anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MI GS850G guy View Post
    Wow..... great shots Roger! Looks like it was a lot of fun. What year is your bike?
    Thanks, cell phone pics. Man, they've come a long way with these things.

The Vee is a 2002 and the GS is an 83.

I can't tel you how much fun it was riding underneath these things this morning. As the air outside warmed up they dropped like flies everywhere!
    Roger

Current rides
    1983 GS 850G
    2003 FJR 1300A
    Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

GK out for first time in 6 weeks.

Will say more later.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
      GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

BRAVO DAVE!!! Glad to see the GK on the road again! The ol' girl is looking good.👍
        My Motorcycles:
        22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
        22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
        82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
        81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
        79 1000e (all original)
        82 850g (all original)
        80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Didn't go for much of a ride today (only about 12 miles each way) but it was nice anyway. I rode to the DQ in Dexter, MI for probably the last time this season. On the way back, I took the Huron River Rd, which (surprisingly enough) parallels the Huron River. It's a really pretty ride - especially this time of year. Fall is in full swing up here. On my way out of Ann Arbor, I stopped at a Senior Center to take some more shots. Here's one of the better ones.....

http://DSC_3706_s by Billy Joe, on Flickr
          B.O.T.M. photo right there.
          Never mind, make it B.O.T.Y.
          Beautiful bike, MI.
          2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Thanks for the great pics, Roger.
            Just added the Fiesta to the Bucket List.
            2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Ripping it around my property... HAHA Love the little popcorn popper!
              Jedz Moto
              1980 Suzuki GS1000G
              1988 Honda GL1500-6
              2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
              2020 Honda Monkey Z125
              2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
              Originally posted by Hayabuser
              Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Jedz, that is a fabulous photo!
                "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
                ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                1982 CB900f

Comment

Popcorn popper, hahaha

I can almost smell the moist wooded air just looking at the pic! Theres usually no or little smell in the dry desert air other than when rain falls (IF rain falls)
                  Roger

Current rides
                  1983 GS 850G
                  2003 FJR 1300A
                  Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

It's been really odd weather here. Still in the 70's Rain to clear to rain to clear and Today Heavy rains, still rode in on the FZ6.
                    I'll take it usually the temps are in the 40'and 50's leaves are dropping now but we haven't had peak foliage yet.
                    Planning on a 100 mile ride after work today... Something about a long wet ride that really gets the juices flowing!

Looking to pickup a true Pop Corn Popper! A 74 RD200!

Thanks! I really enjoy the fact I have little piece of woods on my property.
                    Jedz Moto
                    1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                    1988 Honda GL1500-6
                    2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                    Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Oh that was funny. There's an alley runs next to my house, and a business parking lot behind the house. School got out early today, and there were six middle-school-aged kids hanging out in the parking lot, and I roll in from my afternoon ride, and I stop so I can put my hand in my pocket and hit the garage door opener. Six kids looking terrified at me. One of them takes off running and the others follow. One sticks around and sees that I'm just opening my garage door, and he calls out to the others "Hey guys, he's just opening his garage" and I laugh and laugh inside my helmet as he joins his departed friends. The alley is empty now.

Anyway I explored some new territory today, ten fifteen miles south of my house. This road I was on went from nice asphalt with two yellow lines, to no lines, to one lane, to gravel. I was on the gravel for about three miles, wondering the last time a person had gone by.

"I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

Sounds like a nice ride. You really do seem to enjoy exploring new territory. Good composition on the photo, and the B/W is a nice touch.

If the kids' reaction meant what I think it meant, that's a sad sign of our times. But maybe it was more innocent than that.

Comment

Sounds like a nice ride. You really do seem to enjoy exploring new territory. Good composition on the photo, and the B/W is a nice touch.

If the kids' reaction meant what I think it meant, that's a sad sign of our times. But maybe it was more innocent than that.
                          Thanks. I am enjoying exploring the area, and realizing that for all its downfalls, WV has some lovely roads.

I think the kids took off cuz they thought I was going to yell at them for hanging out in the alley/parking lot.
                          "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

First Frost of the season...

Sorry the photography is lame, I have horrid lighting at my house.

25 mile ride in. Geared up, didn't need the heated gear today!
                            Jedz Moto
                            1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                            1988 Honda GL1500-6
                            2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

It's 39F down here in Delaware. You're up early Jedz.

Ed
                              GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                              GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
                              GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                              Originally posted by GSXR7ED
                              Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Yes sir... 6:30AM everyday I start my day at work. Mostly skimming and addressing the plethora of emails that hit my inbox when I head out the evening prior. I usually get out of work around 6PM on Tuesdays... Luckily I don't have to work 6 days this week.
                                Jedz Moto
                                1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                                1988 Honda GL1500-6
                                2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Working...
                                X