No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changed the oil and filter, stripped off the windshield, bags and luggage rack and went for a 50 mile ride with my wife today on the GS. Over 90F this afternoon, but I'm used to 40-50 degree riding weather up here. I don't use my mesh gear too often. Then after a stop at the auto parts store we checked in on the Triumph dealership at National Powersports. The old GS850G looks similiar to the black with gold Thruxton they had and about the same 850cc size. I think my bike would look good on the retro showroom floor. Here is the GS back home under my 100 year old apple tree.

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by Guest; 05-18-2017, 03:43 PM.

Comment

This is the entrance to the 750-acre park a mile from my house.
      I rode through it on the way home from a well-visit to my doctor. My doc is about my age (45). She asked me how things were going, I told her real good now that my motorcycle is running again. She asked what I had and then said she thinks 650 is a great size, and she used to have a subscription to Motorcycle Mechanics or something like that. One more reason my doc is super cool, although she chooses not to ride because she doesn't want her kids to be motherless.

"I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

Nice. After some health issues, my uncle asked his doc if he could fly. He told my uncle as long as it's not off of his motorcycle, sure.
        sigpic
        When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
        -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
        -Rusty old scooter.
        Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
        https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
        https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Well... went for a ride today... didn't end so well. Started hearing a clunking as I was pull into my street. Looks like I have to start tearing things down to inspect.

Comment

Finally got the winter project out for a ride...
            Attached Files

Comment

Charmayne and I grabbed a quick 20 mile ride around the block then to her school for her Band Banquet. Afterwards, she had her first night time ride and did pretty well especially since it wasn't quite planned (banquet ran longer than I think it was expected to). She gets her diploma on Sunday and we are hoping it won't rain so she can ride to it and the Blessing of the Bikes

Last edited by cowboyup3371; 05-18-2017, 11:37 PM.
              Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
              1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
              2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
              Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
              and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Another view...
                Attached Files

Comment

I think I remember your project, but that was a few years ago? Your double headlight fabrication looks so familiar.
                  Very nice results!!!
                  "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                  1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                  1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                  1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

I had a chuckle at the pre-fill up question here.

Roger

Current rides
                    1983 GS 850G
                    2003 FJR 1300A
                    Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

200 miles on the Harley-Davidson. Rode around the lakes (Champlain and George). It was a very nice day to blast although it hit 100' yesterday and my house was 90+ when I got back. Tying to decide what bike and where today... Oh I love vacations, TUX? Connie? XG? More miles to grab too many vessels to choose
                      Jedz Moto
                      1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                      1988 Honda GL1500-6
                      2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                      2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                      2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                      Originally posted by Hayabuser
                      Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

This was done this winter...well sorta done...never done done. Glad you like it...i love this bike. It has given me the opportunity to get back in the shop and get my hands dirty. So you must be referencing another bike but now I want to see it if you can find a thread for it.

Comment

sigpic
                          When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                          -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                          -Rusty old scooter.
                          Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                          https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                          https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

No pictures, but my wife and I rode 60 miles today, some lovely roads we'd never been on before, and the hometown of Chuck Yeager. Right on.
                            "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

Went out for a ride to Tanto National forest. Didn't do the whole Apache trail loop as I am still working out some issues but the bike performed flawlessly.

Comment

great day finally here on the CT/NY border in the Quaker hill area...
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X