No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charmayne and I rode down to Dogma's house this evening when she got done with work to pick this up:

A casing for a replacement voltmeter (inserted) on my bike. The work he does with his 3D printer is just beyond extremely impressive.

She's not ready to ride at night yet so we left her bike there and she rode home on the back of mine. The temperatures dropped far enough and the wind was just strong enough that I wish I had put the shell on my jacket (Alter Ego 3.0). We'll head back down tomorrow after she is done with work to get her bike.
    Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
    1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
    2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
    Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
    and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
      Well Steve that picture I posted was my 850g. The tacho on your 1000 works great. Right now I'm preparing the 1000 for a 5,000 mile road trip I have planned. Also wait till you see the new wheels that are going on it. I think you'll like it. Don't be such a stranger check in more often. Also post some pictures, we all like pretty women. ☺
      Good! I've kept up with the progress on all the upgrades you have done! Always loved the GS1000E's I've had, perfect blend of power and handling. The pretty women, ah yes, and you'd be amazed that most ride motorcycles down here, more out of necessity than anything else. It's a basic means of transportation down here, motorcycles are everywhere, mostly one lunger crotch rocket types under 200 cc. Have not seen any GS's, but just about everything else though.
      sigpic
      Steve
      "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Comment

Went for 155 mile ride on Sunday, to see if any surf was cracking on this point.
        It's probably around 100 miles inland from the coast, but can produce epic surf when the swell direction is correct.
        Had a few memorable days here, with overhead surf and 75 yard + rides.
        I guess that would equate to a beyond great ride on a twisty piece of tarmac.
        GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

Originally posted by Carter Turk View Post
          Went for 155 mile ride on Sunday, to see if any surf was cracking on this point.
          It's probably around 100 miles inland from the coast, but can produce epic surf when the swell direction is correct.
          At first I thought it was snow covered mountains, but realized the cloud cover behind the mountains gave it that effect. Beautiful shot! I hope to get out there in September, but I won't have the bike.

Comment

Originally posted by Carter Turk View Post

that wouldn't happen to be chuckanut would it? I know there's several turnouts that overlook the bay. or is that deception pass?

Comment

skunk #2 finally sees the light of day. i've had this bike in the cellar for probably 3 years now. picked at it from time to time. finally got it together and dragged it outside. it fired right up and runs smooth. the motor, and the whole bike is pretty much a basket case from a few different baskets.

once i get the tank and seat done i will have twin skunks. skunk #1 (also known as skunk les pew)

2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
              82 gs1100L probably the next project
              1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
              https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
              1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

Originally posted by 60ratrod View Post
                that wouldn't happen to be chuckanut would it? I know there's several turnouts that overlook the bay. or is that deception pass?
                It's a secret. Not really, and I figured since this is a motorcycle forum my photo and comments would be safe.
                Getting closer with second guess.
                GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

Charmayne, Cheyenne, and I headed out on what was supposed to be a 100 mile ride today but had to cut it short due to a couple of concerns I had during the ride. We had fun though and Charmayne said her cheeks hurt from the smile she had on her face. We headed east towards Corwin bridge stopping on the far side this time to take advantage of a wider parking area. Then headed south for a bit to come back towards what some of us affectionately call Bellbrook Gap but turning for the garage before we got there. 53 miles in all today

Corwin Bridge from the other side

And both girls

1981 GS550T - My First

Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die

Comment

Boy that looks fun, Cowboy. Corwin Bridge could be on post cards, beautiful spot!
                    Roger

Current rides
                    1983 GS 850G
                    2003 FJR 1300A
                    Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

I put 450 miles on my Toyota pickup today as I went to collect my college student for the summer. Sure wished I was riding instead.

That route is fun on a bike but incredibly boring in a car. Eating sunflower seeds and flipping through radio stations to stay awake. Neither of which are possible or necessary while riding.
                      Roger

Current rides
                      1983 GS 850G
                      2003 FJR 1300A
                      Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
                        Charmayne, Cheyenne, and I headed out on what was supposed to be a 100 mile ride today but had to cut it short due to a couple of concerns I had during the ride. We had fun though and Charmayne said her cheeks hurt from the smile she had on her face. We headed east towards Corwin bridge stopping on the far side this time to take advantage of a wider parking area. Then headed south for a bit to come back towards what some of us affectionately call Bellbrook Gap but turning for the garage before we got there. 53 miles in all today

Corwin Bridge from the other side

And both girls

Amazing having a pair of daughters following you and sharing your hobby!!!
                        "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                        1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                        1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                        1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Thank you guys; it sure is a lot of fun riding with them.

1981 GS550T - My First

Comment

Hey all, I was speaking with Trevor via email. He asked me to say hi to the guys so... Hi from Trevor.
                            sigpic
                            When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                            -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                            -Rusty old scooter.
                            Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                            https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                            https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
                              .............. Charmayne said her cheeks hurt from the smile she had on her face.
                              And hearing that that makes me smile !

Great.

Good pics too.

Dave

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                              GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Rode a little bit today. To mom's for a happy mother's day coffee then to church with my wife. Lunch afterwards at Einstein's Bagels, then home. Was a little windy but still nice for riding.

Here's our church.

Roger

Current rides
                                1983 GS 850G
                                2003 FJR 1300A

Comment

Working...
                                X