Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by limeex2 View Post
    And then comes winter....
    Yes, that IS an awful price to pay, isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
      oooops, back to the drawing board.
      I'm seeing these ok if that's the "?"....I'm On firefox with the fix posted by Batfaam here:

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...fox-and-Chrome!

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
        Yes.
        Tread pattern specifically.
        Rectangular patterns and/or a grove around the center contribute to that. (I base this on years of having to ride over a grated bridge local to here, and other comments have seen posted.)
        Guess that's why, or one reason, Bwringer was calling these tires "evil". I just got used to them and rode till they were done. Haven't started shopping for replacements yet but will soon.
        Roger

Current rides
        1983 GS 850G
        2003 FJR 1300A
        Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Got out with mu son last Saturday to Rte 30 west of Chambersburg, Pa.
          IMG_2144.jpg

Comment

Stopped near Tuscarora Summit on Rte 30 at a favorite local biker restaurant. Gorgeous day to be out.
            IMG_2147.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Gorminrider View Post
              I'm seeing these ok if that's the "?"....I'm On firefox with the fix posted by Batfaam here:

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...fox-and-Chrome!
              I used the "fix" for Firefox and was able to then see all my old posted pics. Yes!
              Submitted the 2 new pics and could see them. Yes!
              Came back to the site the next day and the Photobucket logo images were back. Nuts!

No doubt, operator error somewhere. haha.
              2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

I hope you guys don't mind but, I took the liberty of brightening up your pictures to see what they looked like when brightened up a little. Redmans bike popped like I hoped it would but, jedz had a pretty hard sun blast behind it that I couldn't get past. Anyway, I hope you guys don't mind.
                It's something I've always thought about every time I looked at the pictures, I love sunrise and sunset pictures.

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                Riding to work most every day last couple weeks.

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
                I've been exploring new route options into work... Found one that works really well, I'm grabbing a steady 100-130 miles in... I come out to some awesome views of the sun rising over the Green Mountains...

I
                Now that the house is done and paid for and my hunny do list is dwindling I have a feeling August is going to be my biggest month!!! It usually is...

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Comment

Interesting that the details are there. But, overall, doesnt look like a sunrize.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                  GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Moonlight Ride

"Penetrate the evenin' that the city sleeps to hide"

Morrison's lyrics running through my mind tonight!
                    Attached Files
                    Roger

Current rides
                    1983 GS 850G
                    2003 FJR 1300A
                    Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Cool...
                      Back when I was in my late teens and rode BMX freestyle, there was a magazine I read called Freestylin'.
                      There was an article titled "while authority sleeps" that detailed guys riding at night, goofing off, and getting into a little mischief. I still ocassionally think of that article when I'm out on the cycle at night.
                      sigpic
                      When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                      -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                      -Rusty old scooter.
                      Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                      https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                      https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Your proximity to that street sign, the full moon, and your putting those elements together in your head at that moment make it a really cool shot. Nice bike too! I prefer your color scheme to that on my '81 850.

Comment

Thanks for comments guys. Nice night to ride for sure!
                          Roger

Current rides
                          1983 GS 850G
                          2003 FJR 1300A

Comment

Had a meeting in Knoxville yesterday afternoon so rode over in the morning on I-40. After the meeting I spent the evening with Mr & Mrs BAATFAM sampling bourbon whiskey from BAATFAM's bourbon library as he calls it. Had a great time visiting with them and enjoying their hospitality.

Took the long way home from there today. A late night sampling bourbon forced a later than planned departure so I eliminated the Foothills Parkway from the route. Still I got to ride 129 through Deal's Gap and the Cherohala Skyway into Telico Plains, then down to Reliance, and a few more back roads home.

Was a very nice 300 mile day and I had a great conversation at a gas station in Telico Plains with a guy riding an 08 BMW GS.

I only took 1 picture during the day, but of course if you ride across The Dragon you'll get your picture made if you want it or not.

Crummy cell phone pic from the Deal's Gap store

Slightly less crummy photo from the Dragon

Another from The Dragon
                            Last edited by gbw; 10-04-2017, 12:02 AM.
                            Current: 2014 BMW R1200GS, 2009 Triumph Tiger 1050, 1996 DR350SE
                            Previous: 2022 GSX-S1000GT+, 2007 GSF1250SA Bandit, 2008 DL1000 V-Strom, 1977 GS750B

Comment

Sounds great Greg.
                              Got to see BATTAFAM and his new mocykle parking area.
                              I suppose Foothills Parkway is a fair trade for Cherohala.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                              GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
                                oooops, back to the drawing board.
                                Hopefully on to Flickr and goodbye to Photobucket.

2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Working...
                                X