No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's a real working olive farm, and they sell all manner of olive based products along with running a cafe that uses many varieties of olive oil in the recipes.

It's worth it to come for a tour, too.

IMG_20170813_104516431.jpg
    "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
    ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
    1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
      It's a real working olive farm, and they sell all manner of olive based products along with running a cafe that uses many varieties of olive oil in the recipes.

It's worth it to come for a tour, too.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]52316[/ATTACH]

You're preaching to the choir. I'd be like a kid in a candy store.........
      Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
      Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
      1983 GS 750

Comment

I always look around when I'm there. Today, on the way out, I tried the jalepeno-stuffed olives and a vermouth soaked variety-after chicken and waffles for breakfast.
        ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
        1982 CB900f

Comment

Your bike deserves a big picture.
          http://GS 1150
          sigpic
          When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
          -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
          -Rusty old scooter.
          Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
          https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
          https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by jabcb View Post
            Have a few more pics in a Flicker album: https://flic.kr/s/aHsm6gS9s7

You might like the GT380 project I just finished. Had wanted to take it but a second test ride that’s 70 miles is a bit risky.
            Great photos Jabcb, Suzuki smokers are a soft spot for me too. Had a new black GT380A when I was 17 yrs old, happy days!
            -Mal

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." - B. Banzai

78 GS750E

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
              Your bike deserves a big picture.
              http://GS 1150
              Glen, you rock!
              ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
              1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
                Rode to a late breakfast at the Queen Creek Olive Mill today. It poured rain last night and the night before, but the morning was crystal clear.
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]52315[/ATTACH]
                Very nice looking bike! I'm about 10 minutes away from the olive mill down in STV. Right now I'm riding my 2016 Triumph Thruxton 900. I have an 83 GS1100E that is under construction.

Comment

I used to live out in STV, off Hunt Highway. I still ride through on my way down to Tucson when I go.
                  ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                  1982 CB900f

Comment

Went for a 10 mile ride on the ES at 4:45 am to watch Motogp at a friends house.
                    First rain here in about 2 months, but just a little drizzle, now sunny in the low 70's.
                    The finish was worth waking up that early.
                    GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

Because Charmayne was kicked by one of our horses Friday and is suffering from some very sore ribs, we decided not to head out on the bikes together today. Instead, I had my first ride in Ohio with my horse Lou and only the second in about 6 years. I have a lot of work to do with her but I'll try to figure out how to spend as much time with her as do on my GS.

Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                      1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                      2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                      Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                      and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Did about 150 miles today with a couple of Harleys...

Comment

Nice. I was going to text you about taking a ride this evening, but the day got away.. plus you were out anyway I see.
                          sigpic
                          When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                          -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                          -Rusty old scooter.
                          Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                          https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                          https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

We took NM-14, aka the turquoise, trail from Cedar Crest up to Santa Fe. Cloudy and pretty cool day made for nice riding. Made it just in time for dinner at a local favorite, Blakes Lotaburger. Their double lotaburger with bacon, cheese, and green chile is among the best around. That and some seasoned fries washed down with a strawberry shake, ummm ummm good!

Came home the same way but my wife wanted to detour up to the top of Sandia Crest. I love that ride and she had fun on the twisty road too. We saw a few deer on the road heading up. Made it to the top just after sunset. Amazing how cold it was up on the hill, at least 20 degrees cooler than in town. A very enjoyable ride for us both.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Burque73; 08-14-2017, 12:31 AM.
                            Roger

Current rides
                            1983 GS 850G
                            2003 FJR 1300A
                            Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

A couple minutes on one of my favorite roads, Stoney Creek Rd., this morning testing out my new camera. It took me a while and help from some of the guys here to figure out how to embed the video.

sigpic
                              1983 GS1100ES (Bought July 2014)
                              1983 GS1100E (Bought July 2014)
                              1985 GS700ES (Bought June 2015) Sold
                              On Christ the Solid Rock I Stand
                              All Other Ground is Sinking Sand

Comment

Originally posted by allojohn View Post
                                Great photos Jabcb, Suzuki smokers are a soft spot for me too. Had a new black GT380A when I was 17 yrs old, happy days!
                                I bought a new black GT380A when I graduated college.
                                Switched to 4-cylinder 4 strokes in the 1980s. Now as a collector, those quirky old two strokes have character.

Comment

Working...
                                X