anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MI GS850G guy View Post
    Yeah no kidding! And 140MPH on a 600!? I had no idea bikes had come that far since my '81! The only way mine will go that fast is off a cliff (and not for very long, either). All I can say is, you have WAY bigger huevos than I do!
    There was some speedo error for sure but these little buggers rip.

Ahhh
    No sound like a 4 cylinder spinning up to 14K RPM
    Last edited by Jedz123; 09-18-2017, 09:10 PM.
    Jedz Moto
    1980 Suzuki GS1000G
    1988 Honda GL1500-6
    2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
    2020 Honda Monkey Z125
    2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
    Originally posted by Hayabuser
    Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by gbw View Post
      Looks pretty nice to be a beater. I've spent way more for way less
      It's a beater if you can fetch a "Nice" GS in the same price point or more...

Or maybe People are just asking Too Much for GS's... I mean this guy wasnt north of $2K on a 850G...
      Or maybe my value of bikes is skewed .
      Last edited by Jedz123; 09-19-2017, 09:56 AM.
      Jedz Moto
      1980 Suzuki GS1000G
      1988 Honda GL1500-6
      2020 Honda Monkey Z125
      Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post

Ahhh
        I find myself really liking that instrument cluster. I also like the shifting into 3rd gear at 100 and shifting into 6th at 150. And the way the front end wants to float away. Very entertaining video
        Current: 2014 BMW R1200GS, 2009 Triumph Tiger 1050, 1996 DR350SE
        Previous: 2022 GSX-S1000GT+, 2007 GSF1250SA Bandit, 2008 DL1000 V-Strom, 1977 GS750B

Comment

Originally posted by gbw View Post
          I find myself really liking that instrument cluster. I also like the shifting into 3rd gear at 100 and shifting into 6th at 150. And the way the front end wants to float away. Very entertaining video
          They had to revamp the model in 2010 to the FZ6R for the FZ6 was a too overwhelming and not very receptive for "beginner" riders. They knocked 20 hp off and added a "sporty" fairing to help increase sale. Ultimately the FZ6 line was replaced with the FZ-07 however the original FZ6 was very high performance for the Standard bike realm. 100Hp at 13.5K RPM in a bike that weighs a touch over 450lbs Soaking Wet... The power is all thanks to the "re"-Tuned R6 power-plant.

Very fast MC... A true bargain bike that not many people know about.

One of the Best 600's ever made IMHO.
          Jedz Moto
          1980 Suzuki GS1000G
          1988 Honda GL1500-6
          2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Ahhh
            Distasteful on so many levels.
            sigpic
            83 GS1100g
            2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie G View Post
              Distasteful on so many levels.
              Different strokes for different folks...
              Jedz Moto
              1980 Suzuki GS1000G
              1988 Honda GL1500-6
              2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Different strokes for different folks...
                This is not the place for this discussion, or flapping your junk in the wind
                sigpic
                83 GS1100g
                2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie G View Post
                  This is not the place for this discussion, or flapping your junk in the wind
                  Did I miss something here?

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Comment

Originally posted by wacky941 View Post
                    Did I miss something here?
                    This place is crazy LOL
                    Jedz Moto
                    1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                    1988 Honda GL1500-6
                    2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

This place is crazy LOL
                      I liked what you wrote before. You can't please everyone but yet your friends are here.

Nice video, btw. Very ballsy popping a mini-wheelie and hitting 150+. I was amazed to go 100 so anything past that is a pucker factor if ONE is not familiar with that speed.

Ed
                      Last edited by GSXR7ED; 09-19-2017, 06:51 PM.
                      GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                      GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
                      GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                      Originally posted by GSXR7ED
                      Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Riding all right. Only problem is I'm riding a chainsaw. LOL Took the Stihl out for a spin around the yard.
                        All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Originally posted by earlfor View Post
                          Riding all right. Only problem is I'm riding a chainsaw. LOL Took the Stihl out for a spin around the yard.
                          How did you fair with Hurricane Irma? I bet you're riding the chain saw! Crazy Earl!!!

Ed
                          GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                          GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
                          GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                          Originally posted by GSXR7ED
                          Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Originally posted by GSXR7ED View Post
                            How did you fair with Hurricane Irma? I bet you're riding the chain saw! Crazy Earl!!!

Ed
                            The worst is the trees down. I may be buying stock in chain saw blades. LOL I have the driveway cleared, but the rest is too much to do by myself. I would be cutting up trees for six months. heh
                            All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Originally posted by earlfor View Post
                              The worst is the trees down. I may be buying stock in chain saw blades. LOL I have the driveway cleared, but the rest is too much to do by myself. I would be cutting up trees for six months. heh
                              Too bad you're not up here. You could just put a sign on the gate " Free Firewood " and it would be gone in a couple of days.........
                              Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
                              Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
                              1983 GS 750

Comment

My grandfather used to sell firewood in Florida. He also sold cow manure. seriously.
                                2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
                                82 gs1100L probably the next project
                                1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
                                https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
                                1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

Working...
                                X