anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Carter Turk View Post
    Bike looks nice, but the pipe looks like it'll drag in right handers, right below that screw in line with the Yosh logo.
    I can tell you from experience that it will do exactly that. Or it did when it was on my 80 GS1100E restomod...

IMG_1664 copy.jpg
    2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
    2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Broke 1000 Miles on the Harley yesterday.

Love this bike:

Jedz Moto
      1980 Suzuki GS1000G
      1988 Honda GL1500-6
      2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
      2020 Honda Monkey Z125
      2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
      Originally posted by Hayabuser
      Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Sounds like you're enjoying the Harley 750 Street Rod Justin...You'll need a pair of these now...

I went out for an hour test ride on my daughter's new bike, a 2000 ZR-7. Fun, light bike with good ergos, handling and power for the streets, and a 250 mile tank range. It could use a 6th gear if doing a lot of 80 mph highway cruising. But it begs to hit the secondary roads. These bikes didn't get good reviews when they first came out but I'd put it on a par with my SV650 for fun and capabilities, maybe quicker with more top end. The ZR-7 is smoother than my old GS850G and 100lbs lighter. You can't always trust the professional reviewers. It came with a new set of Metzler sneakers and a fly screen.

Last edited by Guest; 05-03-2017, 08:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
          I was able to take the 850 out for a spin today. I did the western Pennsylvania loop. It was warm with scattered thunderstorms. I didn't get hit with any rain, but I rode on some wet roads. I did a little off road riding but nothing to crazy... I love my 850☺
          Sooooo​,

You're riding an 850! Good on ya!

Ed
          GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
          GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
          GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
          Originally posted by GSXR7ED
          Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Originally posted by GSXR7ED View Post
            Sooooo​,

You're riding an 850! Good on ya!

Ed
            Yeah, the 1000 is getting prepared for its big summer adventure.👍 .... 36 more days till its adventure starts☺
            My Motorcycles:
            22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
            22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
            82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
            81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
            79 1000e (all original)
            82 850g (all original)
            80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Originally posted by lurch12_2000 View Post
              Sounds like you're enjoying the Harley 750 Street Rod Justin...You'll need a pair of these now...

I went out for an hour test ride on my daughter's new bike, a 2000 ZR-7. Fun, light bike with good ergos, handling and power for the streets, and a 250 mile tank range. It could use a 6th gear if doing a lot of 80 mph highway cruising. But it begs to hit the secondary roads. These bikes didn't get get good reviews when they first came out but I'd put it on a par with my SV650 for fun and capabilities, maybe quicker with more top end. The ZR-7 is smoother than my old GS850G and 100lbs lighter. You can't always trust the professional reviewers. It came with a new set of Metzler sneakers and a fly screen.

I'll Pass on the boots! They were legitimately disappointed I didn't buy 1 piece of Harley apparel when I got my Street-Rod.

Nothing like riding a standard naked bike... The 750 class is the Goldilock zone motorcycles... Great machines to just blast around on. You can't get into too much trouble on them but they are no slouches either.

Steve I go on vacation in a couple weeks 5/12-5/21 when are free? I have to do some moving but I need to ride on this time off too... Going to be around if I swing through you neck of the woods? I'm planning on a 250 adventure... And a good blast with the Harley.
              Jedz Moto
              1980 Suzuki GS1000G
              1988 Honda GL1500-6
              2020 Honda Monkey Z125
              Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Blasted out another 100 wet miles; 50 on the TUX, 50 on the Connie....

This little 250 is an Awesome little DS rig... I plan on doing some more work to make it a tad more comfy for long distance runs. Nice to sneak up into dirt roads and find gem views like this...

Got back to the house and tagged team the Connie... Wet blast but the I came across these spectacular views and colors when the sun broke... This folks is what riding a motorcycle is all about.

SO Happy... So Glad winter is over... Life, you may now resume!
                Jedz Moto
                1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                1988 Honda GL1500-6
                2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
                  Blasted out another 100 wet miles; 50 on the TUX, 50 on the Connie....

This little 250 is an Awesome little DS rig... I plan on doing some more work to make it a tad more comfy for long distance runs. Nice to sneak up into dirt roads and find gem views like this...

Got back to the house and tagged team the Connie... Wet blast but the I came across these spectacular views and colors when the sun broke... This folks is what riding a motorcycle is all about.

SO Happy... So Glad winter is over... Life, you may now resume!
                  Nice...couldn't ask for a better photo op and ride than that! I sent you a PM.

Comment

Gorgeous day for a ride, here in Eastern Tennessee.

Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                    '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Bob, you need to send some of that gorgeous weather up here!!! Brutally brisk yesterday and I rode into work this AM in 20' temps...

I did freeze some but grabbed another 70 miles or so after work yesterday. I'm killer stressed with work AND buying a house...

Went down to the lake (Champlain) and had a few moments staring across to Ticonderoga... Helped some, went home and there were more documents to sign and information to fetch... Plus the Cell was crammed full of work related issues...

I need a vacation.
                      Jedz Moto
                      1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                      1988 Honda GL1500-6
                      2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
                        Bob, you need to send some of that gorgeous weather up here!!!
                        Sure, I've got lots of empty boxes...But it is only going to be 71ºF today, and rain coming in this afternoon.

I'm killer stressed with work AND buying a house...
                        Yah, I get that. That was me last fall...But I came out the other side with a nice house, and no job worries, (Yet!).

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post

Yah, I get that. That was me last fall...But I came out the other side with a nice house, and no job worries, (Yet!).
                          I can't wait till it's done, we are in the process of buying a foreclosed house (saving $40-50K) but the headache is horrid.

We are coming into Commencement and Reunion season, flat out time for work... 100's of events and people to manage... Come June 11th the madness just stops and I'm looking at 5 weeks of vacation over the summer.... Can't wait!
                          Jedz Moto
                          1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                          1988 Honda GL1500-6
                          2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Finally got a good ride in today. Running alphabet roads in the Durand Wi. area. Found lots of new roads, most had no stripes. 7.5 hrs, 262 miles and got 49 mpg. It was 70+degrees and a great day to finally get a good day in the saddle.
                            Attached Files
                            Current Rides: 82 GS1100E, 00 Triumph 955 Speed Triple, 03 Kawasaki ZRX1200, 01 Honda GL1800, '15 Kawasaki 1000 Versys
                            Past Rides: 72 Honda SL-125, Kawasaki KE-175, 77 GS750 with total yosh stage 1 kit, 79 GS1000s, 80 GS1000S, 82 GS750e,82 GS1000S, 84 VF500f, 86 FZR600, 95 Triumph Sprint 900,96 Triumph Sprint, 97 Triumph Sprint, 01 Kawasaki ZRX1200, 07 Triumph Tiger 1050, 01 Yam YFZ250F
                            Work in progress: 78 GS1000, unknown year GS1100ES

Comment

I found this little 5 mile road, just 23 miles from my the driveway at our new house. I've been down it twice this week.

No pictures, just some video...Hopefully that is OK.

Comment

I couldn't join in for more than the meet up and g'day, but had a bit of a gathering for a bike show up at the usual cafe yesterday morning so there was a good Kat turnout.

1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                                1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Working...
                                X