No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

While i like the pic of the kitchen and the flooring what we really needed was a pic or 2 of the shop/garage. haha.
    Good luck with the purchase.
    2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

I wonder what that place will cost to heat...

Comment

Originally posted by B.C.G.S. View Post
        I wonder what that place will cost to heat...
        With the wood heat? Likely not as much as we are paying for our house now. $400 a month likely, tops.
        Jedz Moto
        1980 Suzuki GS1000G
        1988 Honda GL1500-6
        2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
        2020 Honda Monkey Z125
        2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
        Originally posted by Hayabuser
        Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Looks like a great house!! With the exception of the front porch, everything looks straight. Conventional mortgage? FHA will be tricky with all that peeling paint.

Tire tracks on the lawn usually indicates either a septic check or new install?

Good luck, looks like a solid home.

Comment

Originally posted by Vmass View Post
            Looks like a great house!! With the exception of the front porch, everything looks straight. Conventional mortgage? FHA will be tricky with all that peeling paint.

Tire tracks on the lawn usually indicates either a septic check or new install?

Good luck, looks like a solid home.
            Good to know. We are looking into a construction loan to bring the house up to snuff... I'm treading in some unknowns on this. All in all we are getting into this house for very little coin.
            Jedz Moto
            1980 Suzuki GS1000G
            1988 Honda GL1500-6
            2020 Honda Monkey Z125
            Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Nice shot Dave!
              sigpic
              83 GS1100g
              2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
                Good to know. We are looking into a construction loan to bring the house up to snuff... I'm treading in some unknowns on this. All in all we are getting into this house for very little coin.
                I was going to mention a renovation mortgage, also known as a 203k. The paperwork may seem daunting and the key to a successful project is to find yourself a general contractor with a substantial amount of 203k experience. Don't be surprised if you get a lot of "not interested" responses from contractors. Many contractors stay away mainly because of the payment structure, which is no up front money.
                The contractor receives payment via a draw after a specific task is completed and following an inspection by a 203k consultant who is assigned by the bank. For example, a 100k renovation budget would typically have up to 6 draws.

I would suggest a complete home inspection by a qualified inspector prior to getting the contractor involved.

I suspect your real estate agent and bank will put pressure on you to quickly find a contractor following your accepted offer. Please proceed at a reasonable pace. Calling 10 contractors asking for "estimates" is not going to yield you the best contractor. What you are looking for is a contractor who will work with (not for) you in getting your home to the condition you would like to see it, as well as in acceptable condition for bank requirements.

Pricing: If you RE agent told you what you should expect for pricing specific projects, you should probably forget that info. A good General contractor appreciates a reasonable profit and is entitled to be paid for his work.

A lot of 1st time homebuyers go through sticker shock. Mainly because they have talked to people who use contractors that don't work completely above board, which allows them to come in at a cheaper price. The bank will/should require that your contractor is fully licensed, registered and insured. Based on the age of the house, the contractor should also be EPA RRP certified and perform all work according to their requirements.

Comment

Eating up twisties with my XG.

It is a BLAST!!!!

This 750 motor is a GEM!
                  Jedz Moto
                  1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                  1988 Honda GL1500-6
                  2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Wow!

Jedz, you are one busy man! Nice house and your fiance looks very happy...maybe not on the ride/lol! Good luck on the sale as well as the future work on your home. VERY BLESSED.

Ed
                    GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                    GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
                    GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                    Originally posted by GSXR7ED
                    Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
                      It was a very good day.
                      That it was Bob. Hard to believe we didn't get a single picture!

I put 107 miles on my DR350 today playing a tag game. First 30 miles was on the Interstate. Very surprised that the little DR350 actually hit 80. Even a little faster downhill . The last 20 miles were in a pretty good shower so now I know it runs in the rain. Lots of fun roads in between these two tag pictures.

This little bike really brings out the hooligan in me...

Current: 2014 BMW R1200GS, 2009 Triumph Tiger 1050, 1996 DR350SE
                      Previous: 2022 GSX-S1000GT+, 2007 GSF1250SA Bandit, 2008 DL1000 V-Strom, 1977 GS750B

Comment

Originally posted by gbw View Post
                        That it was Bob. Hard to believe we didn't get a single picture!

I put 107 miles on my DR350 today playing a tag game. First 30 miles was on the Interstate. Very surprised that the little DR350 actually hit 80. Even a little faster downhill . The last 20 miles were in a pretty good shower so now I know it runs in the rain. Lots of fun roads in between these two tag pictures.

This little bike really brings out the hooligan in me...

It looks very flat where you are. Do you not have hills in central Tennessee?
                        Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                        '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Some pictures from camping over the weekend on my GS450:

Found this dirt road covered in snow:

I think I might have been a little to eager with the camping in April. Dropped below freezing around 2am.

Getting ready to try to make it back down the hill:

Broke down somewhere in the Hudson Valley:

It was my `Ignition' (Toggle) switch. Vibrations killed it and cut my power so I had to take it apart and reassemble (twice actually). A guy on a BMW stopped to make sure everything was okay but I was back up in ~20 minutes or so.

Did a good 400 miles but I wish it was more.
                          1980/1981 GS450 - GS500 Cylinder + Piston Swap - "De-L'ed", custom seat, CB350 bits, 18" rear, etc.
                          1977 GS550
                          1977 GS750 - Cross country trip thread

Comment

That's the way to do it!!!!
                            Bummer you had to fix it in public, gonna hurt GS resale values in your area for the rest of the year…
                            "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                            1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                            1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                            1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
                              It looks very flat where you are. Do you not have hills in central Tennessee?
                              Bob...we do have some hills here in the middle of the state. But also we have a few of these areas that are known as "level." These are the flat places you notice. You might remember this "level" geographical feature from your time in Illinois. West of here (Memphis) is even flatter!

For those that have yet to visit's Bob's new place in Knoxville TN, here is my representation of parking on his driveway... It's so hilly there he's forgotten what level ground looks like!

Previous: 2022 GSX-S1000GT+, 2007 GSF1250SA Bandit, 2008 DL1000 V-Strom, 1977 GS750B

Comment

Originally posted by sam000lee View Post
                                Some pictures from camping over the weekend on my GS450:

You sir are KILLIN' it! Well done. When they say, "Life is good," this is what they are talking about

Comment

Working...
                                X