anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boriqua View Post
    That bike looks so nice .. right up until I look at that thinly padded seat! I had the 1200 roadster in ORANGE which was basically a 1200 sporty with flater bars and the foot controls were under your feet and not out ahead of you. Believe I bought it in 2003. It was actually a blast to ride and make noise with although it was still incredibly top heavy. Of the Harley's I have had I would take that one back in a heartbeat.

If I knew that my wife would let me out on the bike alone .. yea yours would be at the top of the list. Looks fun!
    It's a unique bread, 1200 with a one off crank and heads. The pegs are like a FZ or a Bandit, perfect. I'm looking at upgrading the seat down the line however I have done a +300 mile day with it and was completely comfortable. Highway pegs help big time. This is the seat I'm looking at:

I'm not into the huge V-twins or cruisers so I actively avoided Harley for the longest time. They got me hooked with the Street-Rod... Now I'm on a XR Sporty... I was intending to keep the Street-Rod for a while but severe hip issues developed from riding it (Ride a Street-Rod and you'll know why). Bummer because I LOVED the motor... The Sporty though is more fun, louder and just a brasher. Great bike to rack and ride on.
    Jedz Moto
    1980 Suzuki GS1000G
    1988 Honda GL1500-6
    2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
    2020 Honda Monkey Z125
    2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
    Originally posted by Hayabuser
    Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

" When the snow flies ".? Um, the snow has already flew. My snow blower is officially parked in front of the bikes in the shed. Enjoy yourselves.
      2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
      82 gs1100L probably the next project
      1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
      https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
      1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

Originally posted by Eli69 View Post
        " When the snow flies ".? Um, the snow has already flew. My snow blower is officially parked in front of the bikes in the shed. Enjoy yourselves.
        That means you get the snow machine ready!!!
        Jedz Moto
        1980 Suzuki GS1000G
        1988 Honda GL1500-6
        2020 Honda Monkey Z125
        Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Doubt there is going to be any riding today. It's black sky, raining and about 50 deg.
          All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Got out for a few miles after dinner to run some old meds to the hospital's drop box and then made my way home via an indirect direct route. Threw some stabil in and parked it in the garage but am hoping I'll be able to get out some between now and full riding season again
            Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
            1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
            2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
            Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
            and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Nice. I still need to top mine off and do the Sta-bil ride.
              sigpic
              When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
              -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
              -Rusty old scooter.
              Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
              https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
              https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
                ................ Threw some stabil in ............
                Ew, Yah.
                Should do that. Maybe be out only a couple more occasions < < h e a v y s i g h > >

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                  It will be back up around 50 this weekend, I might get the last few miles needed to roll over 30,000 on the odometer.
                  Well, I got in the required miles today, but it's going to be warm enough this weekend, I'll probably ride to church.

sigpic
                  mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                  hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                  #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                  #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                  Family Portrait
                  Siblings and Spouses
                  Mom's first ride
                  Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                  (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Yes, I rode today and with the wind out of the northwest gusting to over 35mph , there were times when I thought I might scrape the pegs just to keep the bike upright in a straight ahead motion.

My Honda does not usually get the non-ethanol gas and sta-bil during the winter as I can usually take it out at least once per month during this frozen time. When I do take it out, I usually can get between 100 and 200 miles to really clean things up.

My GS on the other hand is almost put away for the winter since I need to do some top end work and repainting. I would like to get just 200 more miles on it to end the year at 7K. Not too bad for trailering it to some crooked roads on 4 different occasions.
                    Larry

'79 GS 1000E
                    '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
                    '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
                    '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
                    '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

It was a bit cloudy yesterday but it stayed nice and dry, had a few extras for our usual Saturday morning Katana ride. Yep, that's 7 Katanas out being ridden, and the glorious part of that is it's not that unusual to see a good number of Kats out together around here. Can never have enough

We also had a bit of a switch around with one swapping his Kat for another's 1100G outfit so he could bring his daughter along, and I got to swap the 450 for the popup Kat that's front and centre in the second pic.

I'm still grinning

Untitled by starpoint73, on Flickr

Untitled by starpoint73, on Flickr
                      1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                      1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

I did about 7 miles, human powered.

IMG_20171125_131517608.jpg
                        "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
                        ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                        1982 CB900f

Comment

Did a 100 mile putt about loop around the town this afternoon.
                          All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Brisk one today in the Mountains!

I wasn't the only one out riding... Sugarbush is in full operations, the looks i got from the flatland tourists was priceless!!!

I passed a Floridian today when it was snowing doing a 35 in a 50. He was nervous when i flew by him in his AWD Subaru on my 1WD MC!

It was a nice little blast, 110ish miles.
                            Jedz Moto
                            1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                            1988 Honda GL1500-6
                            2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

So cool, Justin. I hate getting stuck behind tourists. Those Subarus go just as slow here when it's 80 (like today).
                              "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
                              ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                              1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
                                So cool, Justin. I hate getting stuck behind tourists. Those Subarus go just as slow here when it's 80 (like today).
                                I'm pretty sure you join the 10 under club when you buy any new Subaru or Prius...
                                Jedz Moto
                                1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                                1988 Honda GL1500-6
                                2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Working...
                                X