anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bobgroger View Post
    Had to try out the new (to me) black '83 exhaust. Not perfect, but rust free and pretty darn nice for 34 years old and $200. (Thanks Willie!)
    Much quieter, but still means business. Seems quicker, I will verify at the drag season opener March 18 weather permitting....

In my opinion, Much better looking than aftermarket 4>1, any brand!!!
    "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
    1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
    1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
    1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Totally agree with BB. Beautiful looking bike. I want one of those.
      Larry

'79 GS 1000E
      '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
      '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
      '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
      '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

Had to try out the new (to me) black '83 exhaust. Not perfect, but rust free and pretty darn nice for 34 years old and $200. (Thanks Willie!)
        Much quieter, but still means business. Seems quicker, I will verify at the drag season opener March 18 weather permitting....
        Great looking bike. You guys aren't insinuating that it's the bike Fred had a get off on right?
        The photos look like you're riding near Enumclaw or Kanaskat?
        GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

Cold but in the upper 30's went for a good hour plus ride after work Yesterday... The TUX is always a champ!

IT needs to be warm again... Did hit my first 1K miles for the season... Connie has been the primary stead for that though...

Nice to go out and BRAAAap!
          Jedz Moto
          1980 Suzuki GS1000G
          1988 Honda GL1500-6
          2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
          2020 Honda Monkey Z125
          2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
          Originally posted by Hayabuser
          Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Thank you for saving it from an unknown but probably brutal future Trev
            And 2 markups from free along the way....
            Each mark-up came with improvements... Trevor got it running for me, and I threw a bunch of parts and labour into it for you. The free bike wouldn't have made it from my place to yours under its own power.

Originally posted by Carter Turk View Post
            Great looking bike. You guys aren't insinuating that it's the bike Fred had a get off on right?
            The photos look like you're riding near Enumclaw or Kanaskat?
            Nope, it's the one that passed through my hands between Trevor and Bob.
            2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
            2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

I went for a ride today in rural Scotland

DSC_0125.jpg

I love this bike

Comment

Originally posted by Lyra View Post

[ATTACH=CONFIG]50105[/ATTACH]

I love this bike
                And where are the pics for the ride? This a visual bunch here lol.
                sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
                1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
                2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

is the photo not showing up?

Comment

Yes, very clean bike too!
                    That landscape is gorgeous!
                    "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                    1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                    1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                    1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Just the one of the bike, nothing on the country side. Let me rephrase that, More of the countryside lol.
                      sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
                      1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
                      2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Yes a very nice bike !. The weather here is getting better, still cold after sunset brrrrr.
                        My bikes 79 GS1000 1085 checked and approved by stator the GSR mascot and 77 GS750 with 850 top end, GS850g, and my eldest sons 78 GS550, youngest sons GS125. Project bike 79 GS1000N

Comment

Beautiful, sunny day here in Tennessee... Only my second time out since we moved here.

Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                          '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

I love this bike
                            I went for a ride today in New Scotland. (NY)

Comment

I love this bike
                              Ahhhh, rural Scotland. Love the backdrop. Thanks for sharing.

Ed
                              GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                              GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
                              GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                              Originally posted by GSXR7ED
                              Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Baatfam, that looks like some beautiful country to ride in. It reminds me of riding around near my aunt's in Central Pa, where many of the nice roads meander up and down following valleys and creeks.
                                sigpic
                                When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                                -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                                -Rusty old scooter.
                                Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                                https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                                https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Working...
                                X