anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by B.C.G.S. View Post
    No ride today. Just laid on the couch all morn watching tv. No pics of me in my tighty whiteys.
    Thanks.......
    sigpic
    When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
    -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
    -Rusty old scooter.
    Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
    https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by ddaniels View Post
      Nice pic Dave. Ever wonder what those gaseous streaks in the sky are? Think about it, a stream from the exhaust of an airplane should theoretically evaporate immediately. Why are they still hanging around?
      Alien invaders from another universe.

Those trails like that seem to be apparent only on rare days. Maybe some specific condition of wind and temperature and humidity and barometric pressure and then sun in some direction. Maybe Mr. Tom tkent02 knows. (Or maybe he will say, "I dont know. Planes like that do not have rear view mirrors.")

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
      GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Those white streaks that jets leave are "contrails" and are composed almost entirely of ice crystals. The atmospheric conditions have to be just right, and the water vapor which is a byproduct of combustion freezes immediately.

Meanwhile it was a lovely day (still is!) in my tristate area to ride with the bride. Highway 243 between Ironton and Proctorville, OH is a real nice road that we like to hit if we just want to spend 90 minutes on the bike. I stopped for a drink of water and thought "Might as well take a picture; I haven't taken one yet today!" And while we were stopped at this intersection, a tattooed, bearded, young hillbilly stopped in his rusty pickup truck and asked if we were okay, making sure we weren't stranded. "Biker code," I told my wife. I thought it was a very kind thing to do. Thank you, stranger!

Water break, might as well take a picture! Rte 243 in OH, couple miles from Huntington WV
        "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
          Alien invaders from another universe.

Those trails like that seem to be apparent only on rare days. Maybe some specific condition of wind and temperature and humidity and barometric pressure and then sun in some direction. Maybe Mr. Tom tkent02 knows. (Or maybe he will say, "I dont know. Planes like that do not have rear view mirrors.")

Dave, me thinks you're right under the flight path between Chicago and NYC, Boston.
          "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
          1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
          1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
          1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

We have all seen trails with the naked eye but since we are playing .. I am a photography buff. Love it since I got my first camera that took a bulb you screwed into a metal hood for flash. In that lighting the shutter speed would be way slow and accentuate any and all movement and really accentuate the trails.

Still ... its an awesome photo and looks like a wonderful ride to work!!

Comment

Today I met some folks from the Middle TN Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives thread on ADV Rider for a lunch ride. Four of us gathered in Lebanon Cedars State Park (about 17 miles north of me) and rode a bunch of back roads to end up in Nolansville TN (about 30 miles west of me) for lunch at a greasy spoon. Then 5 more met us at the restaurant. The 5 later arrivals had come from as far as Peducah and Knoxville.

Made around 100 miles today. Hot and lots of traffic on the roads (eclipse traffic?). If it hadn't been for the company it wouldn't have been much of a ride.

Here is the 1 picture I took today. This is in front of the fine-dining establishment prior to the 5 latecomers arriving.

Right to left: KLR250, my Tiger, and 2 Super10s. The remaining folks arrived on 3 BMW GS, 1 KLR650 (I didn't recognize it at first because it didn't have a milk crate bungeed to the luggage rack), and big KTM (990 I think). About what you'd expect from an ADV Rider gathering. Mine was the only bike that hand't spent any time off-road.

Current: 2014 BMW R1200GS, 2009 Triumph Tiger 1050, 1996 DR350SE
              Previous: 2022 GSX-S1000GT+, 2007 GSF1250SA Bandit, 2008 DL1000 V-Strom, 1977 GS750B

Comment

Originally posted by gbw View Post
                ..................... 1 KLR650 (I didn't recognize it at first because it didn't have a milk crate bungeed to the luggage rack), ..........
                Maybe if it had been all flat grey......

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Boriqua View Post
                  ................... I got my first camera that took a bulb you screwed into a metal hood for flash. .....!
                  My first camera (Agfa), had manual exposure setting (shutter speed and aperture) and no light meter. The light meter was a separate device.

Focus was just guess the distance.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
                    Dave, me thinks you're right under the flight path between Chicago and NYC, Boston.
                    I was thinking they pointed toward Detroit. (Grand Rapids would be too close.)

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
                      Thanks.......
                      Really.
                      I suppose he just doesn't know how the human mind works; you say "monkey in a bellhop uniform" my mind pictures a monkey in a bellhop uniform. LOL
                      The ole 'didn't happen unless there are pictures' doesn't apply here. I totally believe he was in fact sprawled on the couch in said urban uniform.

Comment

Got up this morning, set the alarm even, intending to get a sunrise pic. But I find staying up late much easier then getting up early.
                        Got out around 7 am and had a nice little ride. Stopped at the reservoir and had coffee. A good bit of people there doing odd things such as jogging, biking, and fishing. Who gets up so early for such frivolity?

http://20170820_071318 by Glen Brenner, on Flickr

Coffee...
                        http://20170820_071828 by Glen Brenner, on Flickr

http://20170820_073003 by Glen Brenner, on Flickr

I liked this pic with both shadows below and above the water.
                        http://20170820_073411 by Glen Brenner, on Flickr
                        sigpic
                        When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                        -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                        -Rusty old scooter.
                        Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                        https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                        https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Great pics, Glen!
                          "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
                          ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                          1982 CB900f

Comment

I rode down to Tucson yesterday to visit with my sister and her family. This is a pic taken through their living room window.

IMG_20170819_181826717_HDR.jpg
                            ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                            1982 CB900f

Comment

Here is one taken at the Tom Mix Memorial, which is on my way back.

IMG_20170820_101523959.jpg
                              ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                              1982 CB900f

Comment

Here is one from the historic City Building in old Florence.

IMG_20170820_103707433.jpg
                                ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                                1982 CB900f

Comment

Working...
                                X