anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe, .. maybe this weekend... .

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

road to work today clear skys at 715 am by 945 we were under a tornado warning and the whole dealership closed down for a solid hour haha
      I build Pipers

Comment

We have had 3 sunny days since October
        KOMO 4 TV provides news, sports, weather and local event coverage in the Seattle, Washington area including Bellevue, Redmond, Renton, Kent, Tacoma, Bremerton, SeaTac, Auburn, Mercer Island, Bothell, Shoreline, Lynnwood, Mill Creek and Everett.

SO far April is no better. Did get out for a short ride a couple days ago.
        sigpic
        09 Kaw C14 Rocket powered Barcalounger
        1983 GS1100e
        82\83 1100e Frankenbike
        1980 GS1260
        Previous 65 Suzuki 80 Scrambler, 76 KZ900, 02 GSF1200S, 81 GS1100e, 80 GS850G

Comment

Originally posted by thebrandonbeezy View Post
          road to work today clear skys at 715 am by 945 we were under a tornado warning and the whole dealership closed down for a solid hour haha
          Do you not have a seat?
          1980/1981 GS450 - GS500 Cylinder + Piston Swap - "De-L'ed", custom seat, CB350 bits, 18" rear, etc.
          1977 GS550
          1977 GS750 - Cross country trip thread

Comment

No, i shortend it and im still making one. Mostly procrastinating the heck out of it
            I build Pipers

Comment

I have foam cut and a pan made, just need to do mounts and wrap it up
              I build Pipers

Comment

Re-geared the TUX, It was a nice day to ride yesterday... Today I'm soaking on the Connie!!!

Then I made video for my TUX brothers for they wanted to see how the bike would react with a 14T front sprocket swap.
                Jedz Moto
                1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                1988 Honda GL1500-6
                2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                Originally posted by Hayabuser
                Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by bobgroger View Post
                  We have had 3 sunny days since October
                  KOMO 4 TV provides news, sports, weather and local event coverage in the Seattle, Washington area including Bellevue, Redmond, Renton, Kent, Tacoma, Bremerton, SeaTac, Auburn, Mercer Island, Bothell, Shoreline, Lynnwood, Mill Creek and Everett.

SO far April is no better. Did get out for a short ride a couple days ago.
                  Yikes, and I was feeling bummed out for not seeing the sun for like 10 consecutive days. Finally got some sun today with more on the way. Might see plenty of it from here on as the predicted high for the weekend is to be mid to upper 70's. About time!!!!
                  Larry

'79 GS 1000E
                  '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
                  '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
                  '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
                  '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
                    Re-geared the TUX, It was a nice day to ride yesterday... Today I'm soaking on the Connie!!!
                    What kind of difference have your performance mods made to the bike? Really noticeable? Slightly noticeable? Be interesting to know what your seat-of-the-pants dyno has to say.
                    2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
                    2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Hayabuser View Post
                      What kind of difference have your performance mods made to the bike? Really noticeable? Slightly noticeable? Be interesting to know what your seat-of-the-pants dyno has to say.
                      I'm guessing I've unlocked 4hp if I'm lucky. HAHA But yes it's noticeable on a 18hp bike. Since the bike is setup for on/off road (scrambler) I definitely added more mid range grunt, especially with the DRZ400 Mid pipe, porting and port matching the head for the DRZ pipe and PC-V tuning. Bike is great on the back,dirt,fire,access, class-4 roads with loads more pull from5-8K RPM vs stock. Also way more pull for exiting turns vs stock in the twisty stuff 40-55mph. 0-60 is in the 8-9 second range (dependent on incline and wind ) which is quicker then a stocker TUX (0-60 11.4 seconds stock). The bike use to run out of steam at 7500RPM now it can pull right to 9K RPM. I guess it's fair to say the bike is more linear in power till about 8300RPM then it starts to taper off but the drop off in power is gone in the upper revs, the modifications I made definitely give you an extra 1000rpm of usable power vs a stock TUX. I can pass cars that are going under the speed limit now (50mph or less) and the bike will hum right along at 65mph, flat out it will get to 75mph/ 80mph with the oversized 700's, heavy duty tubes and jacked suspension, which is fast enough for me.
                      Last edited by Jedz123; 04-08-2017, 10:26 AM.
                      Jedz Moto
                      1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                      1988 Honda GL1500-6
                      2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                      Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

I'm guessing I've unlocked 4hp if I'm lucky. HAHA But yes it's noticeable on a 18hp bike. Since the bike is setup for on/off road (scrambler) I definitely added more mid range grunt, especially with the DRZ400 Mid pipe, porting and port matching the head for the DRZ pipe and PC-V tuning. Bike is great on the back,dirt,fire,access, class-4 roads with loads more pull from5-8K RPM vs stock. Also way more pull for exiting turns vs stock in the twisty stuff 40-55mph. 0-60 is in the 8-9 second range (dependent on incline and wind ) which is quicker then a stocker TUX (0-60 11.4 seconds stock). The bike use to run out of steam at 7500RPM now it can pull right to 9K RPM. I guess it's fair to say the bike is more linear in power till about 8300RPM then it starts to taper off but the drop off in power is gone in the upper revs, the modifications I made definitely give you an extra 1000rpm of usable power vs a stock TUX. I can pass cars that are going under the speed limit now (50mph or less) and the bike will hum right along at 65mph, flat out it will get to 75mph/ 80mph with the oversized 700's, heavy duty tubes and jacked suspension, which is fast enough for me.
                        Sounds like a success!

Suzuki is so missing the boat with the TU250... they should have a factory Scrambler version as well as a Cafe Racer by now, there's no excuse! The sales are strong, we deliver a good number of these every year, but I think that they could be even stronger by investing in the model line. Every year it's one available colour, no optional equipment. Yeah it's cheap to buy but how much extra would it cost them to install a different shaped exhaust or a set of clubman bars? Maybe even offer two colours at the same time?

This year they're aping the Moto Guzzi style with the tank and sidecover graphics... looks great but just grey and black? Where's the V7 Racer chrome gas tank? Note to self: buy TU250X and get gas tank chromed.
                        2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Hayabuser View Post
                          Sounds like a success!

Suzuki is so missing the boat with the TU250... they should have a factory Scrambler version as well as a Cafe Racer by now, there's no excuse! The sales are strong, we deliver a good number of these every year, but I think that they could be even stronger by investing in the model line. Every year it's one available colour, no optional equipment. Yeah it's cheap to buy but how much extra would it cost them to install a different shaped exhaust or a set of clubman bars? Maybe even offer two colours at the same time?

This year they're aping the Moto Guzzi style with the tank and sidecover graphics... looks great but just grey and black? Where's the V7 Racer chrome gas tank? Note to self: buy TU250X and get gas tank chromed.
                          100% agree with you on this!! they should offer more then 1 color and vary the styling but use the same platform, instead, we get the Van Van...
                          OR offer a TU400X!
                          This bike is phenomenal, the power plant is a bit restricted from the factory, with head work, larger valves, larger Throttle assembly the motor could be a real heavy hitter for power however I know they went small to hit that 70MPG/EPA friendly market. However I love the bike through and through and it's quiet literally my go to now.
                          If you were closer I'd let you borrow it for a bit, it's truly a blast to ride, I quite often find myself laughing and smiling as I ride it.
                          Oh as for a chrome tank... I have been begging a friend of mine to part with his chrome Hondaka tank, I'd make it work with the fuel pump...

Cheers Dave!
                          Jedz Moto
                          1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                          1988 Honda GL1500-6
                          2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

100% agree with you on this!! they should offer more then 1 color and vary the styling but use the same platform, instead, we get the Van Van...
                            OR offer a TU400X!
                            This bike is phenomenal, the power plant is a bit restricted from the factory, with head work, larger valves, larger Throttle assembly the motor could be a real heavy hitter for power however I know they went small to hit that 70MPG/EPA friendly market. However I love the bike through and through and it's quiet literally my go to now.i
                            If you were closer I'd let you borrow it for a bit, it's truly a blast to ride, I quite often find myself laughing and smiling as I ride it.
                            Oh as for a chrome tank... I have been begging a friend of mine to part with his chrome Hondaka tank, I'd make it work with the fuel pump...

Cheers Dave!
                            I saw a nice metallic copper color TUX in the back of truck in KY today. Custom paint or a new color offering?

Comment

OR offer a TU400X!
                              This bike is phenomenal, the power plant is a bit restricted from the factory, with head work, larger valves, larger Throttle assembly the motor could be a real heavy hitter for power however I know they went small to hit that 70MPG/EPA friendly market. However I love the bike through and through and it's quiet literally my go to now.

Cheers Dave!
                              My first bike was a 1972 Suzuki T250. Was tons of fun. Perhaps a predecessor to your TU250X.
                              Was about the same weight but with a short 51-inch wheelbase. Quick up to 60mph but then slow to the 90+ top speed.

The T250 & T500 were big sellers. So perhaps a twin-cylinder TU500X might do well too.

Comment

Originally posted by lurch12_2000 View Post
                                I saw a nice metallic copper color TUX in the back of truck in KY today. Custom paint or a new color offering?
                                2016 only colour... really nice, especially under the bright sun!
                                2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Working...
                                X