No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's a very large area called the driftless area. Great riding. Tons of great roads in a triangle between Durand, Black River Fall and Prarie du Chien. Non ending supplies of good roads. How do you like your Sprint 1050?
    Current Rides: 82 GS1100E, 00 Triumph 955 Speed Triple, 03 Kawasaki ZRX1200, 01 Honda GL1800, '15 Kawasaki 1000 Versys
    Past Rides: 72 Honda SL-125, Kawasaki KE-175, 77 GS750 with total yosh stage 1 kit, 79 GS1000s, 80 GS1000S, 82 GS750e,82 GS1000S, 84 VF500f, 86 FZR600, 95 Triumph Sprint 900,96 Triumph Sprint, 97 Triumph Sprint, 01 Kawasaki ZRX1200, 07 Triumph Tiger 1050, 01 Yam YFZ250F
    Work in progress: 78 GS1000, unknown year GS1100ES

Comment

Originally posted by limeex2 View Post
      There's a very large area called the driftless area. Great riding. Tons of great roads in a triangle between Durand, Black River Fall and Prarie du Chien. Non ending supplies of good roads. How do you like your Sprint 1050?
      I just got it the first of the month, so I'm just getting use to it. Went on a 360 mile trip last weekend and the last 60 miles were getting to me. The way home was much better as I learned some new seat positions to change it up a bit. Much better. No pain and I think I could have gone another hundred. I like it!
      sigpic
      83 GS1100g
      2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

No pics yet, but got 63 laps (2.24 miles) at Pacific Raceways. Good times, my tires are done, managed to squeeze one more day outta them.
        Maybe good for 300 street miles, will see.
        GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

More pics from the Dragon:

Awesome trip..

Took the GMC in today...

...I'm picking up my GS750 this after noon!!!!
          Jedz Moto
          1980 Suzuki GS1000G
          1988 Honda GL1500-6
          2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
          2020 Honda Monkey Z125
          2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
          Originally posted by Hayabuser
          Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Nice photos, Jedz.
            Don't know if you have explained it already but what is up with the bungee cords on the forks?
            2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Guys, I gotta ask Is there a photographer camped out at The Tail Of The Dragon? Or maybe it's like that spot on the roller coaster that snaps a pic then after the ride you walk by the booth and see your pic? Except in this case not a single person has their hands in the air.
              Roger

Current rides
              1983 GS 850G
              2003 FJR 1300A
              Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
                Nice photos, Jedz.
                Don't know if you have explained it already but what is up with the bungee cords on the forks?
                Big trips like that I always carry back up Bungees. You never know when you might need them
                So I put my backups on the front forks.
                Jedz Moto
                1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                1988 Honda GL1500-6
                2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
                  Guys, I gotta ask Is there a photographer camped out at The Tail Of The Dragon? Or maybe it's like that spot on the roller coaster that snaps a pic then after the ride you walk by the booth and see your pic? Except in this case not a single person has their hands in the air.
                  Photographer.....
                  sigpic
                  When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                  -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                  -Rusty old scooter.
                  Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                  https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                  https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
                    Photographer.....
                    http://www.killboy.com
                    129photos.com offers the highest quality photos on the Dragon. When it comes to Dragon pictures, US129photos.com has you covered. Our Dragon photographers shoot every day of the week from around 9am til as late as 6pm. We are happy to work with clubs visiting
                    Jedz Moto
                    1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                    1988 Honda GL1500-6
                    2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
                      Big trips like that I always carry back up Bungees. You never know when you might need them
                      So I put my backups on the front forks.
                      Tell the truth...that's your aftermarket fork brace!

Comment

That's the site I looked up a few years ago for pics of my TOTD rides. I wonder how long they archive them? Those photographers popping out at the turns can be distracting or entice one into pushing it beyond reasonable limits.

Comment

Originally posted by lurch12_2000 View Post
                          Tell the truth...that's your aftermarket fork brace!
                          Yeah those inverted HD forks are pretty horrid HAHA Need bungees to stiffen up the front end.
                          Jedz Moto
                          1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                          1988 Honda GL1500-6
                          2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Originally posted by lurch12_2000 View Post
                            That's the site I looked up a few years ago for pics of my TOTD rides. I wonder how long they archive them? Those photographers popping out at the turns can be distracting or entice one into pushing it beyond reasonable limits.
                            I did my best to just ignore them and keep my eye through the turn...
                            Jedz Moto
                            1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                            1988 Honda GL1500-6
                            2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

I did my best to just ignore them and keep my eye through the turn...
                              You need to come to the Pacific Northwest. Real mountains and roads........
                              sigpic
                              83 GS1100g
                              2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie G View Post
                                You need to come to the Pacific Northwest. Real mountains and roads........
                                That was my biggest solo ride I've done, I usually have company. Now that I broke that barrier I'm thinking west coast ride next year... Need to get into a little better shape and look at my calendar for I'll need to take at least 2 weeks off to complete that journey.
                                Jedz Moto
                                1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                                1988 Honda GL1500-6
                                2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Working...
                                X