. Got worked surfing, felt like the old man that I am, still fun though.
                          Last edited by Carter Turk; 12-31-2016, 06:02 AM. Reason: missed a word
                          GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

^^^^^^Liking ALL the pics, despite the weather Going to go for a ride today. MC been sitting too long.
                            It was nice day before, and on Christmas. Too busy though. Going to go for spin today ...waxing up the aluminum for salt protection.

I forgot to put a cut plastic bag under each pod filter like last year. Carb seems to evaporate gas out.

Need to move the 10% ethanol / gasoline with stabil blend around...

Seen great write-ups that mention 93 octane is no benefit, BUT the fact is the gas evaporates faster than ethanol AND the ethanol is lower octane AND then the ethanol content becomes higher than 10% while dropping the octane WHILE turning to sticky goo...Need to move the stabil around.

Got to run to rent a car today too. Hoping they have the Chrysler 200. They're phasing them out. Gave me a Hyundai snotta instead last time. It was OK...Chrysler was better. Both got up to 40MPG at 80 MPH according to dash computer. No idea what'll happen when they get old and the funky electronics start going out. Nice rentals though...
                            G'day all.

Comment

Originally posted by Pb9717 View Post
                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]49100[/ATTACH]

Hit 60 degrees Fahrenheit for quite a few hours, here in lovely central New Jersey USA on this late December day. Perfect opportunity to enjoy an unexpected " take your bike to work" day. Was especially satisfying, as the bike was runnin like a top. Got down to the 30's by nightfall, and had to put er' back in the shed. If the weather keep providing these intermittent warm days, ( which my gut tells me is likely) I may not need to winterize/store the GS for the season at all.
                              Beautiful bike! I'm surprised to see only one front brake rotor. Those can't be much lighter than the 850, are they?
                              Roger

Current rides
                              1983 GS 850G
                              2003 FJR 1300A
                              Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
                                Beautiful bike! I'm surprised to see only one front brake rotor. Those can't be much lighter than the 850, are they?
                                Hey Roger,

My "T" weighs just under 500lbs...Less now that I replaced the dual exhaust pipes that weighed about 30lbs and put a light weight V&H/4-1.

Single disk up front hasn't been an issue with me but I have not done too many harsh braking incidents.

Ed
                                GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                                GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
                                GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                                Originally posted by GSXR7ED
                                Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Working...
                                X