anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
    Nice Share! Those drag bikes were pretty sweet!
    Thanks. Yeah, I had never seen an exhaust system used as a kickstand. That's something most of us would avoid at all costs!

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
      jabcb and hannibal, good on both of you for participating.
      I got some great video during the ride. Hoping to finish editing this weekend so I can share it.

Originally posted by MI GS850G guy View Post
      Thanks. Yeah, I had never seen an exhaust system used as a kickstand. That's something most of us would avoid at all costs!
      I did a double take with that pic, like there's no way it's resting on the exhaust. But I guess it was lol.

Great pics!
      Jordan

1977 Suzuki GS750 (My first bike)
      2000 Kawasaki ZRX1100
      1973 BMW R75/5

Comment

Originally posted by MI GS850G guy View Post
        And those are $1000 exhausts! Most guys have something like this: http://www.dragbike.com/dme-racing-triangle-stand/ or a home brew equivalent.
        sigpic
        09 Kaw C14 Rocket powered Barcalounger
        1983 GS1100e
        82\83 1100e Frankenbike
        1980 GS1260
        Previous 65 Suzuki 80 Scrambler, 76 KZ900, 02 GSF1200S, 81 GS1100e, 80 GS850G

Comment

This ride was in August along the Niagara Parkway.
          Posting mostly to give the Photobucket fix a tryout.

Last edited by steve murdoch; 09-27-2017, 10:00 PM.
          2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Another +100 mile jaunt after work, Headed back to the Adirondacks, Tracy road and Ensign pond road...

This Fazer is a lazer in the turns, my only grievance is the engine braking is poor... Or maybe I'm just so use to big block 4's and the Harley. Fast bike...
            HAHA
            Jedz Moto
            1980 Suzuki GS1000G
            1988 Honda GL1500-6
            2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
            2020 Honda Monkey Z125
            2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
            Originally posted by Hayabuser
            Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
              This ride was in August along the Niagara Parkway.
              Posting mostly to give the Photobucket fix a tryout.

Bummer on Photobucket...
              Jedz Moto
              1980 Suzuki GS1000G
              1988 Honda GL1500-6
              2020 Honda Monkey Z125
              Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

oooops, back to the drawing board.
                2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

GORGEOUS DAY FOR IT!!!

More I see you guys having fun in the boonies on DRs the more i want one...
                  I'm thinking about a new DR myself. My only issues are the seat height and tank capacity. They have an optional gel seat that's lower and a lowering kit. Together they make the seat height about 32.5". Still a tad high. I'm not thrilled about the small tank either. Seems like a nice dependable bike. They've had a lot of time to work any bugs out.
                  And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
                  Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Originally posted by KEITH KRAUSE View Post
                    I'm thinking about a new DR myself. My only issues are the seat height and tank capacity. They have an optional gel seat that's lower and a lowering kit. Together they make the seat height about 32.5". Still a tad high. I'm not thrilled about the small tank either. Seems like a nice dependable bike. They've had a lot of time to work any bugs out.
                    That style motor powers my TU250X... And that thing is bullet proof! And it is a tug for sure! I use it to haul brush and pull stumps all the time (who needs a 4-wheeler anyway?)

Now that I own my house and I'm adding an out door storage area, I forsee many motorcycles moving into the Jedz residence.

How big is the tank?
                    Jedz Moto
                    1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                    1988 Honda GL1500-6
                    2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

I took a leisurely 60-mile ride through my local mountains this morning. ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS scenery, perfect day. Never more than 20 miles from home as the crow flies. Occasionally on crushed limestone roads for several miles. I hope I can remember the route and repeat it!

"I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

Originally posted by kerrfunk View Post
                        I took a leisurely 60-mile ride through my local mountains this morning. ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS scenery, perfect day. Never more than 20 miles from home as the crow flies. Occasionally on crushed limestone roads for several miles. I hope I can remember the route and repeat it!

Bike is looking FANTASTIC!

Enjoy the great riding!
                        Jedz Moto
                        1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                        1988 Honda GL1500-6
                        2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

How big is the tank?
                          3 gal. I don't know what kind of mileage a DR650 gets but 3 gal is kinda small. The Kaw' KLR 650 is around 6 gal. The Kaw' might be the better buy. IDK.
                          And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
                          Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

With the 850 needing new tires, I've been riding the V-strom more lately and am very pleased with it. I've noticed it isn't affected as much by the grooves in the highway that seem to take the 850 all over the place. Difference in tires maybe? One thing I discovered last night, it sure gets squirrelly in sand! Changing the rear sprocket to a 43 tooth made 6th gear usable. Now, on the interstate 75 mph in 6th puts the rpm's around 4500. Hard to tell exactly where I am though since I haven't done a speedo correction mod. My GPS app says it's about 4 mph slower than what the gauge says.

Tried last night to post a couple of pics and they got sideways for some reason, so I deleted them. Maybe this one will work.
                            Attached Files
                            Roger

Current rides
                            1983 GS 850G
                            2003 FJR 1300A
                            Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
                              ........... grooves in the highway .................... Difference in tires maybe? ...
                              Yes.
                              Tread pattern specifically.
                              Rectangular patterns and/or a grove around the center contribute to that. (I base this on years of having to ride over a grated bridge local to here, and other comments have seen posted.)

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                              GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by kerrfunk View Post

Not much better than getting out on back roads only about a car and half wide in the fall that have almost zero cars on them. Trees turning color, bugs going away, smells of drying leaves and grass. And then comes winter....
                                Current Rides: 82 GS1100E, 00 Triumph 955 Speed Triple, 03 Kawasaki ZRX1200, 01 Honda GL1800, '15 Kawasaki 1000 Versys
                                Past Rides: 72 Honda SL-125, Kawasaki KE-175, 77 GS750 with total yosh stage 1 kit, 79 GS1000s, 80 GS1000S, 82 GS750e,82 GS1000S, 84 VF500f, 86 FZR600, 95 Triumph Sprint 900,96 Triumph Sprint, 97 Triumph Sprint, 01 Kawasaki ZRX1200, 07 Triumph Tiger 1050, 01 Yam YFZ250F
                                Work in progress: 78 GS1000, unknown year GS1100ES

Comment

Working...
                                X