X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Redman View Post
    Good.
    Did it go okay?
    Bike felt a bit "wiggly" at first but we gelled very quickly. The T-Rux can dance when she's asked!

About halfway through the ride, I felt a bit dizzy (been fighting a vertigo-like ailment since June!) but it quickly passed. It really felt good to be back out on a bike, I've missed it!
    2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
    2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

35degF this morning, so no ride then.

Had a couple hours on house project this afternoon, then out for a ride later in afternoon.
      45 degF.
      Was okay with riding pants and liner back in jacket.
      Although might need to get out the heavier gloves before too long.

Thinking that Jedz measures his rides in multiples of 50 miles.
      I take note of how many interesting things I see or experience.
      Fall color not developing much. But did find color with other fall related things.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
      GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Don't know if this really qualifies as "going for a ride", since I did it all in my car, but I spent three days exploring northern Michigan last week. Here is a link to my Flickr album for anyone who's interested.

After eight years in Michigan, I figured it was time to explore the northern part of my state!

Comment

Very nice, thanks. Of course the old truck and Shell stuff caught my eye first.
          sigpic
          When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
          -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
          -Rusty old scooter.
          Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
          https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
          https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by MI GS850G guy View Post
            ........................................ but I spent three days exploring northern Michigan last week. ................./
            Goodheart (Tunnel Off Trees?) Yah, that is northern Michigan (lower peninsula).
            Pentwater, Shelby, Ludington -- ah, looking further north than Muskegon/Norton Shores eh?
            Was expecting to see some of the M22 towns; Manistee, Frankfort, Empire, Leelanau.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Went out looking for "harvest" stuff
              My area has many sprawling Mennonite farms. Many of them set up stands along the road for their young children to mind. This one is closed because it's Sunday. I drove by it when I was out riding yesterday. It was raining lightly then so I didn't stop. Today when I went back, a very pregnant young Mennonite mother (no pic out our respect) was walking down the lane from the farm house when I pulled up and shut off the bike. She beamed with pride when she told me this was a project for her children (she didn't say how many but its usually a bunch). The shot is kind of a 1/2 of a full panoramic. It show the farmhouse, buggy, all the pretty colored pumpkins/gourds, some small calf shelters and barns in the background, and of course, my GS. I like how the turn signal becomes just another pumpkin.
              Rich
              1982 GS 750TZ
              2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
              Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                Goodheart (Tunnel Off Trees?) Yah, that is northern Michigan (lower peninsula).
                Pentwater, Shelby, Ludington -- ah, looking further north than Muskegon/Norton Shores eh?
                Was expecting to see some of the M22 towns; Manistee, Frankfort, Empire, Leelanau.
                This was not officially "retirement planning" - as Norton Shores and Kalamazoo are. This was just a three day driving tour of a part of Michigan I had never seen before. There is LOTS more to explore, so Manistee, Frankfort, Empire, Leelanau etc. will have to wait for another trip.

Comment

Originally posted by MI GS850G guy View Post
                  ..............There is LOTS more to explore, so Manistee, Frankfort, Empire, Leelanau etc. will have to wait for another trip.
                  I say "M22, on your bike."
                  That ride will have an effect on your "retirement planning".

Last edited by Redman; 10-14-2018, 05:22 PM.

Comment

I did go riding, but my most interesting ride came in my Mustang. I was passing a guy on the left, that was turning right. I put on my signal to get back into his lane and looked in my side mirror. Here comes this guy doing at least 70 on his bike (speed limit 35) in that lane. I veered back into the left lane, and came to a light. He's wearing what looked like capri pants, deck shoes (no socks) and has his hair up in a head band. God, I wanted to pull over and smack him. Had he hit my car, trust me, I would have had tons of pictures. lol.

1982 GS1100 G converted by Motorcyclist magazine in 1986 to be a tribute to the Wes Cooley replica. 1982 Honda 900F. 1997 Yamaha VMax.
                    Also owned: 1973 Kawasaki Z1 900, 1972 Honda 750 K, 1976 Yamaha XS 650, 1980 Kawasaki KZ 1000 MKII, 1978 Kawasaki SR 650. Current cage is a 2001 Mustang Bullitt in Dark Highland Green. Bought new in Sept. 2001.

Comment

Originally posted by Deuce View Post
                      I did go riding, but my most interesting ride came in my Mustang. I was passing a guy on the left, that was turning right. I put on my signal to get back into his lane and looked in my side mirror. Here comes this guy doing at least 70 on his bike (speed limit 35) in that lane. I veered back into the left lane, and came to a light. He's wearing what looked like capri pants, deck shoes (no socks) and has his hair up in a head band. God, I wanted to pull over and smack him. Had he hit my car, trust me, I would have had tons of pictures. lol.
                      Had he hit you going 70 MPH, you wouldn't have HAD to smack him.

I had something kind of similar happen to me here in MI several years ago. I was entering the exit lane from I-94 - complete with a turn signal - and just happened to glance into my rear view mirror (even though if people were following the stripes on the road, there's no way there could have been anyone behind me). Here comes this guy - going a lot faster than me - who thought it was OK to pass me on the shoulder and into the exit lane. If I hadn't looked, he would have hit me. I wanted to do a lot more than smack him, that's for sure!

Comment

150 miles on in the past 2 days... Mostly rain and cold but the old Yamaha I brought back from the grave is running great!

Jedz Moto
                        1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                        1988 Honda GL1500-6
                        2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                        2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                        2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                        Originally posted by Hayabuser
                        Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Jedz
                          that Yamaha brings back great memories. I learned to ride when I was 12 on a bike exactly like this one. (mine was abused and not near as nice looking)
                          Rich
                          1982 GS 750TZ
                          2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
                          Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

I love this little bike! Tomorrow I plan to ride it into work and take the back-roads all the way in... It will do 60-65mph but it's working to do it. It's in it's elements at 50mph or less... This enduro riding is contagious, it's my first "dirt" type motorcycle and I just love exploring trails and class 4 roads. The Drum brakes get heat soaked too easily on long declines and there is some oddness to it but the bike handles VERY well for it's age, it's the first year of the mono shock. I may upgrade to a 175cc kit for It has me looking for more power and I hear the 125 and 175 were the same bike minus the motor displacement.
                            Jedz Moto
                            1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                            1988 Honda GL1500-6
                            2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                            Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

I bought a 1990 DR650S a few years ago to start doing some dual sport riding....just to fool around a bit. Loved it so much that I bought a 2016 DR650S last year...Last year did the Washington BDR on it....6 day ride through country side and mountains....this weekend me and some buddies are doing an over nighter up island.
                              No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                                I bought a 1990 DR650S a few years ago to start doing some dual sport riding....just to fool around a bit. Loved it so much that I bought a 2016 DR650S last year...Last year did the Washington BDR on it....6 day ride through country side and mountains....this weekend me and some buddies are doing an over nighter up island.
                                That's awesome!
                                My buddy is trying to convince me to buy a DR650, I rode his and I really like it! I need to take a look at my heard and do some more liquidation this coming spring to streamline for next year. May sell a combination of the, DT, GSX-650F, Bandit and GS300 to get funds for a DR650. I like it that much.
                                We will see, the DT is such a blast! Going through the woods on a motorcycle is wicked awesome! Since the bike is identical to a 175 (including bottom end) I may do a 175cc conversion over the winter, I will no longer be looking for the added power and 85mph is fast enough on a little bike like that!

That 2-stroke sound is also addicting as all hell!
                                Last edited by Jedz123; 10-16-2018, 11:51 AM.
                                Jedz Moto
                                1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                                1988 Honda GL1500-6
                                2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Working...
                                X