anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

G rated wardrobe malfunction

I got out early today on the bike to do a couple of errands. By the time I got to Lowes it was time to get rid of some coffee. After taking care of business, I buttoned my pants, but not without a bit of trouble. I walked away, but something wasn't right. I looked down and found my riding pants button buttoned in my jeans buttonhole....
    sigpic
    When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
    -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
    -Rusty old scooter.
    Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
    https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Bike Blessing I went to with some fellow members. I ended up putting over 400 miles on the Harley yesterday!

Early Start, 6:30AM... Brisk

Had breakfast with Pillage and Crag-Antler and then headed up to Bartlett for the bike blessing

Crag-Antler led most of the rides. Thanks for showing us how to circumnavigate Conway traffic!!!!

Pillage's awesome CB750 and sidecar setup!

Afterward I hung out and had a "whiskey" and ginger ale with Pillage and caught up... Very nice to see him!

Awesome day to RIDE and see some of the NE GSR family!!!
      Last edited by Jedz123; 04-30-2017, 08:51 PM.
      Jedz Moto
      1980 Suzuki GS1000G
      1988 Honda GL1500-6
      2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
      2020 Honda Monkey Z125
      2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
      Originally posted by Hayabuser
      Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

I was able to take the 850 out for a spin today. I did the western Pennsylvania loop. It was warm with scattered thunderstorms. I didn't get hit with any rain, but I rode on some wet roads. I did a little off road riding but nothing to crazy... I love my 850☺
        Attached Files
        My Motorcycles:
        22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
        22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
        82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
        81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
        79 1000e (all original)
        82 850g (all original)
        80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Its great to see all the bikes in this thread and fun being had riding.

I went to knock on the neighbors door today. Lol

The headwind all the way to the border killed my gas mileage. After getring lost in the boonies for a while near Gallup, NM I headed down to El Malpais national monument.

I seem to be very fond of getting away from paved roads and really need to look into getting a dual sport bike again.
          Roger

Current rides
          1983 GS 850G
          2003 FJR 1300A
          Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

And another nice picture I thought I'd add... It had just rained in the area.
            Attached Files
            My Motorcycles:
            22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
            22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
            82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
            81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
            79 1000e (all original)
            82 850g (all original)
            80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Took the 1260 out for its first trip today. The rain slowed down enough to go to the gas station. Nothing fell off, and the cop I went past at 6k in second gear didn't look up.

sigpic
              09 Kaw C14 Rocket powered Barcalounger
              1983 GS1100e
              82\83 1100e Frankenbike
              1980 GS1260
              Previous 65 Suzuki 80 Scrambler, 76 KZ900, 02 GSF1200S, 81 GS1100e, 80 GS850G

Comment

That's the exhaust from the blue '83, although it appears somewhat shorter now... how did the cop not hear that pipe?!?
                2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
                2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

That's the pipe. And it's still just as loud. It's not shorter, the swingarm is longer. I was sure I was going to get a lecture at the minimum, but nope
                  There are Busa parts on there, let's see if you can find them. The Blue '83 has OEM black exhaust now.
                  sigpic
                  1983 GS1100e
                  82\83 1100e Frankenbike
                  1980 GS1260

Comment

I drove on that road a few years ago and I didn't see that rock. Nice picture!
                    sigpic
                    83 GS1100g
                    2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Originally posted by bobgroger View Post
                      That's the pipe. And it's still just as loud. It's not shorter, the swingarm is longer. I was sure I was going to get a lecture at the minimum, but nope
                      There are Busa parts on there, let's see if you can find them. The Blue '83 has OEM black exhaust now.
                      The rearsets are obviously Hayabusa, front calipers are the same Tokicos that the Gen1 bikes had too, along with the mastercylinder... can I guess that the pistons in the engine are also Heavy Bus parts?

Bike looks the business, I really like it.
                      Last edited by Hayabuser; 05-01-2017, 12:28 PM.
                      2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
                      2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Im going to have to agree with Dave. Im typically not a big fan of the lunchbox bikes, but this one looks great.
                        sigpic
                        When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                        -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                        -Rusty old scooter.
                        Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                        https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                        https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by Hayabuser View Post
                          The rearsets are obviously Hayabusa, front calipers are the same Tokicos that the Gen1 bikes had too, along with the mastercylinder... can I guess that the pistons in the engine are also Heavy Bus parts?

Bike looks the business, I really like it.
                          Rearsets.. Everything else is Bandit. Pistons are Wiseco according to PO. One of the common problems upgrading the swingarm is rear brake linkage clearance. Best fix for me was just to move everything outside the frame rails. Few holes in a plate made the adapters, shift linkage hooked right up with minor rod length adjustment. But this is not a build thread. I will report back on the riding experience. Should be OK for riding the 3 miles to the drag strip.
                          sigpic
                          1983 GS1100e
                          82\83 1100e Frankenbike
                          1980 GS1260

Comment

Definitely the rearsets. Mine are off a Busa too.

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
                              Im typically not a big fan of the lunchbox bikes, but this one looks great.
                              I agree on both counts! Cheers Bob!
                              sigpic
                              83 GS1100g
                              2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Bike looks nice, but the pipe looks like it'll drag in right handers, right below that screw in line with the Yosh logo.
                                GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

Working...
                                X