No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We finally got some moisture here. It rained most of the day yesterday. Still just above freezing this morning but the humidity was at 150% if that's even possible hehehe. I had the foggiest idea to go for a ride.

The mountains were blanketed by clouds which seemed to crash over like waves in the ocean. Pics don't do justice for how cool this looks.

Finally looking to the west over the city the fog is receding down the Rio Grande valley. Again, much more beautiful inn person.

Now it's time to head to work. Play time is over for a while!
    Roger

Current rides
    1983 GS 850G
    2003 FJR 1300A
    Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
      Well, they look water resistant at least.

I sure like a horse that's being put to work, looking good.
      Rob
      1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
      Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Jedz, stud your tires with hex head sheet metal screws and find a frozen lake to play on. WARNING: they will be dangerous on pavement.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
          Those are Dickies double kneed work pants with flannels underneath! All my pants are heavier then most minus a few pair of plain denims I wear in the warmer months.

I would not be riding in just Khakis... Too cold!

Merry Christmas Steve!!
          Same pants I wear for work, excellent, long lasting and cheap. I crashed in them too at low speed but no abrasion on my hips, no tearing.
          "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
          1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
          1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
          1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
            Same pants I wear for work, excellent, long lasting and cheap. I crashed in them too at low speed but no abrasion on my hips, no tearing.
            Great for food industry. They last a long time. I'm very hard on my clothes so they seem to be the only things I can find that hold up to the abuse...

Glad you were OK but it's good to know they hold up in a low speed slide. I suspected they would for the material they use is very durable.
            Jedz Moto
            1980 Suzuki GS1000G
            1988 Honda GL1500-6
            2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
            2020 Honda Monkey Z125
            2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
            Originally posted by Hayabuser
            Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Dickies make great pants and shirts. I used to wear their stuff when I was a bouncer, and it held up extremely well to all manner of abrasion.
              "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
              ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
              1982 CB900f

Comment

Cold but sunny...about 3 (36)....hard to resist getting out for a ride Xmas eve in Canada...I figure I owe it to my friends and family back in Ontario....lol

No signature

Comment

Nice!!! We're moderating to weather like yours, 'cept we got salt spread on all the the roads. Bad idea to have salt splattered all over aluminum parts.
                  Hope to go riding xmas day and this week!
                  BiL
                  "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)

Comment

Nice!!! We're moderating to weather like yours, 'cept we got salt spread on all the the roads. Bad idea to have salt splattered all over aluminum parts.
                    Hope to go riding xmas day and this week!
                    BiL
                    Yeah Bill, they spread that liquid salt here...brutal! Merry Christmas to you and yours!
                    No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                      Yeah Bill, they spread that liquid salt here...brutal! Merry Christmas to you and yours!
                      Oof that road brine is no fun... Sounds like the Cooley is getting a Christmas day bath!

Merry Christmas guys!!!
                      Jedz Moto
                      1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                      1988 Honda GL1500-6
                      2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                      2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                      2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                      Originally posted by Hayabuser
                      Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

brine is a very effective product. They use it in BC? How odd are they afraid of people skidding off and hitting a palm tree?

Salt does nasty things to bikes rinse well.
                        1983 GS 550 LD
                        2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

Hope to go riding xmas day ....
                          Considering the possibility myself tomorrow.
                          Not that the conditions will be so good (low to mid 30s tomorrow, sloppy wet snow last night), but wife working tommorow, so I have the day to myself.

Oh, not the GK. The GK doesnt take any chance with the road salt.
                          THe Shadow 500.

Last edited by Redman; 12-24-2016, 09:26 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                          GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Thanks guys, it certainly gets a lot of use now...very happy I bought it.

Might have to get a pair of those pants for when I have to wear slacks...normal slacks don't exactly inspire confidence!

Merry Christmas to everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                              Considering the possibility myself tomorrow.
                              Not that the conditions will be so good (low to mid 30s tomorrow, sloppy wet snow last night), but wife working tommorow,
                              My sympathy for her…meh
                              A story my Dad told–Christmas eve the BOSS called in, message to everybody in office: “I'll be in at 5:00PM to wish everybody a merry Christmas” [S-O-a-B]
                              Last edited by Buffalo Bill; 12-25-2016, 12:16 AM.

Comment

Yep, had day to myself.
                                What to do.
                                Played round of disc golf, went to Christmas day church, and then played another round of disc golf. (kinda easy when both at same place).

Then, got home, just a degree or two above freezing.... good enough.... got Shadow 500 out of back corner of garage, and got ready to go for ride.
                                Forgot one of the first rules of gearing up, get key our of pocket first.
                                THen about ready to go, Forgot another of the first rules of gearing up, get ear plugs out of pocket.
                                Then about ready to go, forgot another rule of gearing up, got to bathroom first.
                                Then about ready to go, and see that I havent put the licence plate tab on yet. THought I should do that even though have had several rides without it already.
                                Then about ready to go,

and think that maybe I should shovel away end of the drive way where the plow pushed back the shoulder into driveway . . . . naw, it will be okay, dont want another delay.

Made it out of the driveway okay.

Headed out of town, along the Grand River.

Then back into town,
                                saw this. Stopped and let bike idle for a while, while took picture, maybe occupant might see that actaully was a bike out

and down by the beach.

Had a good hour and a half ride. (would have been 20 minutes without the heated gloves).

Comming back in the driveway, make it okay, just was not going in direction I was intending... but made it.

Last edited by Redman; 12-25-2016, 08:16 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                                GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Working...
                                X