No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First ride out of 2018. lots of changes this year, some obvious, some subtle, but all the the better!
    100_2574.jpg
    1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

Originally posted by Agemax View Post
      First ride out of 2018. lots of changes this year, some obvious, some subtle, but all the the better!

Wow!
      Details?

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
      GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Just a short 90 miler on my 919, was good to blow the carbon out and start breaking in a new tire.

V
        Gustov
        80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
        81 GS 1000 G
        79 GS 850 G
        81 GS 850 L
        83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
        80 GS 550 L
        86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
        2002 Honda 919
        2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post

Wow!
          Details?
          Main upgrades are YSS rear shock with adjustable shock linkages, Hyabusa foot rests, uprated clutch and changed from UNI foam filters to stacks with filter socks. New chain and sprockets, 19/50 ratio with h/d DID chain. Both brake calipers have been completely refurbed, new rear tyre and a few cosmetic "enhancements!"
          1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

After a couple of short rides this morning following Charmayne to and from work, I chose to head out for my first long ride on the Bandit. Heading east to one of my favorite runs through Caesar Creek, I stopped to get my normal Corwin Bridge picture

Corwin Bridge 21 Apr 18 by Scott Baker, on Flickr

Bandit at Corwin Bridge by Scott Baker, on Flickr

Although it was in the 50s and felt very nice during the day, it sure got cold after about 6pm. I decided to turn on the grip warmers (didn't help the fingertips) and wished I had thrown a long sleeve shirt on or at least put the shell on over the mesh jacket. I'm sure glad the weather is starting to warm up but wish it would hurry up a bit faster.

Later, it felt weird to almost become one with a turkey vulture on the way back home though. As I came around a curve, I saw it start to lift off ahead of me. About the time I got even with it, it looked like it was having a hard time getting any serious height so I decided to let off the throttle slightly. Fortunately, it gave one last strong flap of its wings and I was able to finish up with a good 95 miles for the day.
            Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
            1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
            2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
            Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
            and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post

Later, it felt weird to almost become one with a turkey vulture on the way back home though. As I came around a curve, I saw it start to lift off ahead of me. About the time I got even with it, it looked like it was having a hard time getting any serious height so I decided to let off the throttle slightly. Fortunately, it gave one last strong flap of its wings and I was able to finish up with a good 95 miles for the day.
              I DID "become one" with a vulture once, years ago. He was just a little too determined to get that last bite of roadkill. He lifted off just before I got to him, but it was too late - THUMP! Fortunately, I was in my '79 Chevy Caprice. I lived to tell this story; him, not so much........

Comment

First 60degF day !

First 60 degree day. Celebrate !
                Sunny and clear !
                Hey, Hey, Have survived another winter.

Lots of people out on bike paths. Some of the streets down to the beach were crowded. Lots of folks on the boardwalk. Big line at ProntoPups. Hey, that is kinda like summer.

Doubleheader !
                Yah, Got the GK out, far about an hour ride.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Got my first "real" ride in of the year, and it was on my new-to-me GSX1100G (courtesy of Dave Daniels - man, what a machine! [the bike, not Dave]). Rode to Dexter, then west to Chelsea, then south to Pleasant Lake Rd, then back east into Ann Arbor. In all about 50 miles. Really nice ride.

Comment

Originally posted by MI GS850G guy View Post
                    ........... Rode to Dexter, then west to Chelsea, then south to Pleasant Lake Rd, then back east into Ann Arbor. ..........
                    Almost to Hell and Back.

Comment

Almost to Hell and Back.
                      Actually, yes, it was. Although I'd have had to turn right instead of left.

After searching for a few months, I finally found this one from a Forum member. He (and the other previous owners) kept it in really nice shape. It is rocket fast.
                      Last edited by Guest; 04-22-2018, 08:30 PM.

Comment

Gabbed about 500 miles over the weekend... Most on this Gem, Finally grabbed it!

2018 Triumph Bonneville T120

At Lurch's for lunch after the pickup.
                        Met up with Jethro that evening and then back home to do some, work... The long way home of course!

Ran into my Buddy Brian and he got to give it a go too! Said the only bike he's ridden that's comparable was my Suzuki GS750...

Yesterday I installed engine guards and a windshield. With the Cruise control and wind protection this thing just eats miles... One of the most comfortable Bikes I have ever owned none the less rode... 100 miles yesterday no problem...

Buying and riding the Harley's was a very good experience however It really taught me that Harley's are not for me... I went through the motion and gave it an honest go.

Glad to be on a proper modern classic; standard motorcycle.
                        Last edited by Jedz123; 04-23-2018, 06:14 AM.
                        Jedz Moto
                        1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                        1988 Honda GL1500-6
                        2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                        2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                        2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                        Originally posted by Hayabuser
                        Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

I think my retirement started today (not back in November).

Yah, What coffee shop to ride to this morning, and where to ride to after that. (no pictures).

Comment

I think my retirement started today (not back in November).

Yah, What coffee shop to ride to this morning, and where to ride to after that. (no pictures).

NIIIIIICE!!!!

I still have a few more decades till I'm at that point
                            Jedz Moto
                            1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                            1988 Honda GL1500-6
                            2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                            Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Very nice looking motorcycle Jedz. I'm sure you'll be doing a full ride report. 👍
                              My Motorcycles:
                              22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                              22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                              82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                              81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                              79 1000e (all original)
                              82 850g (all original)
                              80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Thanks!

Shan and I went for a 50 mile spin tonight... By far the most comfortable motorcycle for both of us 2 up... You can't beat that bench seat!

Phenomenal ride tonight.
                                Jedz Moto
                                1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                                1988 Honda GL1500-6
                                2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Working...
                                X