No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And here is one taken by Poston Butte, atop of which is one of three pyramids in Arizona. This one marks the burial place of Charles Poston, who lobbied Congress to create Arizona as a Territory.

IMG_20170820_104551050.jpg
    "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
    ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
    1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
      ............ A good bit of people there doing odd things such as jogging, biking, and fishing. Who gets up so early for such frivolity?
      Yah, Imagine all the effort they had to go to for that, and get up that early. What weirdos.

Nice photo of the shadows and reflections. Probably wasnt any way to get the bike in the shot also.... har har har

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
      GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Out for a short early afternoon ride.
        Went thru a park on the river. THis back road to a far corner of the park, has part of the bayou running over it.

I have had some folks comment on my pics of bike with back tire in the water at a boat ramp, and they have challenged me to get both tires in the water. So here it is.....

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
        GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Eating the Tail of the Dragon.

Over nighting in little Switzerland...
          Love it down here!!!
          Finish up the BRP tomorrow.

This is my religion...
          Jedz Moto
          1980 Suzuki GS1000G
          1988 Honda GL1500-6
          2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
          2020 Honda Monkey Z125
          2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
          Originally posted by Hayabuser
          Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post

This is my religion...
            Wow, that is beyond an amazing shot. No need for any higher power BS when stuff like this is out there.
            That'd be a cool painting.
            GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

2017-08-21_08-45-25 by Rob Ert, on Flickr
              Rob
              1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
              Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Great photo, Rob.
                The DNA of that bike is now complete.
                2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

IMG_0799.jpg
                  Went for a nice ride to catch the post eclipse sunset out in the Western New York farm country.

Comment

Originally posted by azr View Post
                    The legendary man!!!
                    "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                    1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                    1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                    1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

The old GS850G is still a cool bike to ride the back roads of NH. I've owned over 40 bikes and the GS is still a pleasure to ride. Today's view over Bow Lake....

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Definitely a cool run of pictures.

Pilot, your sister has a cool view.

Dave.... water. Always fun. I dig reflection shots. Years ago, I replicated one of your boat launch/ rear tire in water pictures in the riding game. I was nervous....

Justin, great view, and cool scrapes on the H-D exhaust, presumably from the Dragon.

Cooley pic. Nuff said..

Jlyon, nice sunset, with a splash of orange on the bike.

Lurch, the 850 of yours is a beauty.
                        sigpic
                        When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                        -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                        -Rusty old scooter.
                        Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                        https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                        https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                          Out for a short early afternoon ride.
                          Went thru a park on the river. THis back road to a far corner of the park, has part of the bayou running over it.

I have had some folks comment on my pics of bike with back tire in the water at a boat ramp, and they have challenged me to get both tires in the water. So here it is.....
                          Yes, but can you pull a boat?
                          Current Rides: 82 GS1100E, 00 Triumph 955 Speed Triple, 03 Kawasaki ZRX1200, 01 Honda GL1800, '15 Kawasaki 1000 Versys
                          Past Rides: 72 Honda SL-125, Kawasaki KE-175, 77 GS750 with total yosh stage 1 kit, 79 GS1000s, 80 GS1000S, 82 GS750e,82 GS1000S, 84 VF500f, 86 FZR600, 95 Triumph Sprint 900,96 Triumph Sprint, 97 Triumph Sprint, 01 Kawasaki ZRX1200, 07 Triumph Tiger 1050, 01 Yam YFZ250F
                          Work in progress: 78 GS1000, unknown year GS1100ES

Comment

Got off work today and didn't feel up to riding Lou but we needed to go by the barn and I wanted to ride so the wife and I took off on the bike. We stopped in and took care of both horses than took off for a bit of a ride. A section of the route must have received some fresh gravel as when I laid it over into a curve the front end seemed to have slid out a bit on me. But we had a nice evening and even stopped off at one of my favorite bridges then for some ice cream.

The wife posed for the camera

Helena Germantown Bridge by Scott Baker, on Flickr
                            Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                            1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                            2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                            Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                            and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Finely feeling better. Rode the alphabets south of Durand Wi. 200+ miles. The rear tire was starting to get square. I think I fixed it...
                              Attached Files
                              Current Rides: 82 GS1100E, 00 Triumph 955 Speed Triple, 03 Kawasaki ZRX1200, 01 Honda GL1800, '15 Kawasaki 1000 Versys
                              Past Rides: 72 Honda SL-125, Kawasaki KE-175, 77 GS750 with total yosh stage 1 kit, 79 GS1000s, 80 GS1000S, 82 GS750e,82 GS1000S, 84 VF500f, 86 FZR600, 95 Triumph Sprint 900,96 Triumph Sprint, 97 Triumph Sprint, 01 Kawasaki ZRX1200, 07 Triumph Tiger 1050, 01 Yam YFZ250F
                              Work in progress: 78 GS1000, unknown year GS1100ES

Comment

Nice! I didn't see anything like that when I was in MN last year. I was on the interstate...
                                sigpic
                                83 GS1100g
                                2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Working...
                                X